3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
monch-Iceman 25.12.20 08:24 am

Full screen artifacts (Fallout 4)

Hello forum users.
I'm not sure if I correctly titled the topic, but the essence remains the same.
Weak laptop, but the first versions of the game went without glitches, albeit with a low FPS. and now it has been updated to 1.4.132 - and now you see the result on the screenshots. dancing with ini does not help.

24 Comments
Sort by:
v
vigo24 25.12.20

try to play with firewood, so my vidyuha did not artefach only with the firewood that was included

R
Roman Veselukha 25.12.20

What dances you danced with a tambourine? Well, did you use the patch or put the game again?

L
LexXx_M5 25.12.20

monch-Iceman
Several reasons for artifacts
1. overheating of the video card
2. crooked firewood (perhaps it is worth auto-update to the beta version with all the consequences)
3. errors in the RAM of the video card
4. the video card itself is coming to an end
5. poor optimization of the game (in rare cases)

One has to look at the GPU temperature during these artifacts.
And it would be nice to see the very configuration of the laptop. Because the diagnosis of the machine is impossible without the machine itself.

m
monch-Iceman 25.12.20

Roman Veselukha
clean installation. even cleaned out AppData and My Games. only left the saves. dancing - in the sense of Fallout4Prefs distorted in every possible way)

m
monch-Iceman 25.12.20

LexXx_M5
1. no. starts immediately after starting the game, and not after a while. and with my palms I feel that there is no heating.
2. fresh firewood from off.site, but not beta.
3.4 - no, because everything else works, incl. WOWS on high settings.
5 - how to identify and optimize it?

Core i3-4030U 1.9Ghz, 8gb ram, video embedded Intel 512mb.

just in case, I repeat - version 1.1 went without problems (except that the fps was around 15-18). so it has something to do with the changes in the new patch.

Y
Youty6bl4 25.12.20

2 GHz, intel 512mb, this is clearly not enough for the game. Upgrade your hardware. For the game, at least 1 GB of video and 3.0 GHz, 8 GB, and even then with 1 GB of video will be jammed.

m
monch-Iceman 25.12.20

YouTy6bl4
you selectively read the text?

m
monch-Iceman 25.12.20

For the sake of the test, I rolled back to the previous version of firewood - the result is the same.

R
RedSoldiers 25.12.20

I had exactly the same, but the artifacts were red in full screen. It was solved by updating the video card drivers.
I would venture to suggest that you have a possible reason - an embedded video.

b
beggimot 25.12.20

monch-Iceman
was about the same, try to load the save before the start of all this mess or start a new game. helped me.

b
beggimot 25.12.20

load the save before the start of all this mess, or start a new game, it helped me.

44lok 25.12.20

monch-Iceman
Weak iron, as written above.
But do not think that with a more powerful one - everything will be "tip-top"
(in my case i7-4790K + R9 280X + 24 RAM),
the game is full of artifacts and bugs ...

Spoiler

That's just not much survived.

nestrbob
ps Their (bugs) can be ignored ...
Fundamentally not to see them is to lie to yourself and others.

n
nestrbob 25.12.20

44lok
Having artifacts with normal hardware is just a shame and speaks only of crooked hands that set up the OS and software. Congratulations!!!

44lok 25.12.20

nestrbob
Making and selling "crooked games" is a shame.
Admiring this is normal for degenerates :)

R
Reddington1371 25.12.20

44lock
I also have everything .. The difference is One gig video. Played fine. Then hop and that's it. After the update, the game became. Before that, it was not.
nestrbob
Maybe the game itself is like that.

n
nestrbob 25.12.20

Reddington1371
Recent updates have broken the graphics, but this does not mean that everything should be left that way. I conjured with different versions and got 1.4.125.0 + Automatron without a single bug. I can post a screen of any point in the game.

B
BlackTigerTK 25.12.20

nestrbob
I have version 1.4.132.0 + Automatron. For some reason, the graphics are not broken. Maybe I'm doing wrong? In general, the game has very large textures. Up to 4K. Perhaps, in the last patch, something was changed in the algorithm for working with textures. And 512K memory became corny to be lacking. Hence the artifacts. Try to reduce the size of the textures, put a mod, for example the Texture Optimization Project.

n
nestrbob 25.12.20

BlackTigerTK
If there is not enough memory, gaps or blurring in textures may appear and, as a result, long loading of locations and freezes in the game. I met a mod on the site somewhere that did not change textures, but removed small textures from the game altogether (pebbles in the sand, drawing small cracks, etc.) in the game they are practically invisible, but they eat up decent memory resources - for the weak machines where every byte counts will do just fine.

B
BlackTigerTK 25.12.20

nestrbob
Seen in the Tyrannicon mod review about this mod.

n
nestrbob 25.12.20

BlackTigerTK
I saw in the news, already posted on the site. I don’t remember the name.