3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sater 23.12.20 06:06 am

Vsync and 30 FPS (Far Cry 3)

Hello, I ran into a problem: instead of the usual on and off, here 1 frame 2 frames, if you put 1 frame, the frequency jumps from 30 to 60 (on average 40-45 fps), if 2 frames then the frequency is not more than 30 fps. I put 1 frame, I play, But when I leave the game and come back in, then vert. synchronization is still 1 frame, and the game gives out no more than 30 maximum. It only helps to distort the settings by 2 frames, then by 1, apply. How do I get the setting to work, without menu manipulation?
The game is a Steam license (well, and upley, respectively).
5 Comments
Sort by:
A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 23.12.20

Well, I can only advise you to optimize through GeForce Experience.

S
Sater 23.12.20

I don't use experience. Strange, all the other games ran without problems, maybe this is the Uplay client? When you exit the game, he writes - cloud save error, although progress is saved, now I have disabled cloud save.

M
MaxBlur 23.12.20

Sater
yubiki made everything crooked as always. Get used to it.

A
Alamut95 23.12.20

Triple buffering does not work in the game, only double, so the FPS drops sharply to 30. If you minimize and unfold the game, then the FPS does not sag and image breaks go away, even if vertical sync is disabled. I read that in this way Windows itself uses a triple buffer, I don't know if it's true or not. I recommend using GeForce Experience (if the card is from Nvidia, and there are other programs) to limit the fps at around 58 frames (the lock will actually be at 60 fps) and enable windowed mode in the game settings without border. Thus, the card will not be unnecessarily loaded, producing more than 60 fps (if the monitor is 60Hz, then more fps go to empty) and there will be no image breaks. You can also enable triple buffering using D3DOverrider, but Far Cry 3 has recently been bad friends with it, it still does not work with 64-bit games. And further,

S
Sater 23.12.20

Thanks for the advice, but FarCry3 is already done, but I'm also going to try Blood Dragon, maybe your advice will come in handy there?