3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
ivaleon 27.12.20 02:00 am

Does it make sense?

Good afternoon, I have the following system:
Mother: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge up to 4.3 overclocking.
RAM: Corsair 8Gb
Video: PALIT GeForce GTX 780 SUPER JETSTREAM

I play at 2560x1440 and there is already discomfort in arma 3, gta 5, hitman and the like. I am thinking about replacing the video with 1070. What do you think? I also thought about buying another 780 in sli.
23 Comments
Sort by:
V
VOVAN WOLFovich 27.12.20

ivaleon
Anyone will answer you that one video card is better than two. If you choose between them, everything depends on personal desires and preferences. I prefer the old gtx 780, the new 1070. It is not reasonable to turn out an SLI array from morally and physically obsolete video cards, this is my opinion. At one time I replaced two 670s with one 980, I try not to mess with SLI - there are many drawbacks against such an assembly, although sometimes it is more profitable in price than one, and it is often more powerful. Part of this benefit will be eaten by the kW-s, wound in the load by two video cards. Again, look for money and preferences.

S
Spiny 27.12.20

I have an i5-4570 3.20 GHz. 8 RAMs and GTX Geforce 780 3GB. I play at 1920 × 1080 and still approx. By the way, I did not misunderstand.

c
chaos410 27.12.20

1070 is probably better, I wanted to offer 1060 but it does not support sli

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 27.12.20

ivaleon
I greet Sli myself and have been sitting on them for many years and will continue to sit with them !!!! But you have a different matter, your vidyuha is old and ruined by the lack of support for new games, as some say, "through the drivers it became negligible", but so as not to look for adventures on the op ... and not experiment in terms of performance when there is such money I advise you - IN YOUR case, score on SLi and buy a productive 1070, (all the more, you are sitting on such a large resolution !!!!!) and then, if you save up in the future, you can buy another 1070, and you will truly feel (no sarcasm ) Uber the power !!!!! Power that is worthy of a great baker!) In the meantime, do not hesitate and take 1070. Here are the words of the user -SK.art-

PS I was not too lazy and checked at work. Yes it's true!

i
ivaleon 27.12.20

VOVAN WOLF thanks.

Primal Mouseyvur
Got it, is it really worth it? I have not been following new products and all sorts of tests and so on for a long time, so I was "behind the times."
Will the gain be worth the money when replacing 780 with 1070?

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 27.12.20

ivaleon
I've always compared in anandtech:
Comparisonhttp: //www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1718? vs = 1731 An
increase of about 48-55%, count twice. Well, how worth it?

M

ivaleon
Wow, 780 and 1070 ..... And how will it be !!!!!!!!!!! You can't even imagine !!!!!! The increase will be justified !!!))

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

with the usual 780, if there will be little sense. If from 780 with enthusiastic gigs it may still be.
therefore, in general, the transition regarding the increase in grafon and fps will be justified.

M

ivaleon
Muchenokin 616 correctly noted that the 780 SLI is of little use. You lost that time, but forget it, it's not scary, now you can take some mega gaming or even an extreme version of 1070! At the expense of two 780TIs, it seems that it is not bad and is also debatable, I would like to see such a confa and its results, but I would not dare to buy this now.
It's like a dude on an over, who sits with four gtx 580 pallets, each of which heats up to 95 degrees and yells that this super power and more than one video card has not surpassed them)))))) I remember I also sat with similar idiocy , only in my case there were at least also quad sli, but two two - chip GTX 295. For three years it was barely enough and where are they now ???? In huang's paradise, probably)))

i
ivaleon 27.12.20

Primordial Mouseyvur
Well, then I'll take 1070) Can't you tell the company? mb someone has some kind of their own chips.

w
warp 37 27.12.20

Take the GTX 1070, the processor in 2560x1440 will open it in nominal value. The GTX 780 SLI is a dubious decision. And not only because this is a headache with SLI, but also because this card does not support DX12 and has only three gigabytes of memory, it is also not supported by drivers.

-
-SK.art- 27.12.20

ivaleon wrote:
Will the gain be worth the money when replacing 780 with 1070?
1070 is faster than your 780 by about 70-80%. I think this is a perfectly justified replacement.

M

ivaleon
I personally sat on a gigabyte. And he never let me down!

K
Kraicher 27.12.20

ivaleon wrote:
Can you tell me the company?
ASUS, EVGA, and further down the list MSI, Gb ...

p
pervosid 27.12.20

Spiny
is the same system. But why minus. NO money to upgrade! I have.

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 27.12.20

VOVAN WOLF Twofold
growth is about 100%, but not 50.

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 27.12.20

ivaleon
For a gigabyte, forget, there is a lot of marriage with factory overclocking. Either ASUS or MSI. If there is very little money then PALIT. The first ones really began to save, because they installed a plastic backplate. On the contrary, it seems like a normal office has become more or less, they now have a 3-year warranty, like everyone else, and not 1-2 years as before. I myself switched from MSI 770 GAMING 2GB to MSI 1070 GAMING X, the gain is enormous. Personally, I am for MSI - quiet and cold. A healthy and hard truth.

a
asbarton 27.12.20

ivaleon
It does n't make much sense, you already have a fucking vidyuha, everything pulls, if only money is not what to do, then take it, and it is not profitable to change the card

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 27.12.20

asbarton
On a 2k monitor, the 780 pulls only at medium / minimum settings. On the 7xx series, Nvidia has long put a bolt.

M

ivaleon
Here's an option for you !!! http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/vga/geforce_gtx_1070_xtreme_gaming/
If I were you, I would already fly after her!) I have always had gaming from gig, and here even extreme gaming! I read the reviews, it shows itself perfectly in everything, and the overclocking is excellent, and the temperature is decent, and quiet. Take it. Most importantly, do not buy Asus. How many forums shoveled, marriage to a fig for her, especially low-quality laptops do. How many times have you ordered this brand yourself - only problems from it! It costs more, but only one dust in the eyes. They will put a fig in a complete set of any consumer goods, and zero sense and horse price tags. Either Gigabyte or Evga. In short, take and play as intended!