3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
insel260 25.12.20 08:21 am

The PC started to die. The RAM slot fell off (one of four)

Hello everyone. The problem is this: after working remotely, I turned off the virtual machine and turned off the computer. After 20 minutes, I turned on the computer again and that's it ... The monitors are black (Monica is working, checked by running the xbox), the keyboard and mouse do not light up. The computer turns on by itself.
The video card glows and buzzes with coolers.
When errors are turned on, there is no signal, a standard single squeak of the BIOS startup.
I fluently read the problem on the internet, most blame the RAM. I took out a die (4 pieces of 4 GB), it all worked.
I move this "damaged" plate to another slot - it works. It doesn't matter which die you get. The multichannel mode does not work on the mother, it sees any 3 slots, instead of 4x.

What should I do to make multi-channel mode work again? Will resetting the BIOS help and how is it better to do it on a relatively modern PC (mother of asus prime b350 MA) - by replacing the battery or looking for cmos (is it there at all on this mother?). Or is it time to change your mother?

Share your advice. I can't do without a workhorse. Yes, and I want to play online games in the evening, so I can't be left without a faithful old friend.

hardware input R5 1600x
Asus prime b350 ma
GTX 970 G1 gaming
SSD M2 (System), HDD Sata III
16 GB (already 12) DDR4
Win 10x64 PRO
Cooling standard (3 coolers for the hood, 4 coolers for the intake, tower on the prod)
Power supply Cheftek. Bronze, modular 750 W.
Iron without overclocking!

There is not much dust in the PC. Light dust deposits in the HDD cage. The airflow is large, dust does not accumulate much. Once a year I disassemble the tower and vidyuhu for dust blowing.
14 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.20

insel260
fiddled with this or similar nonsense for a long time on the motherboard for amd fx. sinned on a double bios. until one of the slots stopped being reanimated, everything remained working but with 1 memory module and maxims with 2. I replaced the mat board while it is working. considered such an option that the memory controller in the processor may not work properly (but this is unlikely).
if after removing the battery and inexpensive time without power before resetting the bios, the non-working slot does not come to life with the 1st memory installed in it, I assume repair, replacement.

S
Sanchez ramirez 25.12.20

First you need to examine the suspect slot, I think. It is not clear only why such tricks. In theory, then the computer would hang or crash, but here, it seems, worked fine and even turned off.

i
insel260 25.12.20

MunchkiN 616
Unfortunately, this option was considered. Tomorrow I'll buy a battery, reset the BIOS and everything will be decided there.
For the first time my mother is out of order, before all the vidyuhi burned T_T

i
insel260 25.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Hah, if only it was in a certain slot. Complete failure of RAM when all 4 strips are installed, while there is no RAM error signal when loading BIOS. When installing 3x in different slots, everything works. At the same time, even the same die that was first pulled out and when installed with 2 other dies - the computer works without problems. It seems to me that the matter is in the bios.
MunchkiN 616
By the way, do you think you can change the firmware on the BIOS? What if it helps or a waste of time? By the way, the question is, when resetting / flashing the BIOS, will the Windows crash?

PS I dumped the BIOS back in the days of Khryushka, already from the memory of infa left. And I know about the BIOS firmware only from the comments on the forums, so I ask this question about the crash of Windows. If anything, forgive my stupidity in technology. It's just that I have a lot of software tied to this particular Windows and the hardware code (crypto protection is different, for remote control in the public service), such a haemorrhage is to put it all over again. That's why I don't want to change my mother.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.20

insel260
why do you need a battery? usually the pitch will start and without a battery it will simply always roll down when the current supply to the default BIOS is cut off with the clock reset, i.e. will return in 2015 or something like that, depending on the motherboard.
Change the firmware on the BIOS? What if it helps or a waste of time?
at least it didn't help me. I have been warming up periodically falling off memory since 14 years old (true with a normal pitch start). and perhaps the firmware fixed the situation because with 8-12 gigabytes of 16 pitches he could still start without channel 2. Prada after turning off on the block or with a button, it turned into a brick until the BIOS was reset after a bunch of manipulations. after only 4 GB is possible. then I just got bombed.

i
insel260 25.12.20

MunchkiN 616
Yes ... The worst thing about this "carousel" is that slots will gradually fall off. Of course, for the sake of interest, I will try to flash the BIOS with the replacement of the battery, but I'm afraid that I need to take out the card and run after the new mother ... Thanks for the help, at least now I know where everything is going and what to do with it in the end.

i
insel260 25.12.20

MunchkiN 616
I see you are good at the topic. Can you please tell me, is this mother normal in operation?

GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X
https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/48503bb1866d3332/materinskaa-plata-gigabyte-b450-gaming-x/

O_o but I suddenly got a thought. I have a RAM from different manufacturers (2x Kingston, 2x Apeiser), but the frequencies are reset to default 2133 (I don't need it anymore), could it be that they have different timings and that killed the mother? Although, this is how the computer has been working since 2019.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.20

insel260
I don't know if the GIGABYTE B450 Gaming X is good in use.
Most likely, the timings have nothing to do with it, as well as the different voltage on the RAM.

