3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gaynelyan 27.12.20 01:57 am

Hardware experts, help!

Hello everyone! Who is good at fumbling in PC components. Please advise what you can do with my PC in order to somehow play fallout 4.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 3.00 GHz (frequency increased via BIOS)
Mat. board: Gigabyte P35-DS3L Rev. 2.0
6 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2 GB, 128 bit
As for paint and discard, I understand that myself. I am saving up for a new computer, and now I want to play.
19 Comments
Sort by:
R
RAZIEL_ 27.12.20

Gaynelyan
check the load of the RAM and the processor during the game, if there is even a small margin, then replace the video card and play.

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

Gaynelyan
Vidyuha and one more memory bar (you have three, right?)

G
Gaynelyan 27.12.20

Kirlusha
yes 3, just some write that they manage to squeeze 30 FPS even with 4 GB of RAM

g
gaymersh 27.12.20

Only a complete upgrade !!!

S
SonyK_2 27.12.20

Gaynelyan wrote:
what can be done
In the game, all settings are at a minimum and you may have to lower the screen resolution - performance greatly depends on it. Turn off unnecessary programs during the game and unload them from memory.
Gaynelyan wrote:
some write that they manage to squeeze 30 FPS even with 4 GB of RAM. It depends on
what accessories they have in their system other than RAM, they may be more powerful than yours. And the lack of RAM can be partially compensated for by the swap file.

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

Gaynelyan
If you cram the paging file onto a small sdd, then not only 30 can be squeezed out, even with 4 GB of ram.
And set the bar without fail, otherwise with three your memory plows in single-channel mode.

E
Eroppo 27.12.20

Gaynelyan wrote:
Nvidia GeForce GT 630 2 GB, 128 bit
First of all - this plug in the trash and never choose vidyuhi by the amount of memory, it has not played any decisive role for many years

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 27.12.20

Kirlusha
2-channel mode will give a maximum of 2-3 fps. It is useful only in special tasks like archiving, etc.
There is a sense of the two-channel only in laptops and tablets, where the video memory is taken from the RAM. Yes, there is a decent increase.

I wouldn't invest in such a system at all. There's no point.

L
LeopoldoMendoza 27.12.20

Man, take your time. You wait until all the patches and dlc go to the game, the mods are finished, the bugs are fixed. You look at that moment and save up on your PC.

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

xxDiabloNeroxx
I'm not saying that the gain will be awesome. But he can now replace the vidyuhu, and then, after digging into a new computer, rearrange it into it.
And having caught up with the operative up to 8 GB, the swap file can be chopped off altogether, and get a little more fps.

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 27.12.20

Kirlusha It is
better not to cut off the swap file at all so as not to have performance problems, even if 16GB of memory is installed. The system is not stupid and itself knows where to use this paging file. It is not needed for games, but for operating system services, etc. The system, when it is turned off, does not just warn that this can lead to problems. And games in any case, even with the paging file enabled, will use the RAM and not it, if there is enough memory.

It is not necessary to change the video card, but the platform as a whole. And it is better to do this in the near future, before the ruble begins to fall again, because by winter it always falls. That is, now take at least i3 on skylake, and by December, just 1050 will be on sale.

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

xxDiabloNeroxx Sorry, described
yourself. I meant that the paging file can be made minimal and not completely removed.
The author (and I too) understands that everything needs to be changed, but he asked: what can be done with his system. Is that so? So they tell him what.

PS Damn, I can't post screenshots from my phone (android). Not loaded, writes "transmission error".
In short. Settings: textures and anti-aliasing - high. Range is maximum. The rest are average. The vertical is ON!
resolution 1440x900.

In the wastelands and all rooms, 45-60 fps is stable (Monique 75Hz)
And only on Corweg, in Boston, the common and in serious batches can drop to 25-32. fps.
Config in the profile.
Later I will try to post screenshots, so as not to be piz ... ball.

w
warp 37 27.12.20

The Core 2 Quad Q6600 is still suitable for games (even more overclocked), and the video card is complete rubbish and needs to be changed. This is my former processor, which my friend now plays on - so I know perfectly well what I'm dealing with.

Do not listen to "experts", Q6600 even plays the game in nominal value:

[email protected]+GTX 560.

Generally fucking configuration: [email protected]+GTX 970.

So the old man still has gunpowder in the flasks.

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

if the game starts on this processor, then it is possible
to play in real time, in principle, by resorting to soap mods to optimize and edit configs. this is not so much a question of pitch as for the game,
but it’s better to play that way and not play

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

warp 37
Completely agree. If you still know how to competently rebuild the system purely for games, and not for everything, then finally chic.

UPD. You haven't seen any fucking configs yet. And how do you gtx titan x + Intel core 2 duo E 8600. They brought this to my sidekick. I finally got crazy ...

w
warp 37 27.12.20

In general, the nominal Core 2 Quad Q6600 is two times weaker than the Core i5-4670K, and the latter is more than sufficient for games. That a modern Core i5 will pull at 60-80 FPS, the C2Q will pull out at 30-50 FPS - which is enough for a picky player.

w
warp 37 27.12.20

Kirlusha wrote:
How do you like gtx titan x + Intel core 2 duo E
8600. Laughed. But if the owner had brains, instead of TITAN X he could buy Core i5-6600K and GeForce GTX 980 Ti ...

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

warp 37
Of course! Now imagine my surprise when the owner said that he had no money to replace the entire system! And this despite the fact that he ordered the vidyuhu from my sidekick in the service store! (you know the approximate price yourself).
And he turned with a complaint, they say why GTA5 and Wedmak3 in fullHD does not pull! Then he grabbed his sistemnik and with the words "you fools" retired away, taking my hysterical laugh with him.
From all this, one could even add an anecdote ...

U
Ubisoft quality mark 27.12.20

warp 37
Q6600 even today has quite good performance and very low cost. And it has overclocking potential.