3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20 08:41 am

Help with the video card

I have a gtx 980 and one problem occurred. When I play demanding games, after a while, it is always different, but if it comes out once, then the next time, it appears faster, everything freezes. The entire screen is filled with different colors, with the picture that was in the game. And the sound hangs down after a while and continues. And yet, I pulled out the video card 2 times and cleaned it from dust. On the first, for the whole day, not a single freeze, but after the second time practically nothing has changed.
29 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
Did you change the thermal paste on the video card ???

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

some kind of driver problem
or lack of power supply to the card.
it is desirable to write about the power supply. motherboard processor and overclocking.

M
Mewel 27.12.20

Yes, it looks like overheating.

B
Brashnashla 27.12.20

Test the temperature of a vidyuhu with some thread TechPowerUp GPU-Z, there is just a function for writing to a file

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

bazilews The
video card is only a year old, the thermal paste has not been changed

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

MunchkiN 616
650 watt power supply Overclocking did not. A mat. board - asus z97-a

b
bazilews 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
Try to connect with another cable, to other connectors. Do you regularly update firewood ???

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

bazilews
well try now. I update the drivers, as soon as I notice the release of new ones, I launch the program about once a week.

b
bazilews 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
But it is still desirable to change the thermal paste.

k
killycrok 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
Overclocked?

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

killycrok
no

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

the problem is either in the drivers or in the power supply circuits of the card itself, or in the fact that the unit does not supply the necessary power to this line.
to be sure, you can run 20 FurMark minutes
if it warms up the card to 100+ degrees - cooling
if it freezes - with a high probability something hardware
if they can burn the card for a very long time then the problem is very likely in the drivers.

k
killycrok 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
Try downloading Msi Afterburner and lower the frequency of the card, maybe you have a factory overclock.

G
Grandshot 27.12.20

It may be that the driver shit badly on the system during one of the updates. Open "View Windows Messages". If kernel-power hangs there in critical events, then it is. In this case, only a complete reinstallation of Windows saves. Removing the driver cleanly using the DDU program usually does not help with this error, but you can also try.

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

Grandshot, by the
way, I reinstalled windows, but the problem persisted

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

As for cooling, when I played, I checked it. I set the fan to turn on earlier and the speed was higher, then the temperature did not rise more than 60 degrees

G
Grandshot 27.12.20

vbifhbyf Did the
permutation from scratch, formatting everything on local disks? Well, in this case, the problem is definitely hardware. We'll have to carry it in ss.
Although you can still try to reduce the Clock Speed ​​in MSI Afterburner by a little - minus 20-50. But it helps only if there is a factory overclocking (the video card has "OC" in the name).

b
bazilews 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
Download the ATITool program and check your vidyuhu with it.

v
vbifhbyf 27.12.20

I ran MunchkiN 616
in FurMark now, there were no freezes. But I have already changed the cable, as bazilews wrote, and it seems to me that this was the problem. And as soon as it started, I ran it in FurMark, then a minute later, it hung somewhere.

b
bazilews 27.12.20

vbifhbyf
And what cable is connected to the monitor ???