H
Hellhound_Anger 25.12.20

insel260
heh heh, do not take the gnibolights (they often carry under warranty, the samovar is hot with a double bios, in which the standard leg itself will break). take msi tomahawk (even though there is any nice budget!), al asus streaks. everything else for the lower caste of offices and lovers of rubbish, samovars and warranty departments, and the worst results of overclocking and work. this rot, not a single self-respecting chelik takes. msi or asus, truncated, nothing else! EVGA does not make boards for office workers, the same rules. bro took Z490 on his monster!
there is a toko two-channel, it should even be with 3 dies. and finally, throw away this whole work office, take 10400F, for online the best one, and profitable sets in dns.
insel260 wrote:
I have RAM from different manufacturers
bad, autumn autumn bad! but does not affect the measure. You need to drain these 4 x 4, the higher forces are on your side, the motherboard is on guarantees and the money is taken away, 1600 rubber for 55 bucks to drive.

i
insel260 25.12.20

Hellhound_Anger
I see no reason to do a full upgrade. I have an xbox SX for modern toys. And from the online games War Sander, Star Conflict and TESO. This piece of iron is enough.
The mother is not guaranteed, she was bought together with the fermented baked milk in 17.

i
insel260 25.12.20

Hellhound_Anger
Again, I have only 3 MMO games. Star conflict, War Thunder, The elder scrolls online. All these games with 12 GB of RAM are doing great, the first 2 are at 144 fps, TECO (at medium settings) gives at least 60. And that's all at 2k resolution. So I don't need an upgrade. But the motherboard will have to be changed to an analogue.

PS for online games, straight arms are important. You can bend down on medium settings.

H
Hellhound_Anger 25.12.20

insel260 khe khe
, for online games frame time, smoothness and delays are also important, because this is the key to victory. Frametime - frame change time. all cybersprostmen on intel, overclocked in a dupe, with high-frequency RAM and clamped timings, and the settings and resolution are reduced so that the maximum FPS is! And, I'm afraid to disappoint you, but amuda is not something that it cannot in 144, it merges because of its architecture of a separate chiplet, memory binding, Nizhenskiy CP, namely what - they merge wildly for rare indicators. Examples of those:
Spoiler

All online amateurs play on intel, because they want to win. And this is not an upgrade, but a replacement of a workhorse with a playful horse! And thee also ram at a frequency of 2133! On vidos they are always pumped. I can imagine how people like me, the kings of online with pumped pitch, are tearing you there. How do you like!
STE I have not spoken to you for an optimon under Intel! You can't even imagine how one kernel tears rubber corn. And as far as I understand, you don’t mean anything at all. I can imagine if you sit down at the Intel and be surprised, what is called "loading" for Amud, Intel does not have this. You STE, before bragging, show all these numbers, huh? And you don't need to take them from the ceiling, ooh? Do you understand? Well, good. WELL! Happen!
insel260 wrote:
switch to powerful and expensive hardware,
Um, what? Expensive? Where? 10400F pathetic 150 bucks! budget. And what is there to laugh about? Everything is on the case, and as it should. You just did not see the percentage in work.
insel260 wrote:
but there are no FPS drawdowns there
There are no proofs. You didn't know about 01 and 1, you didn't know about the minimum. Above screenshots, and it merges. Especially since 2133. You're just used to the worst and spinning around. Well I speak as you like! It’s my job to offer the best when the opportunity arises, to take the best.

i
insel260 25.12.20

Hellhound_Anger
I can imagine how people like me, the kings of online with pumped Ahah pitch, are
tearing you there. Laughed laughed.
Again. There is enough hardware for the games I PLAY! I rarely play War Sander, but there are no drawdowns in FPS and there is a skating rink in which 5-10 frags are on my account, I think this is normal. But Star Conflict - I take 38th position in the pvp ranking in Europe (38th out of 1 million players). Considering that I have only 6k pvp battles, I think this is an excellent result. You can continue to boast over powerful intellect and advise you to switch to powerful and expensive hardware, but this will not change the fact that if the skill does not develop, then no hardware will help here.

i
insel260 27.12.20

Hellhound_Anger
You STE, before bragging, show all these numbers, huh?
Wait wait, it took you somewhere. Bragging here ONLY you. ONLY YOU!!! I didn't even write a word about comparing AMD and Intel. NOT A WORD! I like AMD because it is cheap in price and convenient in terms of power for its price. For powerful games, I have an Xbox Series X, by the way, also on the amd ^ _ ^ architecture, which pulls all modern games to 60 fps, even with this unnecessary tracing.
I need a personal computer first of all for WORK at a remote location, and only then for old toys for the evening.

So, let’s calm down your ambition, stop your fantasy and calm down. No one encroaches on your GREATNESS in the online architecture games intel. To be honest, I don't really care about intel.

PS
I am not interested in esports. I play for my own pleasure. And I won't be able to do e-sports, no matter how I would like it - civil service, age 30. Who will let me go there?)) And it’s not interesting, it’s 5 years with shkolota to press the buttons, so that then for 40 years to ask for alms from churches. I'd rather continue to work in my field. But you dare, bend over, pour money into virtual reality. You will not live to see retirement, there will be no problems with earning money in old age. So come on, Your Majesty, bend the shkolota in games! An excellent life path!