3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Erseker 23.12.20 01:01 am

GTX 660 Ti 2GB gets warm

In the game, the temperature of the video card reaches 77 degrees, I did not notice this before, but recently I began to notice this temperature in games, is it normal for this video card?
PS I changed the cleaning and replacement of thermal paste last month.
17 Comments
Sort by:
T
The dmitry disaire 23.12.20

Well, check the cooler for dust, clean them, increase the speed.

b
bazilews 23.12.20

Erseker
Yes, in principle, normal operating temperature for this card.

Z
ZONE93 23.12.20

this is all because of the new firewood on the video card.

S
Sidorovich12 23.12.20

Erseker
Cool same. In winter there will be something to warm up .
When you changed the thermal paste, did you see how your GPU was assembled? It happens on such video cards the chip is sealed like a CPU on top of an aluminum cover under which there is thermal paste. Most often, it is because of it that overheating begins, despite the fact that the CO radiator is clean and the thermal paste is fresh. In such cases, the so-called scalping is done, that is, remove the lid by heating and remove the dried thermal paste.
If your crystal is not covered by anything, then do not pay attention to my message.
Just many times I met the heating of the video card out of the blue from the failure of the thermal interface for video cards sealed from above with covers on the GPU. In this case, the cover is simply thrown away and the heatsink is placed, like all modern video cards, by direct contact of the heatsink with the GPU crystal.
Well, so, in principle, if your temperature does not exceed 85 degrees, then you have nothing to worry about.

G
Glock_WB 23.12.20

and on yours it should cho, get colder? LOL

S
Sidorovich12 23.12.20

PGlook
Of course . In winter, warm up so that it is not cold to play in the barn, cool in summer so that the eggs do not steam in your pants .

S
Sonic268 23.12.20

I have a GTX 745 video card, I know a bad card is worth it, but there is no money yet to change to a normal one, so I generally tried to install new drivers on the 362.00 driver version and the system unit does not turn on the first time, and after the second time it turns on it writes in the event log that the driver stopped responding and was restored

s
stiwes2011 23.12.20

There was such a problem with a 560 ti card, it was heating up terribly, but strangely enough, the problem was in the power supply. Over time, the computer began to turn off when I was playing (but as I understood it, the fuse worked), I bought a more powerful power supply and the video card practically did not heat up so much, about 45 -55 in heavy games. But then I warmed up to 80 - 90 and the protection worked.

E
Edonis 23.12.20

I have an Inno3D 670, so it is a crazy stove - with the new thermal paste MX-4 heats up within 80-85, and sometimes all 90.4 years - the flight is excellent. True, noisy PPC, you can't play without headphones. The maximum temperature I recorded in The Witcher 3 was around 114 degrees. Everything slowed down wildly, but nothing burned out. Then I cleaned the cooler and again all 80-90 without brakes.

S
SavvyZOR 23.12.20

1. 660
2. GTX V
3. 77 degrees
4. Summer To be
surprised at such a thing is idiocy.

K
Kahran ramsus 23.12.20

Another google banned. The most common temperature. http://www.hardwareluxx.ru/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/23190-test-geforce-gtx-660-ti-.html?start=9

v
v1806v 23.12.20

Well, I have such a map. warm up only up to 65 like. The computer does not reboot. All normal. I vacuum every half a year. When it gets hot at home, I open the balcony or window. Check the speed of the cooler, it may be dead and not working at full capacity. change it. and so xs.

E
Erseker 23.12.20

v1806v
I thought that the problem is in the coolers, but setting it to full power through MSI Afterburner and everything turns and makes noise. But as written above, the temperature for this card is normal.

w
winni madison 23.12.20

Erseker
I read somewhere before that if video cards reach t 90 degrees then you need to boil

D
Dos9ra 23.12.20

http://prntscr.com/c7oo49 here, but this is in the reference, as the specific model was not indicated. I have an OS version 770 from gigabytes at 29-30 degrees in the room, in the Witcher 3, for example, it heats up to 78-79.
_Savvy_ wrote:
1. 660
2. GTX V
3. 77 degrees
4. Summer To be
surprised at this is idiocy.
Agree =))

T
TheRealStalker 23.12.20

Sidorovich12
So you tell me to send you a computer, you will bask with it in your bunker))))

S
Sidorovich12 23.12.20

TheRealStalker An
expensive heater too. I have a regular room for this case in my "bunker" is :)).
By the way, powerful coolers on the cards are never enough native, as I have already noticed. If you take cards, especially those with the Ti suffix, then get ready to immediately replace it with something more massive and powerful. For example, my card was heated in load up to 89 degrees. I threw out my own 2 fan cooling along with a radiator. I put there a four-pipe direct-contact turret from the proc, since there was no normal vidyuchny road at hand. Now I'm getting high with 65 degrees and a quiet 12 cm fan at 1600 rpm.