3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dаrth_Vader 25.12.20 08:24 am

Holy Roman Empire (Medieval 2: Total War)

Well, here everyone writes about different countries, here, as it is not difficult to guess, we will talk about the Holy Roman Empire.
First, about the starting position. This is not England, a larger territory, but not France, a rather disadvantageous geographical position, there is only one seaside city, around unfriendly countries, be it Denmark or Venice, or even worse, the Papal States, because they want to excommunicate from the church. In reality, it was the opposite!
A huge amount of historical inaccuracies. Formed by Charlemagne several centuries after the fall of Rome, it was originally called the New Western Roman Empire, which expressed the people's desire to return the old days. But soon after its creation, the Franks, Anglo-Saxons and other small kingdoms left it, as the monarchs were afraid of losing their power in the event of the restoration of the "one and indivisible" Roman Empire.
From history, the Holy Roman Empire was the leading state in Europe from the 8th to the 14th century. Only after the discovery of America did it begin to lose ground. And in the game she is surrounded by many rebel cities that historically belonged to her, not to mention the real military power of the country. Although the cities really should not be very large and developed, because before that these lands belonged to barbarians.
My assessments for the German units:
Cavalry 3 is a fairly wide selection of cavalry, but in this regard it cannot be compared with France.
Infantry 4 is a good set of inexpensive foot troops.
archers 4 - also good, but far from ideal.
Fleet 2 is the standard fleet set available to all nations.

26 Comments
Sort by:
F
FreddieMjj 25.12.20

For Germany on hard:
quickly grabbed the neighboring provinces, left a couple of castles (the rest of the cities)
and, as a result, 10,000 bucks every turn, I buy healthy armies, and the computer plays stupidly. In general, it's pretty simple for Germany on hard.

d
dead pinguin 25.12.20

The fact that the HRE was the leading state can be argued, because it began to give up positions much earlier than the opening of the New World - after Charles IV, the empire actually collapsed into independent principalities, and about excommunication, everything is also true: the German emperors were excommunicated more than once. Constant squabbles between the princes greatly weakened the "empire", even the emperor was called the first of equals, so talking "about the real military power of the country" is ridiculous to say the least ...

D
Dаrth_Vader 25.12.20

Well, all the same, HRE was not the last place. Of course, I do not dispute that there were civil strife. But in the game more than half of its real possessions are rebellious. This is straightforward, some kind of revolution. And about excommunication - that was more in later periods. Many German emperors were considered the real rulers of Rome, and the popes were their faithful helpers.

d
dead pinguin 25.12.20

The rebellious cities are provided in order not to immediately come into conflict with any country, a kind of demilitarized zone. Well, about the emperors and their loyal assistants, it is worth remembering the conflict between Charles V of Habsgurg and the Pope (I don't remember how he was there): the Pope supported Francis I, and Karl stormed the eternal city.
Of course, I don’t argue that everything happened: both good and not so good, but if we compare it with other countries, the HRE had much more opposition to the papacy.

P
Pirate_89 25.12.20

Similarly, maybe they have arteleria and hurt yourself, but military affairs in Europe belong to England and France,
only playing for them on hard can you keep the Holy Land from the Mongols

D
Dаrth_Vader 25.12.20

To confront the Mongols, an ally country is needed. You can't last long alone. You need at least three full armies ... And for what? You can just wait for the Mongol generals to disperse at least a little over the map and then strike on all fronts!
TO dead pinguin As far as the eternal city is concerned, you correctly noted :) As I understand it, only HRE has a goal to take Rome as a condition for victory. And the contradictions were undoubtedly. After all, all the emperors, beginning, probably, with Otto I, claimed the throne of the supreme ruler of Rome.

E
EMO | Sky 25.12.20

To resist the Mongols you need brains :) I, for example, played on hard .. realizing that fighting in the open is meaningless. And he began to hold strategic points - river crossings. Keeping a bunch of armies in all the bridges is expensive .. very expensive ... so I went for the trick and began to recruit a bunch of peasant archers under the press, collected 18 detachments of 2 generals and to the front .. and held the rivers when the Mongols shoot with trebuchets, they will kill me 20 percent of the bows and then the cane is stormed, at this moment you hold them by 2 generals on the bridge and everyone dies with a shower of arrows ... then a little luck is needed so that your general is not lost ... in the end I have 3 armies of 14-18 bows and 5 generals who they held back the Ormada ... I gave away only, Bulgarian, the narrow-eyed did not go further ... they did not cross the damn river ...

