3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
drunky Irish 27.12.20 08:36 am

Michael's Betrayal (Grand Theft Auto 5)

After completing the game, I still don't understand why Michael betrayed Trevor at the beginning?
Basically, they gave him a new lease of life in Los Santos and all that. But Trevor didn't threaten Michael in any way. Then why give him up. For the family? But Mike was a robber, and he anyway had a large amount of money in his piggy bank to support his family.
Maybe in order to get rid of Trevor at last, but it could be done without betrayal, since he found himself a new friend to rob him, Brad.
And from some of the dialogues between Mike and Frank, you can understand that instead of Brad, Trevor had to be killed. What turns out, Mike is a mean rat who approved of the death of a friend. Maybe I missed something ...
It just makes the game a complete Gwn.
Someone will answer, man, this is a game, and not a book or a movie, why try so hard to disassemble the plot. I disagree with that, because nowadays a good plot in games is still relevant. And being a Rockstar fan comes disappointment, after this not finished plot, given that in the previous GTA everything was clear and understandable.
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shif077 27.12.20

drunky Irish
In some mission it was said that Trevor and Brad wanted to remove Michael because he became soft after the wedding. Therefore, Michael turned in everyone and everything.

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

Shif077
Trevor would hardly have started to kill him, because after the false death of Michael, he got himself a tattoo with his name, and according to the further plot, one can understand that Trevor, although nutty ... and so on, but he is honest and loyal. That mission, when Trevor dug up the grave and found Brad there, he was never able to kill Mile, and neither did he.
About that mission, I remember that when Trevor and Wade went to Los Santos for the first time, Trevor said about this, like he just found a replacement for Michael, because he was blown away, but it didn't say about killing him.

S
Spider jerusalem 27.12.20

Michael worked with the FBI even before the robbery in Ludendorf, therefore, if Trevor found out about this, nothing good would come of it, plus he himself is a psychopath dangerous to society

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

Although ... if in essence, then I figured it out. Maybe many will understand what the matter is like me. But the point is this ... Dave caught the famous bank robber (Michael), that is, he caught him for the fifth point and offered deal: Either you hand over Trevor to me (who was much more dangerous than Michael), or they put you in jail, etc.
Michael accepted the deal because there was nowhere to go, because of the family, so he offered some of his conditions (fake death and new life) and agreed.
But by chance, instead of Trevor, they catch / kill Brad (or rather, they stupidly miss Trevor because of the hostage). And it becomes clear that Michael did not wish Trevor any harm, after lying pretending to be wounded, he shouted to Trevor to run away from here. After all, in theory, a deal is a deal, and therefore Dave fulfilled Michael's conditions without even catching Trevor. Either Michael was saved by the fact that Dave did not lose anything by missing Trevor, since Michael's "murder" brought Dave a reputation and money. I think that's how it is. It's just that it was expressed in the game, not quite directly to the players.

_
_PRIMAL_ 27.12.20

drunky Irish
If he hadn't thrown Trevor, he would have robbed banks all his life, and would have waited until at some point Trevor finally slept and killed him

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

_PRIMAL_
Trevor would not have killed him, the fact that he is cruel and unbalanced does not mean that he is not a reasonable and shitty person. And, I described above what was the matter.

T
Tiger goose 27.12.20

If Michael hadn't turned in his accomplices, he would have gone to jail. For a long time. For a very long time. And at that time he had a young wife and small children. All this is stated in the game. Even if an incredible nobility leaped into Michael, and he decided to go to prison (although it is still a question of nobility: after all, he leaves a family that needs to be raised), then he would be condemned in full, and almost all property, of course, would have been confiscated, and the wife and children would have had nothing to live on. And so he was allowed to hit the road with the money, which formally is already his.

Also, Michael, in response to censure from Franklin, told him that life can put before such a choice that only one action will be the only right one. That is, the choice between family and friend is obvious.

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

Tiger Goose
I wrote the same thing above. But for some reason I don't remember that the game said about this deal. Or I missed it.

T
Tiger goose 27.12.20

drunky Irish wrote:
I wrote the same above.
Well, not exactly the same. When I wrote the message, your post was not yet, like the other two above. Plus, you have guesses, though mostly correct. I rely exclusively on information gleaned from the game.

drunky Irish wrote:
But, for some reason, I don't remember that the game said about this deal.
Michael and Franklin talked about this often. Also some details came up from Michael and Dave's dialogues.

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

Tiger Goose
I had no idea, I wrote that I figured it out. And it doesn't matter. But I still don't remember Michael telling Frank why and for what he betrayed Trevor.
I remember that when Michael was driving after Trevor to the cemetery, memories began, where he told his wife about a deal, but for some reason the game itself did not mention the details of that deal, I learned them from the wiki.

T
Tiger goose 27.12.20

drunky Irish wrote:
I had no idea, I wrote that I figured it out. And it doesn't matter. But I still don't remember Michael telling Frank why and for what he betrayed Trevor.
I remember that when Michael was driving after Trevor to the cemetery, memories began, where he told his wife about a deal, but for some reason the game itself did not mention the details of that deal, I learned them from the wiki.
Happenes. The game is long. You can miss something. But about this situation, everything was clear to me after passing the game.

H
HankShrader 27.12.20

Michael is a positive character, and Trevor is the most suitable for the protagonist of the GTA series ...

d
drunky Irish 27.12.20

HankShrader
More like an antagonist, because since GTA 3 all protagonists have been much less cruel and psychotic than Trevor.

Yes, and here there is an irony, when closer to the final of the game, Frank is asked to betray his partner, for his own good, also people from the FBI, as well as then with Michael)