3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
OzzyKlounov 25.12.20 08:21 am

lags battlefield 1 (Battlefield 1)

My pc is a gtx 1060 6gb, i5-7400m 16 ram ddr 4. The processor works at 100%, but the video card uses up to 75%. My friend has i5-4400, gtx 980, and does not lag. The drivers are fresh, even reinstalled via ddu.
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 25.12.20

OzzyKlounov wrote:
My pc ... i5-7400m ...
Is this a laptop, or a mistake in the model name? - if a laptop, so it should be written. Mobile processors are weaker than desktop versions, but then vidyuha must be mobile - also weaker than usual.
... The processor works at 100%, but the video card uses up to 75% ...
That is why it lags that the processor is loaded to the maximum - this also causes the video card to underload.
... My friend has i5-4400, gtx 980, and does not lag ... It depends on
how his CPU / GPU are loaded. If the vidyuha is up to 100%, and the CPU is not completely, it should not lag, but the frame rate will rest on the performance of the video card.

I
InboxM 25.12.20

OzzyKlounov
Exactly the same hardware. At one time, nothing lagged, even with 100% CPU utilization. At the same time, video was 100%,. And it's not really clear where the lags are, in single or multiplayer?
Reinstalled firewood alone is not enough. The crutch can be both in the settings of the drivers themselves, power modes, and in Windows contamination. But ... If the CPU is 100%, video is 75%, then SonyK_2, wrote everything right.
I advise you to lower the graphics settings for now. And see the task manager, it is possible that something is actively using the processor. Here's a test, look at your hardware

S
SonyK_2 27.12.20

InboxM wrote:
Exactly the same hardware ...
Maybe a similar hardware? - it has the letter M (mobile?) in the name of the processor, the resolution and hertz of the screen on which this happens are not written. OS, RAM frequency, driver versions, etc. are not specified.
... lower the graphics settings for now ...
With the frame rate limitation. If the number of frames is not limited, lowering the settings will increase the load on the CPU due to the larger amount of data that the processor needs to prepare for rendering by the video card.

I
InboxM 28.12.20

SonyK_2 I
agree about RAM. The processor is most likely not mobile, 7400 mobile does not exist, check the list of processors on CabyLake. Typo.
You have already suggested the problem to him, the percentage rested on the ceiling. Just wondering what exactly is the matter. There are crutches with unloading the processor, like disabling HPET, and registry tweaks with a time broker, this will prevent the CPU from hitting the ceiling. But this is also something like that.
The author of the topic is still sleeping.
P. S I remember exactly that there were no such problems, I drove the single to ultra-high, CPU 100% in hard scenes, lock fps at 60.

S
SonyK_2 28.12.20

InboxM wrote:
... Prots most likely not mobile, 7400 mobile does not exist, check the list of processors ...
The fact of the matter is that I immediately "checked" and didn't understand ...
SonyK_2 wrote:
... a laptop, or is there a mistake in the model name? ...
..., there is no mobile version (7000th) at all, or their models are called somehow differently? On the Intel website, I found only 7400T with lower frequencies and TDP, can we talk about it?
Spoiler
... The author of the topic is still asleep ...
I call these "questionnaires" - they registered, asked and disappeared, as if not for them, but we need it ...;)
Spoiler

I
InboxM 28.12.20

SonyK_2
Since the processors .... maybe about him.
CPUs with T index desktop, mobile CPUs with HQ index, check again. Information from the same Intel. Yes, most likely he was mistaken in the name of the model, but the point is what ....
There are hundreds of such questionnaires. You know, there are crutches in performance, there are both on the top models and on the low segment.
All the same, the right decision would be to unscrew everything to max and off. Vsync to give the video card a shit.

S
SonyK_2 30.12.20

InboxM wrote:
... with T index desktop, mobile with HQ index ...
You're right about HQ, but why should we guess? - he needs to, let him write the details.
... the right solution would be to crank everything up to the max ...
Except when some graphic settings further increase the load on the processor.
... off Vsync ...
If it has a CPU under 100, disabling the vertical will only increase the load - more frames, higher processor load. If he more often rested on vidyuhu, as on my bucket because of the weaker GPU, there would be no problems.

I
InboxM 30.12.20

SonyK_2
No, from the word at all. Disabling Vsync will just load the video card.

S
SonyK_2 30.12.20

InboxM wrote:
... Disabling Vsync will just load the video card.
And the processor, if the number of frames increases significantly. If the performance does not rest against vidyuhu, it will "hammer" in percent (like a TS) - load to the maximum, or some of the cores (if the game is poorly optimized for multithreading). To draw frames, the video card needs to take data somewhere - the processor is used to prepare them. The technology of direct video card access to the disk (high-speed SSD) has recently appeared and will be used on NVMe, but for now, in most games, data is loaded from the disk into RAM and video memory using a processor.

Try to enable some game with disabled frame limiting at maximum and minimum speeds with mandatory monitoring on the screen of the total CPU load and all cores / threads separately (MSI Afterburner, etc.). When is the CPU load higher?

I
InboxM 30.12.20

SonyK_2
The CPU load is higher, in the case of minimum speed , at maximum speed the emphasis is in the GPU. So yes, it depends on the games. But as a rule, the CPU hits the ceiling if it cannot render the required number of frames. If the same office i5 paired with some kind of RTX 2080/3070, of course, the percentages will drown in this case, hence the famous phrase "percent does not drag vidyuhu" I am not an expert in this profile, but I will repeat again that in the case of this Battle, it is better give a good load to the GPU. And on this topic in general, you can endlessly)).

S
SonyK_2 30.12.20

InboxM wrote:
... on this topic in general, you can endlessly ...
If about all games - yes, if specifically about this - there is no special sense. In the video above, the vidyuhi is underloaded due to the included vertical. I played (in a single) with disabled, because of this, the ratio is stronger than the percentage + weaker than the vidyuha, there is no underload of the GPU - almost always 99%. It's a pity that the total load of the processor is not visible there, only by cores / threads + clock frequency.
Spoiler

I
InboxM 30.12.20

SonyK_2
Yes gag with her. Let the questionnaire fiddle around.