E
ERHater 25.12.20

I haven’t played for the Germans yet, but for some reason in all the campaigns I saw a strange picture - Germany is in all cases divided among themselves by Denmark, France and Poland. In the first Media, she was more powerful.

D
Dаrth_Vader 25.12.20

Strange ... Personally, my picture is completely different: HRE knocks down Milan in the first thirty moves, periodically becomes excommunicated, and also wages continuous wars with Denmark, France, Poland and Venice. As for the power, I do not agree, it is not weaker at all than in the previous Medieval.

U
UnclDeaD 25.12.20

Hah for HRE to be able to play nada ... quickly seize neutral cities, we FARE the army to the point of madness (for] [on income), then a script war with Venice, Milan, Denmark, France, everything in order. do not be afraid of excommunication - just take the generals away from the inquisitor uncles on time. There was a funny moment - the inquisitor tried to burn my CARDINAL ... but oh * uel ... the cardinal really survived, heh, with an almost complete line of holiness ...

K
Keykoku 25.12.20

This is a cool country. I passed for it the first time. He fought along the entire front with everyone around, it was hard, of course, but he broke through, and he completely destroyed the Mongols with the help of assassins - he made them rebels. Teutons - POWER!

R
Reaper 25.12.20

HRE will ask everyone! A very cool empire! Unfortified Gotha Knights and Gotha Knights shred all 1-3 guns for the siege and the castle already belongs to HRE!

G
GrimKeeper 25.12.20

I agree .. I play for them right now. It's a pity to finish the game until 1945, otherwise I know whatever country I go to :)
As well as the Roman Empire, I burn all new cities or loot them, because the main thing in our business is the nation! The nation breeds only in German cities ...

S
Smoki_mo 25.12.20

Damn, skoka played in RTV, such a cruel game has never happened. I took this faction, just because there are aggressors everywhere, I hurried! At max difficulty, I started conquering, I still don't know the map, I stretched the empire, so I paid. Withstood about 20 sieges of Venice, the Venetians, everyone will not calm down, made an alliance with all my enemies, and with 2 cities, they attack Venice and Vienna, although I repulse all their attacks. I thought I would capture two castles near my borders, so while I was besieging, I lost part of the army, and there was also my lower castle, the rebels took it. Then came the Milanese, the bastards, defeated their army of 100-200 people, the aggressors, there was a thousandth armada behind them in the day of the journey, and they asked me for peace, so as not to sign! They took and attacked the French! I am amazed at the meanness of the allies, it was worth withdrawing the army from the capital cities, so everything, Poles and Denmark, are already besieging my cities, I gathered all my strength, Denmark has departed! Then Milan, cleared the topic and came to my borders, there is still a peaceful Hungary, standing on the border and jerking off! The whole game, examines my borders, I'm afraid to withdraw the army, so as not to provoke! I did not continue, I think I will start again, this is a dead thing, 3 powerful armies of Milan, stands near my 3 cities + the capital and the border city under siege + all my allies betrayed, except for Vesantius, have not yet reached!

