3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arwinge 27.12.20 08:37 am

Reading books (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Hello guys. I started playing Skyrim, playing this game from the very beginning, collecting many different things, including books. But, after I started reading these books, I realized that there are too many of them in the game and it takes a lot of time to read them too. Tell me who completed the game, is it worth spending time reading books? Or can you play calmly and everything will become clear without them? I also downloaded all the books in one file and there are about 800 pages in a Word. Can. should I read all those 800-odd pages first and then start playing the game further? Thank you in advance.
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spider jerusalem 27.12.20

read the lustful Argonian maiden, the rest is optional, it is still mostly an addition to lore and not history

M
Maxim Apelsin 27.12.20

I played the game a couple of times, and the books that I did not read in the game at all, everything seems to be clear there, and what is not clear is translated and explained.

S
Strepsils_Massondosa 27.12.20

Wabajek

A
Arwinge 27.12.20

Thanks guys, I'll know. Otherwise, I love to immerse myself in games too much, but not so much)

w
w201 27.12.20

Arwinge
I agree, there are really a lot of them. I read 70 percent of all, I just couldn't - I'm tired of them. Some are worth reading, but I will not list them, you will figure it out in the course of the plot. There is no visible influence on the game, just for fun. Some books are just opened - a little added in skills, well, just in case - maybe useful for a quest.

P
Playshner 27.12.20

Read books for 50 and above gold ... they teach skills ... the rest is bullshit, brain clogging ... Well, unless you really want to be completely Oskayrim, or, like in Morrowind - to be morrowind ..., then read everything in a row. .. ;-)

A
AR3E 27.12.20

Like a pirate, in 2011, I read all the books. There are hardly that many.

A
Arwinge 27.12.20

AR3E
As for the game, it seems to me a lot)

F
FIL. Just FIL 27.12.20

There are not many books, given that some of them migrated from the previous parts. Sometimes it's fun to read about references to past games in the series.

M
Misha gotko 27.12.20

if you do alchemy, then I advise you to read the guide to the plants of skyrim

W
Wilhelm wolf 27.12.20

Read .... Read the Queen Wolf all 7 volumes, Works of Raven (Thief, King, Warrior, Protector), etc.

M
Misha gotko 27.12.20

and also after reading some books you can get a quest for example the legend of the red eagle

A
Arwinge 27.12.20

Some already differ.

M
Metalist1925 27.12.20

There is a very entertaining reading there. A book about "dessert", a cycle of a thief and a maiden, and more than one wonderful book. This is much more interesting than completing the radiant quest. I installed a plugin for myself, which adds all the books from the TEC series

A
Arwinge 27.12.20

Metalist1925
Can you plz in more detail about the plugin?

M
Metalist1925 27.12.20

Arwinge
here. http://tes-game.ru/load/skyrim/gmods/9718/53-1-0-12208

a
arah 27.12.20

For those who played Morrowind and Oblivion, the books of Skyrim are long gone. Basically, if not all of these books are from the previous parts of the game. There is simply no point in reading them completely while playing Skyrim. Books provide information that is practically not applicable in Skye. Purely for broadening one's horizons.
As an exception to the book on alchemy, enchantment and blacksmithing. At the very least, these books help to understand something.
The rest opened - closed, if lucky got a point to the skill.