3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JohnnyRainman 26.12.20 01:25 am

Magic in Fallout 4 (Fallout 4)

Good day. Actually, I'm interested in magic in the Fallout world. In part 4, we have evidence that something supernatural is still happening in the Wasteland: Children of the Atom, Dunwich Drillers, Lorenzo and Cabot, Mother Murphy, etc. Are there other examples of "magic" in the Fallout world? Are there any similar precedents in other games in the series? Are the Zetans related to this?
18 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rominator 777 26.12.20

In Fallout 3: Point Lookout, at Blackhall Mansion, a quest is given to steal Krivbekni's magic book from the temple where the Bone Breakers worship her. The quest is called The Dark Side of Blackhall.

B
BlackTigerTK 26.12.20

winni madison
In Far Harbor, the main quest is associated with them. And there they have side quests.

A
Aenmutus 26.12.20

winni madison
And you read the post to the end.
Are there any similar precedents in other games in the series?

D
Daniel Sl 26.12.20

winni madison
Are there other examples of "magic" in the Fallout world?
not in F4, but in the whole universe

P
Position 26.12.20

JohnnyRainman's
Ghost of Anna in Fallout 2 is a great example of this.

A
Aenmutus 26.12.20

winni madison
Hah) No trifles, color mobile phone too)

V
Vault-tec representative 26.12.20

In New Vegas with the Wild Wasteland perk enabled, you can find many interesting things (aliens, a refrigerator from Indiana Jones, etc.). Well, in parts 1 and 2, there are a lot of "magical" (absurd) random encounters (Trail of Godzilla, brahmins playing poker, also a crashed UFO, bridge of death, 4 horsemen of the apocalypse and (extremely) much more.)

J
JohnnyRainman 26.12.20

Vault-tec representative This is more Easter egg than magic, but quite entertaining, I must admit.

J
JohnnyRainman 26.12.20

Thanks for the answers everyone. From the above facts, we can conclude that in Fallout (especially in 4 parts) magic takes place, and this, frankly, is a little intriguing. I remember Metro-2033, where spirits began to live in the world (Moscow) after the nuclear apocalypse. But, as it seems to me, in 4 parts, the "magic component" was inspired by the works of Lovecraft (especially noticeable in the DLC "Far Harbor").

J
JohnnyRainman 26.12.20

Also, quests related to magic help to better know the Fallout universe. So, for example, the theory of "paleocontact" with the Zetans looks very likely (House of Cabot quest chain). I ask you to share your thoughts on this topic, since this aspect is not mentioned in the ENT of the game (The world of the game is positioned as an alternative universe, where transistors were not invented (?)) Could the Zetans somehow influence the nuclear apocalypse?

V

JohnnyRainman
Hello, if you are interested in this question on the DLC board for Fallout 3, namely Zeta. In this addition, the hero will visit an alien ship. There you can learn a lot about extraterrestrial "comrades". And become the hero of your planet.

J
JohnnyRainman 26.12.20

Vault-tec representative
Thanks, I will definitely go through this DLC. I have to ask, does this supplement indicate the connection between the Zetans and "magic"?

V

JohnnyRainman
In it you can learn about them, their goals, how long they have been on Earth, and so on.

G
GradusOFF 26.12.20

Huh, part 4 is full of magic. Freezing and burning weapons, clothes that increase intelligence, and the like - in my opinion, Fallout 4 is all about magic.

V

GradusOFF
Let's not forget that at the start of the bombing it would have been 77 years old.

G
GradusOFF 26.12.20

So what? Fallout has retro futurism. There was no transistor revolution. And tube synths don't fit at all. Magic, not otherwise

m
mark25 26.12.20

Considering what kind of shit the whole fallout series has gone to, we can safely assume that Fallout 5 will be released in the coming years, where 50% of all magic, water, air, earth will be there ... I would not be surprised if dark elves, magicians with freezing staves are running around the wasteland and gnomes with hammers. Wait, the gazebo will do magic for you.

K
Kirlusha 26.12.20

Yes, I suppose, one of the developers with a hangover forgot that it is not Skyrim who rivets, but Follich. So the magic appeared. [sarcasm]

In general, magic doesn't fit into Fall. Mysticism, all sorts of paranormal phenomena, schizonized NPCs, etc. somehow ...