3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20 09:04 am

AMD Mantle (Thief (2014))

When will AMD Mantle support be released? And does my AMD HD 8970M card support this wonderful feature? the card seems to have recently been released =)
29 Comments
Sort by:
t
tesla707 27.12.20

when it will be released is not known (promised in March). Most likely after March 20, when the Game Developer Conference 2014 will be held (at which DirectX12 will be announced, and AMD, in turn, will tell more about Mantle).
your 8970M is built on the GCN architecture, so it does support it (you could not ask, but check on battlefield 4 and Star Swarm Benchmark).

F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20

tesla707
Thank you! helped a lot =)

s
stHarty 27.12.20

tesla707
That is, if the card supports Mantle then it will be available in the settings? I have an HD 7850 which does not seem to support mantle, but in the BF4 settings this function is available and you can enable it =

t
tesla707 27.12.20

stHarty
"That is, if the card supports Mantle, then it will be available in the settings?"
depends on how the developers will activate it. In bf4 they made a choice, in other games it may happen that the system will automatically select the api.

"I have an HD 7850 which does not seem to support mantle, but in the BF4 settings this function is available and it can be turned on"
once you can turn it on, it does.
Mantle is supported by GCN (HD7xxx, HD8xxx video card series) and GCN2 (Rx 2xx video card series).

t
tesla707 27.12.20

t
tesla707 27.12.20

AMD Catalyst â„¢ 14.3 Beta V1.0 http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_14.3_Beta_V1.0_Windows_B22_March12.exe
Thief:
AMD Mantle and AMD True Audio support
Improves stuttering observed in CrossFire mode
Call of Duty: Ghosts: QUAD CrossFire profile update - improves level load times
Audio issues observed when using CrossFire configurations (and V-sync enabled) have been resolved
BattleField 4: V-sync issues observed on CrossFire configurations (with Mantle enabled) have been resolved

Added support for AMD Mantle and AMD TrueAudio for Thief
updated Quad CrossFire profile for Call of Duty: Ghosts, which should have a positive effect on level loading times;
fixed bugs with sound when using Crossfire with activated V-sync;
fixed bugs with vertical syncronization in Battlefield 4 when using Mantle on Crossfire systems.

t
tesla707 27.12.20

all update4 on the network with a crack. Today after work I will try mantle.

t
tesla707 27.12.20

graphics at maximum settings at 1680x1050, SSAA disabled, Windows 8.1 x64, the game starts with HDD SATA2

API Mantle

A
Amixis00 27.12.20

And for me, there are fewer bugs and friezes, but when choosing Mantle, the second core does not want to be included in the work. Yes, and before it was necessary to shaman through a katalist, so that the vidyuha worked to the fullest.

t
tesla707 27.12.20

Amixis00
"there are fewer bugs and freezes " I
agree, it has become more comfortable to play.

F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20

Help me! I installed the patch, firewood installed the latest AMD 14.3 BETA! But when I turn on the game with Mantle, it simply does not start up, but without Mantle it starts. What could be the problem?

t
tesla707 27.12.20

FaTaJI_6a3yka
Star Swarm Benchmark tried to run?
here http://www.amd.com/us/products/notebook/graphics/oem-solutions/Pages/8950-8970.aspx#1 write about the GCN architecture that supports mantle.

F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20

tesla707
Installed Launched in Mantle! And what do you think ... She crashed with a program termination error! And then it dawned on me that maybe this is due to the fact that the application was launched on the built-in video card! I changed it in the settings, I started it anyway, it took off! What could be the problem? OS: Windows 7 x64 (pirate), Video card: Amd Radeon HD8970m 2GB; RAM: 8GB; Processor: AMD a10-5500m 2.5-3.2 GHz; Latest drivers: Catalyst 14.3 Beta Help me somebody! = (

t
tesla707 27.12.20

FaTaJI_6a3yka I
don't even know how to help. Write to AMD technical support, maybe they will say something sensible.

F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20

tesla707
http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/194 here is what seems to be written about laptops and Mantle! Is it possible that I need to wait for an even newer driver, because it says which video cards do not support this driver?

t
tesla707 27.12.20

So ladies and gentlemen, this is probably the first implementation of "self-made" initialization of mantle libraries!

I ask you to test http://rghost.ru/53320589 the
program is compiled in VS2013 and so far only for 64-bit systems, so it will require the installation of the corresponding vc ++ redist 2013 libraries (if not already installed, you can download it from the MS website). Added support for launching on XP (it is believed that mantle is friendly with XP).
the screenshots show the operation of the program - first, two different monitors are connected in turn (the program fixes this by means of mantle), and then two monitors are simultaneously connected to one video card, which proves that the initialization is successful and the program works out one hundred percent.
yes, I agree, so far this is the simplest example without demonstrating any graphics, but understand correctly - it is worth a lot to achieve even such a result without libraries and header files.

PS: at the same time with me, another programmer was engaged in initializing mantle (he does it in FASM, I in C C ++). He has not yet published his program, but he shared a video of how it works

PPS: I ask you to unsubscribe about the launch results (this is important for further development).

F
FaTaJI_6a3yka 27.12.20

tesla707
And you can ask: aren't the Mantle libraries installed with the driver. Or is your development doing something different?

t
tesla707 27.12.20

FaTaJI_6a3yka
are installed. The program does not install them, but initializes some of their functions. Before creating a 3D application (scene, game, etc.), the first thing that developers do is initialize the video card using the API they have chosen (directx, opengl, now mantle), because it is not possible to create a game that will be executed at processor power (any compiler links code for cpu, not gpu). The bottom line is to create something similar - http://rghost.ru/53327954 is a game in its infancy, i.e. DirectX 11 initialization, run the program and run GPU-Z, the video card will be loaded in full, because processing of the render of the window color through the directx api This is the same thing I'm trying to do on mantle.

t
tesla707 27.12.20

Update:
- release of the 32 bit version (it works crookedly, I don’t know why yet)
- fixed some bugs in the 64 bit version (now the program terminates correctly when you press Enter thanks to the call to the grDestroyDevice function)
- successfully initialized 10 functions
- rebuilt in C ++ (now there is a hader that I will periodically update, in the future it can be used when creating games on mantle)

http://rghost.ru/53350698

s
stHarty 27.12.20

tesla707
Thanks, clearly.