3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vanipatich 24.12.20 01:32 am

Weird limb bug (Fallout 3)

Recently I noticed that the limbs of the NPC stopped opening. In the place where the arm or leg should come off, red textures are formed as on the severed limbs, but at the same time they remain on the corpse (oddly enough, everything is ok with the NPC's head). armor from a corpse, the limbs will simply disappear. I have never seen such a bug. Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

13 Comments
Sort by:
d
dude666 24.12.20

Maybe because of the body replayers (if you installed them)

M
Marty52 24.12.20

vanipatich
If you remove the armor from a corpse, then the limbs will simply disappear
. What then is the question? As far as I can remember, the Talon hires wear combat armor. The screenshots clearly show that on the corpse it is not she, but some other armor. So there is a mod for replacing combat armor or a mod for replacing armor from the hiring of the Talon company. When a problem occurs, the installed mods are checked first.

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

The only mod that I have installed that can change armor is FWE (if I remember correctly), but everything worked fine before, I did not install other mods. Hiring in standard armor has all the rules (you can see on the screen). This bug also happens the soldiers of the brotherhood have steel armor t51b (I haven't noticed it yet). And can textures for armor, such as bornagain combat armor, be the cause of this bug? I checked the installed mods a thousand times, everything works correctly, without conflicts.

V
Vladimir Platonov 24.12.20

Are you taking pictures on your phone again?
Or do you have 40Hz Monica?

M
Marty52 24.12.20

vanipatich
I checked the installed mods a thousand times, everything works correctly, without conflicts.
I will repeat it again, but it seems that it is useless: this armor (as in the first photos) is not standard in the game. So she's out of fashion. Because of this, most likely (I would even say, for sure) the bug occurs. As you yourself showed in the third screenshot, the bug with the NPC in vanilla armor did not occur. Conclusions? But since you are such an expert and have already checked everything "a thousand times", then hold the flag in your hands and a drum around your neck. There is no such bug in the standard game, and since you exclude the interference of mods, then the point is in your karma. Good luck.

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

I'm not saying that I'm an expert in installing mods, but please explain to me (maybe I'm not catching up with something) why until recently everything was fine, but after the next download of the save, this kind of bullshit appeared? something or not, but still the bug did not disappear. That is, at one time the mods can coexist normally, and then suddenly bam and such bugs occur. I have been playing the game for a month and see this for the first time.

M
Marty52 24.12.20

vanipatich
How did you remove mods? If you removed the mod, then the NPC will simply not have that armor, and with the standard such a bug does not happen.

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

Yes, this armor got, therefore, a bug with IT too. But I also talked about the armor of the t 51b brotherhood of steel (read above), after all, there was a bug with it, and this is already vanilla armor. Mods I deleted manually: all the files that were in the archive with the mod, I deleted it from the date. I can't understand one thing why after a month of normal operation of the game with mods after the next download, such a bug suddenly occurs; normal collaboration of mods is temporary chtol?

M
Marty52 24.12.20

vanipatich
List of mods in the studio, please. Preferably under the spoiler.

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

I now do not have the opportunity to provide a complete list, unfortunately. I'm not at the computer right now. ((As soon as I have the opportunity I will definitely post it. Approximately the numbers 15-20. Sorry. Here is what is exactly established:
1) FWE
2) Apocalypce armory
3 ) EVE
4) RH_ironsights
5) Arsenal rc 6
6) Reanimated
7) MMM
8) RWD
And of course, compatibility patches and merged patch

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

And if, for example, I installed a retexture for some armor? Can this lead to such a bug?

M
Marty52 24.12.20

vanipatich
No, there shouldn't be such problems from retexture. Here the problem is in some meshes (models), or in the skeleton of the characters. The "Reanimated" mod may also be a suspect. In particular, the problem may lie in the incompatibility of some mods. I would say that it is worth reinstalling the game, and installing all the mods over a new one (each is clearly according to the instructions), because something may be missing from the required components. It's a delicate matter. Without a complete list, it’s still impossible to say for sure what conflicts with what.

v
vanipatich 24.12.20

Okay, thanks) By the way, there were some minor problems with the Reanimated mod, so maybe the bug is happening because of it. I will try to remove the mod completely and report the results when I come out with the full list of mods.