3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dark kahn 27.12.20 05:14 am

Problems with Garry \ 's mod 13 (Half-Life 2)

I installed the pirate Garry's mod 13, a couple of problems arose:

1. I can not open the settings menu in the main menu. the bar at the bottom of the screen (where the mod's language is selected) overlaps this menu item. How to remove the strip and get into the menu?

2. Garry's mod 13 does not see HL2 pirates. How to connect?
22 Comments
Sort by:
S
SoNik Gray 27.12.20

0. For whom the themes were created: http://forums.playground.ru/half-life_2/699572/?p=4, http://forums.playground.ru/half-life_2/772032/?p=2, and ?
1. screenshot in studio
2. Nothing. This is not a face. HL must be shoved into the harris manually, shoving the appropriate folders.
3. In vain I put 13, because the mods of the previous versions do not work for it, and count them 99%. Better 9.

D
Dark kahn 27.12.20

0. So after all, Harris is a separate mod game, not Chl.

Thanks for the rest. Already figured out that Gcf needs to be unpacked into harris manually.

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

0. So after all, Harris is a separate mod game, not Chl.
There is no difference, those who are sitting here will answer (or not answer) in any way, no matter where the question is answered. But in general, it is better to use any existing theme instead of creating a new one. And by the way, for the same reason it is senseless to ask the same question in a heap of topics in a row, as you yourself did recently.

In general, I suggested that Alex create a topic for questions about Gmod (for all versions, it is pointless to create a bunch of topics for each version of Gmod, since there are few questions about it, it is pointless), but according to the new rules "one question - one topic". But personally I (and I think that the rest of the forum users, if they do not support, they are indifferent), I think this approach is wrong, since it clutters the forum with unnecessary topics, the further existence of which is doomed either to flooding or offtopic (which is happening right now .. .).

C
Cvoxalury 27.12.20

If someone creates such a topic according to Harris, with the necessary links and basic faqs (I don't know at all), I will leave it, attach it, and in case of very simple questions I will redirect. And this, since the author's everything was settled, I'll cover it by night.

D
Dark kahn 27.12.20

Hmm, in vain I downloaded 25 gig of content from games for Garris. Firstly, nifiga almost did not appear, secondly, knights began to replace the metrocops, and in the third, most NPCs appear dead. So far I've taken this mess.

S
SoNik Gray 27.12.20

In general, I suggested that Alex create a topic for questions about Gmod.
Support! FAQ I have no idea what they usually ask, but I can sketch the links.

Hmm, in vain I downloaded 25 gig of content from games for Garris, and I warned that 9 is better, because in 13 it is only newer and a couple of chips that are unnecessary against the background of the impossibility of using old mods. Since a pirate, then download version number nine.

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

FAQ I have no idea what they usually ask
Well, for example, you can write which version of the gmod is better, what is the difference between them, and what needs to be done so that the content from all sourced games is normally available))

knights have replaced metrocops
Apparently you downloaded Age of Chivalry? There is some kind of model called police, apparently, it replaced the standard one. It was necessary to download the GTSF pirate right away, so that everything in it was included, and additional games could be connected. For example, I already got tired of mentioning HL2 Ultimate Edition, it's just that this is the only GCP collection that I know, but there are probably others (the main thing is to look for the word GCF in the description and pass by if there is the word Repack), and you can even do it yourself your own, but this requires certain knowledge, skills, perseverance, and, of course, free time (however, if the latter is in excess, then the first two points can be made up).
True, in the 6th version of the HL2UE Gmod the 10th, in the 7th - probably even newer, so if you want this particular collection, you should look for its 5th version (if this is still available on the network), maybe there and there will be a 9th Gmod recommended by Sonic. Otherwise, look for some thread in another collection.
But in general, do you really need content from the same AoC? Maybe it's easier to find Gmod 9 (albeit a repack), and if you want to do something on a medieval / fantasy theme, then you just need to think about dragging models from this mod, or maybe it's better to look for custom models on the net, they may be better suited for your purposes, and may be made better (for example, have more animations).

only the engine is newer
Well, this also has a definite advantage, if he wants to use new maps and models created for the latest source (although maps from Ep2 open normally even in CL2, but there will be a problem with textures), then it is possible that they will not work normally on the old engine ... On the other hand, nobody canceled the decompilers of maps, models and VTFedit;)

D
Dark kahn 27.12.20

Thank you. Actually, I had an idea to combine all the content from the entire HL series including dead matches, etc.

