3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
UnholyChaplain 24.12.20 01:32 am

Favorite Heroes (Might and Magic: Heroes 7)

Well, it's strange that you combined the topics - either you want to hear an opinion about the game as a whole, or specifically about the mechanics and styles / methods / methods of the game,
decide
12 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xavier_29Th 24.12.20

yes, any ... if only there was gameplay and the plot of the rules ... and in general the normal continuation of Heroes 3, 4 and 5, and not these 6th and 7th shit

P
PCHalfFullHD 24.12.20

All are good, but I'm still waiting for some re-release of 4 heroes ... sunk into the soul with their music and atmosphere.

A
AlexKHAB 24.12.20

yes all parts can be played. And those who yell 3ka are the best - narrow-minded oldfags.

n
nestrbob 24.12.20

I play Heroes as they appear in nature. The first ones were more like an introduction to a new genre of strategy, but they weren't very hooked. Secondly, Heroes played for a very long time, he knew all the cards of the companies by heart, but it was still interesting to play. The release of the third was a big breakthrough in the series, but the most significant event for me was the release of Heroes 3.5 with a random map generator, and then I got hooked on the game completely. The four did not impress me, although there were a lot of innovations in it, but I was not addicted to the game. The five pleased with the new three-dimensional vision of the game, a map generator and many additional companies (played a lot of it). 6 and 7 Heroes passed several times, but somehow without burning eyes, rather for show. Most of all, the fixed development of the GG on the map, the maximum level 30 and in my opinion rather meager artifacts, pisses me off. Against the background of the total amount of trash that annually replenishes the game world, the entire series of Heroes takes its rightful place in it. I’m such a bore.

F
Freakymelon 24.12.20

nestrbob
Thank God, the 7 level limit was removed with a patch (unfortunately, this does not apply to the campaign). Now the heroes of the over-breathing-well-you-understood level are quite real and slaughtered even with one or two initiative units.

n
nestrbob 24.12.20

Freakymelon
So in companies this limit interferes most of all, you clean half of the map in vain.

N
Nighthawkreal 24.12.20

I'm for the fourth.