T
Topoc 25.12.20

Yes, something quite deplorable situation. I also played at a difficult level, but I had no such chaos. I initially grabbed as much neutral lands as possible and began to develop the economy. He was not the first to declare war, there were many who wanted to chop off my land, but not everyone dared to do this, as I tried to keep excellent relations with the Pope. France was completely occupied with England, then Spain, she had no time for me. But already when Milan still dared to start hostilities against me, everything went as well as possible: Venice did not support him (although they were allies) because she wanted to remain on good terms with the church, and besides, the war with Byzantium was in strained. Ultimately, Milan was defeated very quickly. my castles just bordered on him, i.e. the army of Milan, although exceeding mine in number, was inferior in quality. Well, and then like clockwork: from Hamburg I withdraw troops to Arhus, after the capture of which I calmly seize Scandinavia in the future. The Poles who had risen unexpectedly, just as unexpectedly sank, since their entire army had already perished in the first two battles on my borders (before that I had captured neutral castles, in the end I was surrounded by powerful protection). With Venice, which suffered losses in the war with Byzantium, it was also easy to figure it out. True, with all this, I was excommunicated several times, but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the seizure of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. after the capture of which I calmly seize Scandinavia in the future. The Poles who had risen unexpectedly, just as unexpectedly sank, since their entire army had already perished in the first two battles on my borders (before that I had captured neutral castles, in the end I was surrounded by powerful protection). With Venice, which suffered losses in the war with Byzantium, it was also easy to figure it out. True, with all this, I was excommunicated several times, but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the seizure of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. after the capture of which I calmly seize Scandinavia in the future. The Poles who had risen unexpectedly, just as unexpectedly sank, since their entire army had already perished in the first two battles on my borders (before that I had captured neutral castles, in the end I was surrounded by powerful protection). With Venice, which suffered losses in the war with Byzantium, it was also easy to figure it out. True, with all this, I was excommunicated several times, but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the seizure of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. since their entire army was already killed in the first two battles on my borders (before that I had captured neutral castles, in the end I was surrounded by a powerful defense). With Venice, which suffered losses in the war with Byzantium, it was also easy to figure it out. True, with all this, I was excommunicated several times, but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the seizure of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. since their entire army was already killed in the first two battles on my borders (before that I had captured neutral castles, in the end I was surrounded by a powerful defense). With Venice, which suffered losses in the war with Byzantium, it was also easy to figure it out. True, with all this, I was excommunicated several times, but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the capture of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the capture of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire. but in this situation it was inevitable)) Further the growth of the empire could no longer be stopped)), after the capture of such vast lands, I could fight on two flanks. Well, at least that's how it was with me for the Holy Roman Empire.

S
Sankey 25.12.20

For the Germans it is really very difficult to play mainly because of the strong neighbors who absolutely do not want to ally with you or at least neutralize you.
Since excommunication in 95% of cases cannot be avoided, we put it on the Pope with his grumbling and shaking his fist. We achieve success only by quickly capturing key neighboring points! Namely, the most developed centers for the recruitment of serious troops. Then the neighbors are noticeably weakened. For example, I try to devour - the only fortresses and citadels of neighbors that have appeared, in order to break off the feudal lords with them. As a result, they begin to poke spearmen and all sorts of shit into already mine))) feudal lords. And then the exchange is not even 1 to 3m)))

T
TheAlexandr92 25.12.20

It is better to blitzkrieg for the Germans right away. For example, for Venice it turned out to destroy Milan in 1 move - as soon as he began he sent an army to Milan and took the next move, then I look Genoa without an army left as a general and captured all Milan at once. For the Germans, too, you must immediately try to endure Milan and Denmark. they have few cities, fewer Catholic countries, fewer problems.

G
Gold_mask 25.12.20

At first, playing sergeants and peasants as archers was not fun. But then, when feudal lords appear, the first ones are pumped up to 2-3 silver stripes.

There are indeed many enemies, and they unite in alliances against you. Especially the three macaroni brothers. In addition, dad is often on their side. In the north, bearded Vikings, in the east, ambitious Poles. Therefore, the more border rebel castles you capture the better.

G
Gold_mask 25.12.20

2 Smoki_mo As

I say, they all unite in a pack like wolves and gnaw from all sides, hoping for a bigger and fatter piece. But they will manage, they have nothing

B
Bianor 25.12.20

Gold_mask
Capturing "frontier rebellious castles" means losing an army on them and losing money on them, because they do not bring any income and are not at all sharp in military terms. If you go to the rush, then in three, or even four directions at once - to crush Denmark, send a detachment to Krakow through Breslau, allocate a detachment to capture Venice and Milan, which, after capturing these cities, should turn to Rome and Naples, and finally begin to advance to the west, there are the most difficult and least of all mercenaries. In five or six moves it will be possible to assemble a detachment to move through Vienna to Baklansky Po-s. In other words, to gnaw in all directions and not allow opponents to launch a counteroffensive.