3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mister611 26.12.20 01:47 am

Stereoscopic mode in the game (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Yesterday a new patch for the game was installed from Steam. The announcement to it, among other things, indicated the emergence of support for various stereoscopic modes, both passive and active: 3D Vision for Nvidia and HD3D from AMD. I was delighted at first, but when I entered the game, I found in the settings the choice of only passive mode (stereo pairs). Because I am using HD3D, was very disappointed and confused about the lack of native mode.
If anyone else is playing games in active 3D stereo, how are you doing with this game?
13 Comments
Sort by:
s
sergio5321 26.12.20

I thought no one uses this technology anymore

m
mister611 26.12.20

sergio5321
You are right, support for stereo mode was poorly supported by users even at the dawn of 2011-12, but it was still not canceled and still sometimes games with 3D support are released. This is already becoming an exception to the rule, but very pleasant. The last Lara was from the start with this regime, just bombing)). People who have not played in active 3D stereo simply cannot imagine how great it is, albeit a little expensive. Now on a wave of new devices with similar technology - VR glasses, God forbid this know-how will not stall like stereo monitors, it will become cheaper - I will definitely take it.

s
svs1s 26.12.20

On Monday, after the patch, I started checking 3D, there was also a choice of only a stereo pair. The picture was horrible. Yesterday I tried to set the resolution to 1280 * 720 in the game and the 3 "On" item appeared. Nvidia is in active mode. The picture is more or less.
Yes, this technology is little used, but the experience is very, very. Especially when Lara's tail flies off the screen)

m
mister611 26.12.20

svs1s
"... set the resolution to 1280 * 720 in the game ..."

- active modes differ from passive just in that surround mode is supported in Full HD with 60 frames per second. Reducing the resolution for active 3D stereo is nonsense! Of course, I will not play with the reduced resolution, but thanks for the hint, today I will try to play with the resolution, if the desired option appears, it may not disappear when the permission is returned to the place))

s
svs1s 26.12.20

It is possible and Full HD there is also support for 3D, but my card is weak for it, and vision for 1280 :)

m
mister611 26.12.20

I tried to switch the resolution - nothing changes, only the stereo pair mode with a split screen into 2 parts is not my option. Alas, HD3D does not work, the mode button does not appear.

s
svs1s 26.12.20

I turned on in Full HD, though it slowed down.

S
Spartacus1971 26.12.20

mister611
Hi, tried the good old TriDef Game Profiles, didn’t ride my jailbroken 6.7 version. Try it, it might work for you and I’ll play side by side.

S
Spartacus1971 26.12.20

Side by side, of course, not ice, I messed around a bit, set the update to full HD in the settings at 30 Hz, of course not 60, but so far there is no other alternative.

m
mister611 26.12.20

Spartacus1971
TriDef and did not try, they bent the campaign with support for games. And native HD3D is not supported. After the last update of the game, when using Dx12, a button for turning on the stereo mode appears (not a pair), but it is apparently intended for 3Dvision, and HD3D in flight does not plow. In general, the game passed in the usual mode, it's a shame without 3D, of course, but it's still good)) I'm already starting to get used not to roll my lip into 3D mode in games - they've lost it, I'll wait for the oculus to drop in price, etc.))

S
Spartacus1971 26.12.20

mister611
TriDef there are enthusiasts, they make profiles for games themselves, you can take a look. But I'm also waiting for the oculus or htc valve, waiting for the reviews to go, then I'll buy it.

M
Mitiss 26.12.20

I play on the ASUS VG278H 3Dvision 2 monitor. The first part impressed me with its immersion very cool, it turns on automatically in the game, but the settings have to be changed, but if you turn on the stereo pair in the game, the monitor does not support this. but it works on the TV at higher settings, but the location of the TV allows me to play only on the gamepad

M
Mitiss 26.12.20

Once again I will repeat 3D in Tomb Raider just gorgeous game looks different