3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
stranjer8 27.12.20 09:59 am

Impressions from 1.0 (Starbound)

The game is out of Early Access. How do you like version 1.0?
15 Comments
Sort by:
s
stranjer8 27.12.20

My personal opinion: game is dead. She died yesterday, we bury today. In the incentive, many are already sending "condolences" to developers.

S
Stinger 100 27.12.20

Everything is bad?

s
stranjer8 27.12.20

Stinger 100
Many small annoying changes that spoil the game in the coupe. It's just that version 1.0 is not a finished game, but the same early access. An imperfection thrown back.

S
SemyStall 27.12.20

stranjer8
Objectively explain to us what is wrong with the release of 1.0?

k
k0tas 27.12.20

SemyStall
For the most part, users who do not turn on fullscreen and who have FPS drawdowns on the top pitch are crowing.
For me, let's say it became much more comfortable to play on my bucket.
In general, then, they made the plot, returned hunger to the game, there is a main quest to collect some artifacts that will save the universe there. Redesigned a little craft.
I can't understand all this discontent, it's all the same Starbound, only slightly altered.

R
Raptor227 27.12.20

k0tas
Oh well? the optimization was done just badly, I have almost everywhere at 60 fps, sometimes in highly populated places it drops to 30, but to hell with him, my laptop is already to blame for this, and attention - my laptop is now considered outdated and weak, and everything that came out after mid-2015 at minimum salaries is generally unrealistic to play, no matter how much you want to, so that the owners of top-end computers are complaining about this, I really don't understand.
And all these innovations that were between the last stable version and the current one - I think they fit quite well into the game.

And yes, I have seen a lot of people crowing that there are not many changes - and then they themselves admit that they actively played the night version, so why are you yelling that there is nothing new in the release? weird people.

s
stranjer8 27.12.20

Well, I don’t know, I just downloaded and played the beta, for comparison, and it’s just more enjoyable to play.

k
k0tas 27.12.20

Raptor227 the
most interesting thing is that everyone seems to be complaining, but online now 52k xD

G
Gloomy Hopps 27.12.20

Everything is fine, they didn't spoil anything, added a plot, now it's not so boring to play, it's easier to play with friends, and in general it makes sense to PLAY MORE

S
ShowCake15 27.12.20

The update is good. When I bought the game, I didn't like it. It was boring, none of my friends played it, everyone played Terraria, and with the release of 1.0, the plot became much more interesting

G
GazTen 27.12.20

Finished plot with interesting mission dispatches. A bunch, just a LOT of new biomes. A bunch of new unique weapons, unique items. Quests from NPCs, the ability to recruit NPCs to your team. Hunger. Nyashka Nuru. The game has become much more varied. How can 1.0 be crappy? I do not understand.

s
stranjer8 27.12.20

I can justify it by pointing out what annoys me about the release compared to early access.
The developers messed up the game. Here are some significant shortcomings that made me feel disappointed in the game.

1. A bunch of workbenches. At the beginning of the game on the ship, they hardly fit. And even if you place them in a house on some planet, the house turns out to be huge. In Early Access, workbenches were smaller and smaller.
2. Space on the ship is terribly lacking, but it can be somehow increased. To do this, you need to recruit people to the ship's command. But how to recruit people for a team (with the exception of penguins) is not at all clear. It seems like you need to complete the quests. But after execution, nothing happens. In Early Access, the expansion of the ship was easier to understand.
3. Due to some rare ingredients for crafting (for example, cotton), the player is literally forced to engage in agriculture, build a base. But this is exactly what the game does not want to do. The game does not want to settle on one planet and travel.
4. The monotony of the planets. It feels like the developers have completely removed any random from the game. On an oceanic planet, you will invariably find a city of three-eyed and flooded ruins. And even in every (maybe I am mistaken, but it fell 3 times in a row) peaceful system has a starting planet (with a teleport to the outpost, requiring 20 core ore and a mine). With the variety in the game, in general, big problems became. There was more randomness in Early Access.
5. Incomprehensible ghost on airless planets, passing through the walls. It was not in Early Access. What the hell is this? Why can't you kill him, but it kills from one touch? Because of this creature, it is impossible to extract fuel underground. If it kills too deep, you will get your loot back. The creature knows how to corner you.
6. Magic. It's just magic. Some incomprehensible magic staffs ... In a game about the future, it is stupid in itself. It would be acceptable in terraria, but not here.
7. Problems of normal difficulty level
Hunger. Food takes up a gigantic amount of space. The same food does not add up to one slot. 1000 kilograms of earth or stone is added to one slot, but a couple of tomatoes are not. This is extremely dumb. Food spoil. The "expiration date" is not specified anywhere. At the beginning of the game, there is nowhere to take a normal refrigerator. And even if you find it, there is still nowhere to put it on the ship. Hunger is difficult to satisfy. One steak at a time is not enough.
Drop at death. Some things will drop from you if you die. There is no sign to the place of death - sometimes you have to wander. And it also happens: you die, lose loot, follow him and die again. It becomes scary to carry anything with you in an enlarged inventory.
Teleportation. If it were not for the previous two points (hunger and drop), then the inability to teleport to the ship from anywhere (as on low difficulty) would be perceived as normal. And together with the previous paragraphs, I really want to have such an opportunity.
8. Cat on the ship enrages. It gets in the way underfoot. And you can't remove it, although in the early access it seemed possible.

The game is raw, after so many years in Early Access. You can't call it version 1.0. Raw and unfinished game. It would be better if they tweaked it for another half a year before releasing it.

A
Achmed the Dead Terrorist 27.12.20

stranjer8
2. You complete quests and then talk to the one who gave them and maybe he joins you.

s
stranjer8 27.12.20

Yes nifiga. Completed a bunch of different quests. Nifiga is not typing a team. Ugh, nafig this game.

A
Achmed the Dead Terrorist 27.12.20

stranjer8
I did it the first time. you can still buy upgrade cards for the ship