3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Noob Inquisitor 27.12.20 08:37 am

Iron problem

Guys, in short, this is the case. A couple of years ago I bought a computer, good, powerful and everything is normal with it. Except for one incomprehensible garbage - almost immediately after the purchase when playing, it doesn't matter what game - the picture freezes, and the screen is covered with multi-colored pixels, after which the computer rebooted with the inscription "Switch to energy-saving mode". Everything would be fine, but only this will be repeated more and more often. I tried to adjust the energy saving parameters differently, but nothing came of it. Then I figured out the problem (as it seemed to me), setting high priority in the task manager when playing, but a couple of days ago the problem began to recur again. And I immediately say: the problem is not in the video card. She has been working quietly for 2 years with this problem and has not burned out and nothing else has happened. Therefore, the problem is different. Be kind and tell me how to solve this problem,

15 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dmitry Ivanov-Petrov 27.12.20

Exactly the same problem. I haven't found a solution yet. We are waiting for the answer together.

I
IGNIT 27.12.20

This is a video card)) so it should not burn out, it will just crash with artifacts and reboot for 10 years ... it looks like overheating of a graphics chip ..
and about periodicity, it probably heats up less with some firewood with others a little more ...
Just insert another card and play for a week ... you had to solve the problem right away, but now you can't even merge it on Avito

o
oool 27.12.20

in the wood of the VK in the "power management mode" put "the preferred mode of maximum performance" if you have not tried it ... maybe it will help ...

L
Len4ik00N 27.12.20

The Noob Inquisitor wrote:
Tried to tune in different ways, but nothing came of it.
Describe in a little more detail what exactly you tried to configure and where. At the same time config. computer point.
Try looking in the Windows logs - they may indicate which process or program is causing the computer to reboot. Another question: where did you install the firewood from?

o
oool 27.12.20

Sam Smith
if the matter is in the chip dump, then you can "fry" checked with your own hands ... manuals in net darkness ... the main thing is to observe the temperature regime ... and first check the temperature without VC ... my first vidyaha "died" with " roast "...

I
IGNIT 27.12.20

oool
it does not always help

N
Noob Inquisitor 27.12.20

oool
Sam Smith
The temperature is normal - around 30-40 degrees in summer, and even less in cooler times. The video card works fine, that's the only problem.

W
Wing42 27.12.20

I would assume it is a graphics card.
In 2008, I burned down and partially melted a wonderful and "almost new" video card Radeon of some kind of ponty at that time of the series. Before that, for six months, she gave me numerous color pixels and other artifacts.
At first I did not find the cause of the artifacts, but I wisely assumed that "something is wrong, something is overheating", after which I bought myself a low floor fan, opened the SB case and put the purchase in front of it so that it would cool all the hardware in general. There were fewer artifacts, emergency reboots became less frequent, however, as I found out six months later, the fan did not solve the problem, it only prolonged the agony of the poor video card, which on its last day warmed up to +120 degrees Celsius.
Check the thermal grease on the video card. And in general, check the thermal paste everywhere.

N
Noob Inquisitor 27.12.20

Wing42
Temperature is normal. Vidyuha hardly heats up.

A
Arti 27.12.20

It may well be a factory defect of the video card. It was necessary to return immediately under the guarantee, and not wait several years

k
kc5 27.12.20

Mayamenstate
Only no more than up to its own curvature (when the textolite card is perpendicular to the ground, for example). I so ruined the video card when I tried to prop up the very sagging one until it was "just from the factory".

R
Redeagle 27.12.20

As requested above, write the complete configuration of your computer. If you think that the video card has nothing to do with it, then pay your attention to the power supply, perhaps the computer simply does not have enough power under a certain load. If you bought a computer already assembled, a ready-made assembly, then all the more you need to pay attention to the power supply unit, since as a rule, system assemblers, (stores), with other powerful components, put a weak power supply unit and very often an unknown Chinese manufacturer.

p
pervosid 27.12.20

30-40 in the summer? In simple terms. Which card, why SNIPER? Any card heats up in load up to 55-90.

r
requiemmm 27.12.20

It looks like a dead power supply. The current is growing, the power is sagging, the computer is in reboot. Conder most likely, or visually swollen, or you can touch with your hand, which is hot, that and dead. Of course, there is no ESR meter. Probably the largest jar, the Chinese usually mold it cheaper, by 85 degrees, therefore it does not serve for a long time, although all this is the treatment of hemorrhoids according to the ai-pi.

K
Kirlusha 27.12.20

Inquisitor of noobs
If the screen is covered with multi-colored pixels (grandmother's sweater), then this is 100% GPU marriage! (Bad contact). And the temperature has nothing to do with it! I have a gtx 470 lying under the table with exactly the same symptoms. Do you want me to give you? You will continue to find out all over the Internet: what is the problem ...