3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LuDiCrOuS 27.12.20 08:44 am

What does the \ "damage per second \" parameter mean in player statistics? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

x
15 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spider jerusalem 27.12.20

damage per second actually

K
Kosh13 27.12.20

Let's say there is poison. It works for a while. Let's say 5 seconds. Every second, it will inflict certain damage.

F
Fildeng 27.12.20

or from the fire when it burns

S
Setesh 27.12.20

how cool is it to ask a question that contains an answer to it

K
Kosh13 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS
And you are so smart that you don't know how to use Google.
Damage per sec Damage per second. The calculation is based on attack speed, white weapon damage, crit chance and critical damage. The developers decided to solder a fast attack (with one speed) and a heavy attack (with the other) in one line of DPS, simply saying that we use both 50-50, all the time, which caused confusion in the end in terms of numbers.

S
Setesh 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS for
example, to carry out an attack, you need to spend 1.8 seconds (the figure is from the bulldozer, for example), the sword damage is 1000 (again from the bulldozer), to find out the damage per second, you need to divide the sword damage by the attack speed - this will be the damage / sec

S
Setesh 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS
damage 819, 1479 per second, it turns out in a second almost 2 attacks are you doing, what's not clear then?

G
Geth Hunter 27.12.20

even a kindergarden knows what damage per second is. Shkolota is getting dumber and dumber these days. Soon they will be asking what it means to "start a new game"

S
Setesh 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS Sori
, I explained clearly, if you cannot understand elementary things, these are your problems, otherwise there is simply no way to explain

S
Solidar 27.12.20

if you endlessly swing your sword, then the damage per second (aka DPS) will be exactly in 1479, because one blow with the sword spends not exactly 1 second, but a little less. damage per second is formed not from a single, of course, blow (swing of the sword) but from several. If you hit someone with a sword for 5 seconds and you will damage 7395 in total, then the dps will be 1479, and the damage will be 819, because in 5 seconds you will make 9 swings with the sword.

S
Solidar 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS
, ideally, dps is calculated in at least a minute, and your 17 hits could be 18 hits in 10 seconds, which if divided by 2 would also be equal to 9. More precisely than the value on the sword, you still won't calculate it yourself, because here you don't need a stopwatch in your hand, but an addon with a dps meter. This is generally a function of the mmo game, here it only gives an approximate understanding of how fast the sword is swinging. The closer the DPS value is to normal damage, the slower and vice versa.

l
lorancew 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS
These numbers are complete nonsense. I have pumped "Hunting Instinct" and "Murderous Courage", as a result, having killed several dozen Nilfgaardians, we got such figures (screenshot), but in fact about 4000 crit is applied. damage.

S
Solidar 27.12.20

You
don't read LuDiCrOuS carefully, I wrote everything in detail.

F
FoCus-Real 27.12.20

Damage ... I have everything) The above answered the question very well. I'll just sit here ...

A
Aivur 27.12.20

LuDiCrOuS
Don't be wise. Here's a whole article for you: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Damage_per_second - not from this game, but the essence does not change.
Now, briefly.
DPS is an abstract value that indicates how much damage you can theoretically do per second. Why abstract? Because the damage is not done at the same frequency. For example, let's take the damage (on the ground) from the Roach and the Queen. The DPS is the same, but the queen takes less damage per hit, and the cockroach more. Or take the mothership and the void emitter in comparison: the damage per attack is the same, but the DPS is higher for the emitter. Frequency is important because the defense parameter works for every attack. Example: A marauder in hearts of the swarm dealt 10 damage in one hit. In legasy of the void, it deals the same 10 damage, but the attack is divided into two (in 1 phase, of course, that is, one grenade flew at a time in HotS, and two grenades were flying in LotV). DPS hasn't changed, but efficiency has decreased because armor is now counted twice.
Regarding the judgment of the attack in 1.7 seconds: so what, what is 1.7? Damage for 1.7 you will have 819. That's a fact. It's pretty obvious that in 17 seconds you will have 8190 damage. And yes, you theoretically have 481.76 damage per second. But you cannot view it from the “hit / hit” point of view. You can only consider it from the point of view "if the damage that I inflict in 17 seconds is spread evenly over these 17 seconds, then it will be 481.76".
As a result: DPS is needed to roughly estimate the effectiveness. Do you want to look more precisely: add more parameters to the DPS, the same attack speed, for example, I do not remember, unfortunately, is there a way to find it out in the witcher.

Anyone have extra. DPS parameters are considered separately.
PS I hope that I did not miss anything very important and did not confuse it.