3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
r0fel 27.12.20 08:36 am

sound card on laptop not working

Please do not suggest reinstalling Windows / installing drivers, but simply answer the question below. My laptop sound card driver crashed. Almost no games will start without it. At first I tried to install the drivers, in the end I scored and decided to look for another way and I had an idea. What if you turn off the sound completely in some game (in my case, Fallout NV) so that the game simply does not ask for a sound card (I think this is possible with the help of mods, changing the game settings file or some program, please unsubscribe in this thread. Thank you.
9 Comments
Sort by:
v
vovanRUS 27.12.20

to begin with, in the device manager, delete all drivers related to sound, along with their software (you need to put a checkmark at the bottom when removing firewood)

r
r0fel 27.12.20

vovanRUS
I'll try now

r
r0fel 27.12.20

vovanRUS
vovanRUS
Of course I asked for something different, but you can try. I went in and removed Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. What is going to happen?

r
r0fel 27.12.20

vovanRUS Is
there an option to send drivers and run the game without sound?

v
vovanRUS 27.12.20

chrometroper
after removing third-party firewood, perhaps Windows itself will install the necessary ones at startup ... if not, then the road to the off site of the laptop.

g
gmh4589 27.12.20

chrometroper
Nothing but reinstalling firewood can cure it. Even if you completely remove all sound from the game, turn it off in the settings, the game engine will still ask for an audio card.
So, nothing can cure it except for reinstalling the firewood ...
PS: Without an audio adapter, almost all games released before the beginning of 2000 can work quietly, since then these devices were not common. But from somewhere in the 2000s, audio cards began to be integrated into the processor / motherboard, and all games began to require a sound adapter.

M
Mr. Freeman 27.12.20

Such topics always make you laugh. SOUND CARD DOES NOT WORK ON LAPTOP! Call your grandmother for help. What kind of youth has gone .. armless, brainless, ingenuity zero, imagination finally in the minuses .. I don't even want to advise anything. Fuck it! I don't understand at all !!!!! DOESN'T GET TO MY BRAIN! Why keep at home such a parasha as a LAPTOP? Moreover, to play on it ... Crammed with dust, heats up like the devil knows what .. The computer must be with a large separate monik, with good hardware, with a huge case, in which Valuev himself gets lost. To have access to all the components ... disassemble, examine, think, etc. etc. Are you a secretary? Broker fucking? The director of a company who flies in the sky by plane for 20 hours a day? Buy a normal computer and no other ... but fate ...

K
Kahran ramsus 27.12.20

chrometroper
Decided instead of the main problem to create another and solve it? Dolbo .... Logic.

r
r0fel 27.12.20

Thanks for the help"