As for the GCF, I put them in the stepps, but Harris did not see them. Red crosses and that's it. If you put out Ultimate Edition 7 will see?

PS: The one I downloaded was self-updating and with support for network games.

ZYY: In general, I can put everything licensed through cracked steam, but it's scary for the acc.

ZYYY: Hopefully Harris in Ultimate Edition 7 is auto-updateable?

D
Dark kahn 27.12.20

Wobbschem installed Ultimate Edition 7 with Harris 10. Problems:

1. There are no characters from HL1, although I installed it with Harris.

2. NPCs spawn dead.

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

If you put out Ultimate Edition 7 will see?
Yes, but you may have to manually connect them. // although it seems not necessary, I find everything.

There are no characters from HL1, although I installed it together with Garris.
NPC from HL1 cannot be used in harris, because this is a game on a different engine. But HL2UE7 has Half-Life: Source that should work. If you are still talking about HLS, then you need to spawn them through the Browse tab - look for the Half-Life: Source folder there and click on it. All HLS models will be there.

NPCs spawn dead.
Shouldn't it be so? I personally don't know Gmod very well, I don't know for sure.

edit
Ohlol, even Ivan is there!

pix.PlayGround.ru

But Barney was spawned by HL2. The hike, so that you can normally spawn HLS models, will have to bypass some technical restrictions: create the Engine1 / hl1 / models folder. Open GCFScape half-life source.gcf. Find hl1 / models there and drag out the models you need, for example barney.mdl, into the folder you created earlier. Then rename it, e.g. barney_hls.mdl. The model should now appear in the Browse menu.

M
Marvster 27.12.20

"NPCs spawn dead"
Don't you confuse with ragdolls?

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

Something I can not figure out how to make the HLSny Barny appear. The method described above did not work, an invisible model appears. However, Barney, Gmen and others can be pulled out of HLS: Deathmatch.

S
SoNik Gray 27.12.20

Browse spawns ragdols, they must be dead, so that a fizgun (faceposer, fingerposer, eyeposer) can be set in the required position. There are a lot more models here, because not all of them have AI and animation (this applies to mods). When you download, watch what you download: the model is just a ragdoll, and it is signed as a non-copy (NPC).

D
Dark kahn 27.12.20

I downloaded and installed the full resources of all HLs (there are animations and everything else). So I want to spawn live NPCs from HL 1 source, and not just from HL2.

Z
ZloyKiller11 27.12.20

Guys, help!
In short run Garry's mod, there is a screen saver with the LAS, and suddenly an error occurs (it requires me bakraunda file and all isch, yes isch.
Here screens:
(PS) Just say a bad screen turned, well chtosh do.

Z
ZloyKiller11 27.12.20

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

Ha, a familiar mistake. And why no one thought to answer so that the user would simply turn off Steam? (because downloaded Harris is a pirate)

C
Cvoxalury 27.12.20

And why no one

thought to answer Yes, because a fucking redesign, the sub-forums do not have an update date, and you can normally learn about new posts in a topic only if you are the author of the topic. Well, or freed all the posts.

Oh, stop. It was a month before the update. * tries to merge quietly *

x
xDDGx 27.12.20

sub-forums do not have an update date
Hmm, but for sure ... Yes, the redesign is controversial, of course, even if they fix all the jambs ...

a
avgan12 27.12.20

I don’t care the fox is better and the pirate Icho is better than the content of the games, because I’m able to do both, but the pirate is better because everything is easy and the fox is current for the network and for the group