3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The dmitry disaire 26.12.20 01:25 am

How to measure FPS in DX 12 mode? (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Hello everyone, I decided to measure the FPS in the game with fraps, but for some reason in DX 12 it does not even show the FPS in the upper left corner, a similar situation with msi afterburner, but if you put DX 11, then everything shows what advice?
16 Comments
Sort by:
S
StalkerVirys 26.12.20

Fraps has such a glitch, choose a different angle to display the FPS

s
skilsaf32 26.12.20

Yes, there is no growth, only it gets worse, you don't have to bother.

K
Kyubi 26.12.20

Turn on the display of FPS in games in the Steam settings and you will not need other programs for this.
Settings - In game - display the frame rate.

T
The dmitry disaire 26.12.20

Kyubi is
offline, so I want to test and then buy the game

A
Andrey Zolotukhin 26.12.20

Author_Nick
Same overlay settings, you can attach an overlay steam to a third-party game.

g
gaymersh 26.12.20

Author_Nick
Buy without measurements, the game is awesome with excellent optimization and beautiful graphics !!!

P
Patrick Kharkov 26.12.20

gaymersh
With great optimization? Are you kidding me? There is no optimization in this game. Because on different hardware people have, the game slows down, FPS drops, and it is not comfortable to play, even at medium graphic settings. This game is specially sharpened, only for TOP video cards of the latest 900 Geforce series. And at the expense of graphics, the game is very nicely made and looks. You can't argue with that.

g
gaymersh 26.12.20

Patrick Russian
How would you like to have good optimization on antediluvian calculators ???
Of course, you need powerful hardware for this game.

H
Hollen 26.12.20

Patrick Russian
Don't tell me. The game passed and everything was optimized! Config in the profile, if that.

My settings, on which the game was played, on DX11 before the release of the 12th were identical, the FPS jumped from 42 to 60, see the spoiler:
Spoiler

T

Patrick Russian
from GTA 5 on optimization it certainly does not compare, but for my r7 240 at low with anti-aliasing and other buns 25-30 fps is a masterpiece!

T

with fraps everything can be, but why does msi afterburner also behave?

v
vitovt-d 26.12.20

Author_Nick
In short, the question is relevant. Indeed, neither Fraps nor MSI Afterburner SHOWS FPS in DirectX 12 mode! The people also tried bandicam and razer cortex, the result is the same, in dx11 norms, dx12-xer. Checked on the game Ashes of the Singularity. You can see the processing mechanism is different and you need fixes.

z
zema76 26.12.20

Action! 1.31.3 https://yadi.sk/d/XIJl6TdItmh6f

T

zema76
has long been measured in the incentive)

f
falsh777 26.12.20

What's the use of the numbers if the game feels good?

t
tesla707 26.12.20

StalkerVirys wrote:
Fraps has such a glitch, what are
you talking about? What a glitch if there is no code in the fraps that interacts with the d3d12.dll library, the
banal C ++ code of the fps counter is tied to the DirectX API, and if the developer did not bother to update it, then there will be no frame counting on Dx12, respectively. That's the whole answer.