3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Portmen 27.12.20 08:36 am

Where are the GTA Online servers located? (Grand Theft Auto 5)

Where are the servers, it is clear that they belong to the rock, but what about the ping?
38 Comments
Sort by:
i
illuminati2 27.12.20

On consoles only in America and may be in Western Europe. on the pc will be everywhere. Therefore, they will be through the steam server

h
hjbghv 27.12.20

Ping is kept at 60

R
R_D_V 27.12.20

illuminati2
Is it? Steam seems just like an intermediary, a platform, and online will still go through the social club

S
Sugar_coffee 27.12.20

It does not depend on Steam (we only download the game from the Steam servers), and the game itself is already on the Rockstar servers.
The servers are most likely in Europe and America, but the ping depends on the place of residence, it seems to me.

G
Glasses breaker 27.12.20

Let everything be fine, so much money has been thrown in)

P
Portmen 27.12.20

Glasses breaker
yes no, if they are in America, then the majority who are farther from the west of the country, closer to the east will have problems
with the Far East, so I'm worried

d
dimka3991 27.12.20

Portmen Everything is fine
there with ping, I play on a 3G modem outside the city, no problems

P
Portmen 27.12.20

dimka3991
Not well, if you are out of town somewhere close to Moscow or St. Petersburg, or even better Kaliningrad, then it is clear that you have all the ping rules

d
dimka3991 27.12.20

Portmen
Yaroslavl region

H
Heksenpey 27.12.20

dimka3991
Well, you're okay, but I only have a ping of 120 (DV) with Moscow, in principle I play any game it's always okay without lags, but the ping is large, I would like less.

g
gfylf0000 27.12.20

hjbghv
if i'm not mistaken, on xboxes the ping is more like about 200

h
hjbghv 27.12.20

gfylf0000
Well I played on ps3

P
Portmen 27.12.20

gfylf0000
and hboxes have it, the ping depends on the distance, not the console

g
gfylf0000 27.12.20

Portmen
well, they do not have servers in Europe, well, that is, the Internet game still depends on the service, and the server of t-shirts in America

p
pos.aleks 27.12.20

The situation with ping is also interesting. I'm using a 4G modem from MTS. Once we played The Crew with a friend, so he said that I was a little jerky, although I myself have all the rules. I found out that the game server is located in Canada, and my ping is ~ 190 ms there. I hope it will be better with GTA

A
Aleksandr77701 27.12.20

dimka3991
did not think that I would meet a fellow countryman)))

z
zzcool 27.12.20

On the main page of ROXStar it is written - New York, London, Paris, Bagota.

_
_DooM_ 27.12.20

There are no game servers in gta online.

n
nat.mih 27.12.20

_DooM_
If this is a joke, then kindergarten level. And Petrosyan's humor is no longer in vogue!
They have servers in the States, and each platform has its own.
Spoilerhttps: //support.rockstargames.com/hc/ru/articles/200426246

_
_DooM_ 27.12.20

nat.mih
And this is not a joke. There is a discussion of what the ping is to the server and whether there will be lags when playing, but people do not know. that they do not play on this server, but only exchange transactions, statistics and other data with it. If the game took place directly on the server, then there would be terrible lags even with players from the same region. Therefore, the judgment of "lag" by measuring the ping to the rockstar server is wrong.