3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BordEnot 23.12.20 06:19 am

GPU Loading -100%: Power Consumption 30% During Games

After some game closes incorrectly. That is, if I close it through the Task Manager or it just crashes, then in the next launch of the game there will be a GPU load at 100%, power consumption of a maximum of 30%.
The temperature is kept at the level of 30 degrees, while the FPS drops sharply, a stable 20-25 fps. Checked for viruses, found nothing.
Updated drivers, demolished did not help. What is the problem?
Ps This problem is treated by restarting the computer. If she crashes (Game) then everything will start the same
24 Comments
Sort by:
_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

BordEnot
100% GPU load Or I didn't understand something, or something else .. GPU load should be 100% in games.

M
MODERN_GEAR 23.12.20

your game most likely does not close until the end, here I see 2 reasons: the problem of the system itself, or the RAM is not cleaned

B
BordEnot 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
The point is that only the load on the GPU is 100%. That is, power consumption and other aspects do not strain at all, including the CPU

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

BordEnot
But the power consumption is low, so the temperature is low and the FPS is low. What map?

B
BordEnot 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
GTX 950 2gb

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

BordEnot
Put Afterburner, monitor Do

Spoiler

B
BordEnot 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
Core Voltage cannot be changed on this card

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

BordEnot
Puzzled)) And add. Is there food on the card? If there is, you need to check the PSU, while nothing else comes into your head. If not, check PCI-E.

b
betasisko 23.12.20

this is your driver crash. the GPU frequency drops to about 500 MHz, so the power consumption is small. there may be problems with the power supply (lack of current on the 6 or 8 pin connector) or the video card itself does not support overclocking (factory or yours).

n
nominar 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
Where did you read that there should be 100% loading ?, I play with 60 fps and GPU loading is usually no more than 70%

B
BordEnot 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
This has never happened before. This happened after the installation of Dungeon Defenders
2))

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

nominar
Naturally, if you forcefully limit the performance of the card, then it will not load 100%. Especially 1080.

K
Kirlusha 23.12.20

BordEnot
I have the same card, only Strix OC. In the beginning, after installing it and updating the firewood, there was the same garbage with the driver crashing, he only cured it with a complete, clean reinstallation of the firewood, having previously cleanly removed all traces of the old ones from under the safe mode. There was no other way. Now it has been plowing for two months without departures.

D
Dying 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
Should not, more precisely, it all depends on VK and the Game. For example, for me, crisis3 uses GPU only 40%, but if you run it, say at 660, then he will put it in 100%

B
BordEnot 23.12.20

So you write what to do with this problem in stages?

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

Dying I
have no desire to argue. If the map (in your case, the 980th) is only 40% loaded in the crisis, then there are problems, either in the map or in the display of information. Of course, if you launch a sapper, it will not load 100%, but in the crisis the 980 is already at 1080p, it should be loaded to the maximum.

D
Dying 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
Slack 980 40%, 100fps. No more where, because the limit in the crisis engine is 100fps. Therefore, the load is 40%. Don't be stupid if you don't know shit.

_
_Watermelon_ 23.12.20

Dying
Kindly don't write to me anymore!

D
Dying 23.12.20

_Watermelon_
Kindly come a miracle

L
Listoman 23.12.20

Dying
What? In krayzis it quietly produces more than 100 frames.