F
Freakymelon 24.12.20

Oldfags are certainly great. They, for the most part, remember the third part because they played it in childhood. Even if someone was in his twenties, one should remember the 90-00 years passed without such a variety of games.
My favorite part is the second. Found it in a miraculously preserved stall with games (basements, etc. - now you won't find them anymore). I bought the anthology, went through all the parts. He himself was a fan of the third part, until he played the second. There is something that is not in any game of the series (hints and outlines were in the seventh part, but there they did not particularly affect the whole plot of Ivan (only if you do not go through some kind of campaign - after them the opportunity to create the Sword of Truth opens up - not so hot what a reference to Goodkind)) - Choice. Yes, a banal side choice. The plot is in short - GG of the first part died, he has two sons - Roland and Archibald. The first - the light side - was kicked out by the dark second. YOU chose the side, played - different missions - different factions - received a letter from the second brother on the third campaign. I decided - to go over to his side or not (went over - three more factions). Then - bam - in the penultimate mission again got a choice - it's fashionable to return, you can stay. Again - you can play all missions for one brother. Roland's canonical victory, there the next part of Might and Magic is based on it (the game is not a strategy !!!). There is also an addition with similar choices. Not all units can be upgraded, there are fewer places available in the army than there is a total unit. Then the necromancers appeared - an obvious imbalance, because their legendary bone dragons were the cheapest and did not require a resource to hire. More than one legendary creatures were hired (I did not understand when how many). I only saw something like this in the seventh - the orcs have a special totem - it doubled the number of available units for a week twice (only one unit). Again - you can play all missions for one brother. Roland's canonical victory, there the next part of Might and Magic is based on it (the game is not a strategy !!!). There is also an addition with similar choices. Not all units can be upgraded, there are fewer places available in the army than there is a total unit. Then the necromancers appeared - an obvious imbalance, because their legendary bone dragons were the cheapest and did not require a resource to hire. More than one legendary creatures were hired (I did not understand when how many). I only saw something like this in the seventh - the orcs have a special totem - it doubled the number of available units for a week twice (only one unit). Again - you can play all missions for one brother. Roland's canonical victory, there the next part of Might and Magic is based on it (the game is not a strategy !!!). There is also an addition with similar choices. Not all units can be upgraded, there are fewer places available in the army than there is a total unit. Then the necromancers appeared - an obvious imbalance, because their legendary bone dragons were the cheapest and did not require a resource to hire. More than one legendary creatures were hired (I did not understand when how many). I only saw something like this in the seventh - the orcs have a special totem - it doubled the number of available units for a week twice (only one unit). there are fewer places available in the army than there is a total unit. Then the necromancers appeared - an obvious imbalance, because their legendary bone dragons were the cheapest and did not require a resource to hire. More than one legendary creatures were hired (I did not understand when how many). I only saw something like this in the seventh - the orcs have a special totem - it doubled the number of available units for a week twice (only one unit). there are fewer places available in the army than there is a total unit. Then the necromancers appeared - an obvious imbalance, because their legendary bone dragons were the cheapest and did not require a resource to hire. More than one legendary creatures were hired (I did not understand when how many). I only saw something like this in the seventh - the orcs have a special totem - it doubled the number of available units for a week twice (only one unit).
The imbalance in the second part is a funny thing. When playing online (now few people play with friends in the second part), you should quickly crush the sorcerers - the sickly faction until it gets to the dragons. Nekra - a lot and cheap, even before dragons are hard to fight.
The fourth part is not to everyone's liking, but it is the most special. Living heroes are not for you "do not let the death of hero X", where you have to defeat the enemy at any cost. Anyone can kill your hero, archers in the beginning are highly dangerous against melee heroes. The "moving guards" checkbox was quite insidious. So - the beginning of the campaign, you have few units. And then - bam! - when waiting for a new move, neighboring cyclops come to you themselves. Well, defeat, too. Also, the units could do it themselves! - move around the map. You create your Neutral army - that is, an army WITHOUT a hero - and send it to the attack.
The fifth part took from the fourth only that the heroes had their time to move.
The second DLC - Lords of the Horde - provided a controversial third improvement opportunity. As a result, this destroyed the whole balance - the inept little guy, I improved all the units to the third level, playing alone for the demons, thereby depriving myself of the succubus_arrow and a bunch of useful splashes. But it was then that the beginning of what is called "the cover of Malassa" was given. The Assassin Shooter became the Hunter. He could not shoot, but he became invisible. The Furies became invisible. ALL became invisible for a while. Imbalance? Partly because, again, the arrows disappeared. There were witches, but they turned out to be some kind of margarine - unnecessary and harmful.
The Veil of Malassa in Part 6 turned playing the Dark Elves in multiplayer into a fun ride. Eternal invisibility? Almost, and only among the Assassins. It can be applied to the rest. When playing with three players, all opponents united against you, because you are a strong and dangerous woman. Dripping of the Edge of Darkness was quite difficult even on medium difficulty - the dumb farm was told "no!" and already you had to think about battles and tasks again.
I said about the seventh part in the second. If it was immediately given a good loading time, it would be great. And while the game was loading, I managed to wash the floors. And the same amount had to wait when loading the game. Brrr!
Many littered the seven due to the lack of videos. In general, the innovation was cool, we got drunk. Now we have the movement of the heroes (honestly - the gaping darkness in Ivan's mouth was somewhat frightening). The campaign ... is ambiguous. The first mission of the Academy discouraged interest in the entire plot of the Mages with cloying, but in vain - it was much more interesting further. For me, the Wood Elves were much more interesting. And necromancers - tough farmers - were fun. It was great with Ivan (especially where it was necessary to choose a wife. I chose the one that he loves - and at the beginning of the next mission she had a kuuuch of ACADEMY warriors - well, nafig, I'll choose the second one - at least she is from the Alliance).
He didn't say anything about the third part - well, everything was said before me. I'll add that pirates were added in the unofficial Horn of the Abyss expansion. They played great, there were third improvements (not everywhere, but I remember the pirate Sea Wolves). "For the glory of the Gods" - so it seems like 3.5 is called - I did not play, tk. something is not flooded. Saw the deleted Forge faction in the original. The faction is cool, but did not fit the concept of the World of Magic, although it could be entered into the canon. Let me remind you: In the canon, there were not only Heroes, but also Might and Magic itself, an RPG that few people remembered until the tenth part.
End of analysis)

F
Freakymelon 24.12.20

nestrbob
Well, it’s in vain - rees are never superfluous, and artifacts will come in handy. You can even make out them from magicians. On the other hand, this is to prevent the creation of a killing machine in order to make the game interesting. True, in the campaign of the magicians, I made a portable toilet from Fahada - I completely pumped the magic of water and opened the Tsunami spell. Mmmm

S
Sergey Bochkov28052002 24.12.20

Freakymelon Confused
about the totem, he was in 6-ke. WOG did not go to me either, there are many functions that are not described anywhere, look for current in the internet.

F
Freakymelon 24.12.20

Sergei Bochkov28052002 I
haven't played the sixth part for a long time - I could even forget. In the seventh part, it was also: when replaying the campaign for Vislot, I, having captured an orc player, doubled the growth of Cyclops every week. For some reason, it did not always work, which is good - it did not double the growth, but the available creatures, i.e. instead of 2 cyclops - 4, instead of 3 - 6, etc. up to 7 creatures

R
Roograx 24.12.20

For me, the best parts will always be 3 and 5, with additions for them. And the analogue of the heroes of Disciples 2, the same gorgeous game. And everything that comes after them is a fierce trash, in which even half an hour to sit torment.