3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
EvgenyDMT 23.12.20 12:32 am

Is it worth changing the i5 2550K to the i7 3770K?

Good day.
Is it possible to exchange my i5 for 3770K with an additional payment of 5k (PC config in the profile), is it worth changing?
I will add not a lot of my thoughts ..
In some games I began to notice processor dependence , Fallout 4 is still not so critical, F1 2015 in the rain, FPS sometimes dropped to 35-40 and the load on the video was ~ 70%.
So I think what will happen next and is there any point in changing the stone ..? On the one hand, the life-power cycle of my stone will end at about the same time as the stones of the 3rd and 4th generations, so we will change the whole platform (throwing off not a small bablink).
On the other hand, change to a second-hand 3770k 2-3-year-old, in shit under the lid that dries up and puts you in front of a question: buy a powerful CO or a scalp ..
I don't want to drive my own up to 5 GHz, because this is a high voltage, in the end, degradation and then I won't sell it to anyone.
How much better can i7 reveal my video and is it worth waiting for an average gain of 15-20 fps?
6 Comments
Sort by:
h
helio 23.12.20

there is a possibility to change 5p norms surcharge

D
DozoRRR 23.12.20

EvgenyDMT
Change games right now more and more require threads, cores. The i7 will not bend as quickly as the i5. And here, rather, it will be necessary to expect an increase not in the maximum or average number of fps, but in the minimum it will be higher, because vidyuha will always work 100% and will not wake up drawdowns of the strong. And about the scalp, yes it will be inevitable, maybe even now))) Because for so many years there may be crackers under the lid and you can forget about overclocking, he himself collided on his profile, drove me, now even though my stone is unsuccessful, temperatures in the same links are better than steel.

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

with such a small surcharge, it is worth changing
and what kind of growth is it worth waiting for this business of games. in fufllout4 and in sruzis 3 it seems like it's worth reaping the gain. in zhta and ossins is not worth it as an objection to the map is likely.

N
NEET 23.12.20

EvgenyDMT the gain will be in the range of 2-5% and ask yourself, do you need it? and is it worth the cost? and time.

f
falsh777 23.12.20

If you know how to use it, take it.
SpoilerBut you are 100% unaware of what it is faster.

t
technopank 23.12.20

There is one nuance here, not only the CPU affects the frames in games. In general, find a similar confa pc and compare. It is 2 times easier.