3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Votsin 26.12.20 01:46 am

Choosing a video card for the old configuration

Good day! Need advice from experts:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz
4GB of RAM
Video card - GTS 450

I collected the computer in 2007, it seems. Since that time, I only changed the video card (initially there was a 256 MB GeForce 8600 GT).
The system itself has long been morally outdated, I myself know this, so there is no need to give advice in the style of "change the computer" - I will do this, but later. While I would like to experiment with this system.

Help is needed on the following: which video card is right here to adequately increase performance within the available processor? It's clear that it's stupid to shove modern cards here, but the GTS 450 (even at the time of its release) was classified exclusively as budget.

In general, if there is someone who fumbles in the subject, tell me what you can take from the models of those times? I thought about the GTX 550 Ti myself, but what if you can shove something better here?

Thank you in advance.
10 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 26.12.20

it depends on the screen resolution,
you can shove something of the 670 level, but in my opinion such pitch does not pull the demanding games of the year since 2008-9,
so buying something into this computer will be a waste of money

L
Len4ik00N 26.12.20

Stenly V8
You can put 7770 from the "red": it costs, as a rule, almost the same as the 550, while it is more productive and consumes less, so you don't have to worry about the power supply. If you play games that are more demanding on the video card than on the processor, then you can take a more powerful card, but this already depends on the budget (which you did not specify).
By the way, you can experiment with overclocking the processor - this should also add performance.
Stenly V8 wrote: It's
clear that it's stupid to push modern cards here
If you don't install a top-end video card, but something budgetary with an eye on a future upgrade, for example, gtx 950 or an analog from AMD, then it won't be so stupid, but this, again, depends on budget and future plans.

V
Votsin 26.12.20

Len4ik00N
I haven't decided on the budget yet. It is not very reasonable to pour in a lot of money, but you don't want to be very cheap either. Therefore, I wanted to see what options are there, and only then plan and allocate resources.)

Thank you for your answer.)

ZY I don't dare to take an upgrade with an eye on the upgrade. Now there are such a number of cards that I'm afraid to miscalculate. Already when assembling "from scratch" it will be possible to see. With my components, it's better to replace all at once.)

V
Votsin 26.12.20

MunchkiN 616
MunchkiN 616 wrote:
does not pull demanding games of the year since 2008-9
Recently launched Metal Gear Solid 5 at high settings at a resolution of 1366x768, 30 stable frames. If you lower the settings to low-medium, you can play at FullHD with such a frame rate.)

But this is rather an exception. So yes, it makes sense to collect a new system unit, but I also want to dig deeper into this.)

K
Kirlusha 26.12.20

Stenly V8
What are you doing? Take a modern vidyuhu and put it on. One figs then you will collect a new system, so you will rearrange the vidyuhu into it.
But, the new vidyuha in the old system will not plow to the full, which, in theory, should extend her life :)))

V
Votsin 26.12.20

Kirlusha
Stenly V8 wrote:
With an eye on the upgrade, I don't risk taking it. Now such a number of cards comes out that I'm afraid to miscalculate. Already when assembling "from scratch" it will be possible to see. With my components, it's better to replace everything at once.)
No matter how it turns out that with a further "update" the already purchased card does not drop twice in price. It's better to buy everything at once, so as not to regret it later.)

p
pacantre 26.12.20

Better to change the percentage, not vidyuhu!

K
Kirlusha 26.12.20

Stenly V8
Well, they will definitely not fall twice.
I just, for example, do just that.
Now, with the release of 10 gtx, the 9th has already dropped significantly in price. So I bought a 950 OS.
I will buy another one, in sli.
True, I have a percentage of QX9770, and this old man will still give odds to some new i3s.
Fall4 and Zhta5 on high, no problem, I'm not demanding.
So see for yourself, it's a master's business ...

D
Daidjer 26.12.20

No advice. Full PC upgrade required. Mother, percent, video, memory.

w
warp 37 26.12.20

GTX 750 Ti, no higher.