3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vic rattlehead 27.12.20 08:34 am

Wean Alan Wake to slow down once and for all! (Alan Wake)

Good day. Of course, I understand that the game is old and hardly anyone else is playing it, but still. So. Since anti-aliasing cannot be completely disabled in the game (and it is not necessary, otherwise the grass will either be barely visible, or it will be displayed with artifacts), you can try it through the driver - this is the reason for all the brakes. In the nvidia control panel, in the game profile, in the line anti-aliasing - mode, you need to set the value to override the application settings, and anti-aliasing - parameters - to your liking and MUST REBOOT THE COMPUTER AFTER THIS !!! For some unknown reason, these changes do not take effect immediately. And the game will just fly. I have a geforce gtx 660 ti fps card - 60 and higher, I don’t know about radeons, there is no way to check, but I think that it will also work. I hope my advice helps someone. Good luck to everyone, and don't forget to comment.
5 Comments
Sort by:
K
KingNarik 27.12.20

Only a couple of days ago he took it down. Tired of, bored, and did not master it to the end. But it didn't seem to slow down without any tweaks)

d
djtis 27.12.20

It did not help me, it also slows down, although the computer is powerful.

y
ykufap 27.12.20

It helped me 100%. Thank you so much.
ps no reboot required. It's strange that you advise this - after all, the profile for a specific application (AlanWake.exe) is configured

s
serafim657 27.12.20

Did not help.

S
Shagoff 27.12.20

It helped, but partially. For some time after starting (from 5 minutes to 1 hour) the game runs smoothly, and then, for some unknown reason, it clicks and starts to slow down again. It is the computer restart that helps. And so every time.