3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 23.12.20 12:55 am

Changed firewood, problems started

I changed the drivers on my video, at 16.7.3, the temperature went up in idle by a couple of degrees, and I also noticed that the GPU frequency increased in idle, the default was like 300, how is it possible? Who has the same r9 280x card, is it normal at all this?

6 Comments
Sort by:
V
VOVAN WOLFovich 23.12.20

KrampusX
"the default was like 300" - To avoid it, install utilities such as MSI Gaming APP, MSI Afterburner. Then you will know exactly how much should be.
Linkhttps: //ru.msi.com/Graphics-card/support/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#down-utility
In fact, I don't know where I got these numbers, but it's better to check with proprietary programs.
If you believe, then in fact he is right. At idle, the frequency is low, because, if I understood correctly, it works in 2D mode on the desktop:
Example
Reasons for the overestimated nominal frequency:
Spoiler1) Viruses;
2) There is an application that works in 3d mode and loads the video card. To answer this question, you need to look at the power consumption and GPU load, usually in idle these figures are minimal. Power consumption of 1-6% and idle GPU load of 0-3% is normal, although it may also depend on the video card model. If these numbers are too high, then look for a process that loads the video card.
3) Carry out a clean installation of the driver, removing the previous settings;
4) Glitch of the driver itself. You should not install a bat, and you should not install third-party drivers for other video cards
The idle temperature is 32-42 degrees, depending on the room temperature, this is the norm. For this video card, idle at 22 degrees indoors - 32-37 degrees working, this is very good. At idle 300 MHz for the core of this video card, this is the norm. I believe that 500 is still overpriced.
I had a similar glitch on gtx 1080, fixed it, perhaps by disabling maximum performance in the nvidia panel. And there was also the thought that this is, in principle, a glitch of the driver itself.

L
Len4ik00N 23.12.20

KrampusX
in idle temperature has risen because the frequency has increased, but a couple of degrees is not critical, the main thing is that the voltage is not overestimated.

S
Shadowarm 23.12.20

Len4ik00N
This is critical for me, vidyuha works halfway at idle

L
Len4ik00N 23.12.20

KrampusX
I wrote about the temperature that it is not critical. If you want the card to work in idle mode as before, then the way out is quite obvious - roll back to the previous version of firewood, or wait until this one is corrected.

S
Shadowarm 23.12.20

Len4ik00N
So I rolled back, but bro does not help

L
Len4ik00N 23.12.20

KrampusX
It was necessary to write about it from the very beginning. Then let's start with how you updated the drivers: did you just download new ones and install, or did you first delete the old ones and install new ones? And one more question: how exactly did you rollback: through the device manager or manually?