3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DEKA 28.10.19 09:05 am

Subway better surface? (Metro Exodus)

Judging by the reviews the new Subway in this part of the game is almost removed subway. Instead, added a lot of locations of the surface.
I liked the previous parts of the atmosphere, that research on the underground tunnels of the metro. In fact it was one of the pieces of the game (don't remember other games that let). Why it was removed, replacing it all to the surface?
I remember in Last Light was the level where you had to go on the trolley on the rails, passing by minilogue (any premises of metro, in one of which a bunch of spiders there), and you decide to go to this minlocation or not. A kind of open world (loosely of course). Sometimes the route the trolley had to be adjusted to decide which tunnel to go.
When I passed this level I was given that in the 3rd part of the game they will expand THIS idea. That we will open the Moscow metro with lots of forks, with the opportunity to explore the abandoned tunnels and stations, and pay a visit to the stations of the different factions. Instead, we got the new Stalker - also good, but one of the pieces of the game are lost, yet the game is not for nothing called METRO 2033 - subway was part of its atmosphere, and now it's gone.
And you have no such thoughts? Nobody thinks that it would be better if they left the main action of the game under the ground, but would give the player more freedom?

PS: just wondering your opinion. I don't blame Exodus.
17 Comments
Sort by:
G
Glnai 28.10.19

DEKA
All location standards, except for the deserts where the atmosphere of the Underground - 0, IMHO.

S
STALTEK 28.10.19

Wait metro without metro is like? well asasin without asasinov as it can fairly(with).

M
Markl 28.10.19

Developing the theme, I wanted to see the United network metro large city, not a small Parking lot at the stations. But cities underground, large. Take the film City of ember.Or take a look at the same first BioShock.
However, I think that for some open world was a breath of fresh air after running around in the tunnels of the previous parts of a subject.
Personally, I'm satisfied with the game as it happened. Yes, not perfect. But to red-eye still very far away.
In any case, I advise you to play the passage at least for consultation.
On the other hand, for information there old YouTube.
(¬‿¬ )

D
DEKA 28.10.19

Markl wrote:
Developing the theme, I wanted to see the United network metro large city, not a small Parking at the stations
If the developers made the world, where moving between the underground cities or underground, each with its factions and their conflicts, then for me it would be a masterpiece.
I think sooner or later they will still come to this idea

G
Gregari11111 28.10.19

I agree with the author. In the game subway most liked journey on the subway. And what is described in the journey through the metro stations would be top.

R
Rograx 28.10.19

I agree. But if you think so, then how to develop the plot further in the metro, which for the previous 2 parts have been studied almost everything. At least all the largest and main stations were studied. Fascists and red roughly speaking was defeated, what else is there to do? So it made logical and probably right, that the emphasis on the surface and the study of other regions. Though I love the atmosphere of the previous parts, but in the new part it would have looked silly. Still, the Moscow metro is not so hard to invent there is a new danger. So that the study areas scorched Russia looks cool. I liked it. Not counting the desert. The worst location for the Russia.

P
Proshedshiy bezdnu 28.10.19

Subway, unlike the surface, limits to the imagination. The authors did the right thing.

D
DEKA 28.10.19

I think forever Artem on the surface will not run. His team sooner or later have to justify some sort of shelter and to consider how to connect with the Moscow metro. It is possible that this shelter will be underground in another city and then the game will return to normal.
Look in the 4th part it will.

L
L1nk1337 28.10.19

STELTEK
there is a subway at the beginning of the well locations in Novosibirsk , so all the rules

K
KilimanJaro 28.10.19

Subway is better, the game gets boring when a lot of time running around the same places open card - so stupid fakri unfortunately...

a
avas 12 28.10.19

DEKA wrote:
I remember in Last Light was the level where you had to go on the trolley on the rails, passing by minilogue (any premises of metro, in one of which a bunch of spiders there), and you decide to go to this minlocation or not. A kind of open world (loosely of course). Sometimes the route the trolley had to be adjusted to decide which tunnel to go.
It was not like this, you are going in one direction.

a
avas 12 28.10.19

They probably decided to make changes to the game's plot and decided not to risk and made another part just like that. The trick unlikely, it is a story so began. The plot must have some development, not limited to subway, then perhaps the topic was created-and why the subway one dungeon, and how the closeness to reality, there to get Loki to check, well, etc.. I suspect that both need, purely for variety, and interesting so the game held. In the game a little to make the story, not like the Japanese, so the graph itself but the plot is gorgeous, I'm talking about the old game.

M
Manul177 28.10.19

KilimanJaro
It is not farkray never )) I have the feeling that the world is cut for the sake of future DLC. The open world itself is not present. There are some locations with stable jobs and no more.

L
Linkeroff 28.10.19

The point is that on the surface of fps drops, some almost in 2 times,and in the subways there is a frame counter behaves more stable.Because you need to make a breakthrough in the schedule to release a newer graphics card.Would have stayed on the subway and would sit people with their 750ti with 100+fps.No benefit for nvidia.

Y
Yagor179 28.10.19

Linkeroff
Developers too lazy to redo the AI under rtx, because now the lanes are not so easy to tick stealth,
to teach the AI to evaluate in real time the level of illumination will long

W
WereWolf031 28.10.19

In open locations is lost atmospheric

D
Dogmit 28.10.19

DEKA
Why it was removed, replacing it all to the surface?

And how you had to complete the trilogy? The meaning of final is that Artyom always wanted to get to the surface and find out the way out of the subway. You want life in the tunnels to live with rats in the dark? The question is rhetorical.