3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
david272 24.12.20 01:28 am

Dani (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Why is Emgyr in Part 1 of The Witcher called Dani?!?!?
24 Comments
Sort by:
V
VaRRkan2258 24.12.20

Young man, have you tried reading books? They say they have a lot of interesting things. For especially lazy and kindergarten graduates, there is an audio version of the same works in a collection format mrz.

A
ArXangel_ann 24.12.20

david272
That's why Jozh is one of the nicknames

d
david272 24.12.20

VaRRkan2258
I am wildly sorry, but I did not ask to list the sources of information from where you can find out the answer to the question, I asked for a clear answer to this question without "intermediaries", if I personally wanted to find the answer to this question in books, I would turn to him without your "wise" advice

d
david272 24.12.20

ArXangel_ann
Can you tell us a little about his nicknames?

A
ArXangel_ann 24.12.20

david272 The
son of the Emperor of the Nilfgaard Empire Fergus var Emreis was bewitched by an evil uncle, turning into a hedgehog man, tk. "Emgyr" with the local dialect means "Hedgehog" (magician thought it was funny)
After the death of Emgyru father managed to escape and he began to call himself Yozh of Erlenvalda

Under the name of Danny he was hiding on the territory of the Northern Kingdom (under the same name of the requested hand Pavetty)

A in general, yes, it is better to read books, since such questions are of interest. Well, or google at least

d
david272 24.12.20

ArXangel_ann
That would be right away, thanks for the answer, I didn’t find it in Google and I don’t find time for books. and I would have read it with pleasure.

B
Bupycop 24.12.20

david272
I will add that Dani was bewitched in order to put pressure on the then father and the emperor to hand over the rule (in short, manipulation and intimidation for the purpose of a coup, through his child)

f
figura555 24.12.20

david272
It is a pity that there is no time for books! If you like the game, then for books from the series about The Witcher try to carve out, you will not regret it!

G
Geowatt 24.12.20

figura555
Not everyone likes to read fiction, that's okay. Make everyone read Sapkowski's nonsense.

f
figura555 24.12.20

Geowatt
Lol, no one is raping anyone here, God forbid! Just a subjective opinion.

V
VaRRkan2258 24.12.20

By the way, a fairly common phenomenon in our time, a modern person does not know how to plan his day at all. Simply by regulating the time for games, social networks and the Internet, you can free up a lot of time. And I'm not talking about a complete rejection of all this, but only about control over the time spent with them. In addition, I wrote above about audio books. For example, I have about 50 minutes to go to work, so I have about 1 hour and 40 minutes to LISTEN to a book. All that remains is the choice of the voice actor for the book, since it is great.

W
Wild rider 24.12.20

Hmm. I don't remember his name being Dani in Part 1.

Why minus? They would show a screen where Emhyr in 1 part of the witcher was referred to as Dani.

S
Stribogg 24.12.20

And again, for the hundredth time, on the topic of the "great READERS" of Sapik, indignant at the "mediocre", and arrogantly everywhere their teachings poking: Citizens are gamers, here is a forum on the GAMES of the Witcher universe, not on the worlds of Pan Sapik !!! Go and be proud of yourself on the book forums. well, how much can you already. (About 20 years ago I would have been wildly surprised that someone would say so proudly and arrogantly that he was just reading books)

E
Eraser101 24.12.20

Stribogg Since
this is a forum for games, don't ask questions about books ...

S
Stribogg 24.12.20

Eraser101 Nice
person, did you yourself understand the absurdity of what you said?))) By the way, I will remind you of the topic starter question:
david272 wrote: Why is Emgyr called Dani in part 1 of The Witcher?!?!?
It's about the game, the first of the trilogy.

V
VaRRkan2258 24.12.20

Stribogg
Dear, the 'Witcher' series discussed here is book-based and you can't get away from it. In terms of background and composition, without reading a series of books, about 30% of impressions are lost. Although the authors added a glossary to the game, how many of you dropped by to read each new entry? The Witcher, as a game, is interesting for the depth of immersion in the world of the game. You can, of course, run up and down and then be proud of the forum 'I passed in 20 hours, even easy'. The Witcher gives the player the opportunity to immerse himself in his world and play according to the canon (book) or according to his own vision of moral norms, but in any case, immersion in the world of the game is necessary. Ps By no means a fan of Pan Andrzej and I think his syllable is too heavy. Cook is still closer from this style.

S
Stribogg 24.12.20

VaRRkan2258
About Sapika I agree, he writes awfully, and as a person, uh. If it were not for the games about the witcher, then Sapik would never have reanimated the wretched books thrown into 90, downloading and running purely from the chronology. I also note that without reading the books, the witcher's universe, like Geralt himself, is perceived as more holistic and emotional, for this I bow to the projects, I personally do not perceive Sapkovsky as the author of this universe at all, he just came up with a trend, nothing more. There are many examples of such, both in film projects and in game projects, when talented people pull out not very successful stories from dusty shelves, and make real masterpieces on their basis. This does not mean at all that you need to climb on these dusty shelves in the same way, and even everywhere proudly show off the knowledge of these dusty archives.

V
VaRRkan2258 24.12.20

Stribogg
A matter of taste. I am quite interested in reading, plus work in view of being outside the computer zone and the excess of free time pushes me to read

J
Jc jensen 24.12.20

bukophiles ran into the poor tsu

A
Artem4eG1994 24.12.20

VaRRkan2258
ArXangel_ann
Guys, the question is not quite on the topic. You advise reading, and if it's not difficult, can you share a link to books? And then I tried several times to find an electronic version and, apart from probes for 30-60 pages, I could not find anything, and to buy each book at 1.5k while finances do not allow. If not difficult, you can use HP.