3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 26.12.20 01:16 am

Cooling system

Guys, how to properly organize the cooling system, in a sistemnik. The case of aerocool predator x1, at the moment there is a rear 120mm for blowing, frontal 120mm, and a side 120mm for blowing. Vidyuha r9 280x, the temperature in idle time rises to 40, the system stand is on the floor.
PS: I changed the thermal paste, I cleaned it.
13 Comments
Sort by:
g
gaymersh 26.12.20

Front-blowing, rear and side-blowing.

S
Shadowarm 26.12.20

gaymersh
If you haven't noticed, then it's worth it

g
gaymersh 26.12.20

KrampusX
You write that the side is for blowing, but it is necessary for blowing.

F
Flow4Master 26.12.20

And what's the problem then? Normal pace vidyuhi. I have a vidyaha r9 280 without x, in idle time it also rises to 40 and nothing. If you have a cheap one like Sapphire or XFX, then you can put (stick on tape / electrical tape) on the back wall of the PCB - just from the outside of the video chip, 80mm fan - the pace will drop by 4-5 degrees on average. But this is a collective farm, where the automatic speed control works well, it is not clear what does not suit you, if in idle time at 37-40 degrees - the valves usually work at 20 percent.

S
Shadowarm 26.12.20

Flow4Master
MSI vidyuha, maybe it's summer now, the temperature flew up, in winter, in autumn you have the same temperature?

F
Flow4Master 26.12.20

KrampusX
In winter-autumn, the average rate is 2 degrees lower. The R9 2xx series are hot cards, so 40 degrees idle and 70+ degrees under load is quite a normal pace.

S
Shadowarm 26.12.20

Flow4Master
Thank you

K
Kahran ramsus 26.12.20

gaymersh, it is inappropriate
to put on the side for blowing: hot air will rise to the top and go out through the upper coolers or the rear. Therefore, the side ones are put on blowing - more sense. In normal cases, they are located so, the rear cooler is higher than the side cooler.

S
Sanchez ramirez 26.12.20

Kahran Ramsus wrote:
it
is inappropriate to put the side on the blowout . Right. Everything is right there. The side fan blows the area around the processor: the power elements and the northbridge, which is important. And 40 degrees for a radical, and even in the summer - garbage.

I have a 9600 GT in idle 55 now, how do you like that? Without the frontal, 120 would have been a couple of degrees higher. And nothing, like living.

S
Shadowarm 26.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Side blows the area around the video card

S
Sanchez ramirez 26.12.20

This is how you put it. And as far as I understand, there are two seats for the turntables on the side cover: above and below. In general, the case is quite robust, so I wouldn't worry too much if all other temperatures are in order.

g
gaymersh 26.12.20

Sanchez Ramirez
Do you have such an ancient vidyuha ???

g
gennaz 26.12.20

KrampusX
I have the same case
1 cooler - front (blowing in)
2 cooler - from the side (blowing in)
3 cooler - from below (blowing in)
4 and 5-from above (blowing out)