3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
gmh4589 24.12.20 01:07 am

Buying a game from the Epic Store (Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order)

People, who knows, if I buy a game from the Epic Store, will it need to be launched through two launchers (Epic + Origin) or only through one?
5 Comments
Sort by:
w
walkris 24.12.20

gmh4589
In theory, no. Exclusion of online games like The Division.

g
gmh4589 28.12.20

walkris
No - in the sense of one?

s
saa0891 28.12.20

gmh4589
It will be necessary to launch two launchers, I myself bought Jedi in the epic. there was a large skid-on and another coupon in the end came out a little more.
It is added to the origin library, but at startup, the epic is first turned on and only then the game.

g
gmh4589 30.12.20

saa0891
ok, thanks a lot

g
gmh4589 25.01.22

Found a year later a way to run the EGS version, only through origin. There are two executables in the Jedi Fallen OrderSwGameBinariesWin64 folder, one for the Origin version, the other for the EGS. The file starwarsjedifallenorder.exe - runs through the EGS + Origin, the second one - runs only through Origin. Either we throw a shortcut from the second file to the desktop and launch the game from it, or delete the first one and rename the second one with the name of the first one.
The game in such images will run much faster (since only one launcher will be loaded), it will save half a gig of RAM, which is eating just hanging in the background of the EGS. Achievements in Origin continue to work. The only small problem, origin stops counting the time spent in the game.