3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Diego163rus 26.12.20 01:18 am

Is the game similar? (No Man's Sky)

Is the game like a space simulator legend don't start me up?
10 Comments
Sort by:
D
DimaHost 26.12.20

Freelancer is a classic, I don't think it's worth comparing it with a rather "strange" project

D
Delphis 26.12.20

ikskom, which is about a thousand years more interesting, that's all you need to know

H
Holly jolly 26.12.20

Diego163rus
Absolutely different things, No Man's Sky is just a collection of resources, you fall on a planet, collect resources to fly away and fall on another planet.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 26.12.20

I haven't played a freelancer, but I've heard of him. And since this is a legend, then it turns out that he is better than the grinder in space (No Man's Sky).

D
Darth_Zaicev 26.12.20

No, they are not very similar. Freelancer is a game in a limited universe consisting of limited small sectors-rooms with transitions between them through the gates. No planet landings. Loading into a location called "spaceport on the planet" cannot be considered a landing. The game is plot. NMS is an open world sandbox. And why compare the game from 2003 with a novelty.

P
PCHalfFullHD 26.12.20

Darth_Zaicev wrote:
No, they are not very similar. Freelancer is a game in a limited universe consisting of limited small sectors-rooms with transitions between them through the gates. No planet landings. Loading into a location called "spaceport on a planet" cannot be considered a landing. The game is plot.
These are all details. The main difference is that Freelancer is an arcade space game, while NMS is another "survival sandbox".

Diego163rus
If you need something like Freelancer, then feel free to take Rebel Galaxy - it loses to the old man only in terms of the duration of the storyline and the game itself (it took me 45 hours to complete), but otherwise wins. And what's the soundtrack ...

D
Darth_Zaicev 26.12.20

Anglerfish
You could say that. However, the sandbox does not prevent the game from being cosmosim. Vaughn Elitka is essentially a sandbox too. But she is also cosmos. Right there, yes, that's right, space is much less than walking along all these acidic plains and hills.

P
PCHalfFullHD 26.12.20

Darth_Zaicev
Personally, I didn't know for so long that it would be possible to land on planets. And, it turns out, the players will basically have to do this. Maybe that's why so much negativity emerges? They also positioned their game as some kind of unusual cosmos with an endless world.

It's like the developed, for example, Stranded Deep (also a sandbox in which you have to swim from island to island in search of resources; in concept, I think, just like the NMS) would initially position their game as a "sea simulator". Those. yes - in the game you need to swim from island to island by sea, but the game itself is not about that, but about collecting resources and survival, but the players, judging by the initial statement, would have been waiting for something like "Corsairs".

X
X_ray_83 26.12.20

Parkan 2 is the best so far!

K
Ksardex 26.12.20

No man's sky is most similar to Out There. Only three-dimensional and more sharpened for craft than for text solutions.