3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
grev_4 27.12.20 09:59 am

Arcania: Gothic 4 and Windows 10 (Arcania: Gothic 4)

My nephew at home played Arcania: Gothic 4 on Windows 7. And I have Windows 10. I installed this very Arcania for him on my computer. The installation went smoothly and without errors. But ... it doesn't start: you click on the icon on the desktop and nothing happens. What could be the reason? I tried to set compatibility with Windows 7 and ran as administrator, but the results were "zero".
PS I understand that the game is old and unsuccessful and, most likely, it will be difficult to find someone who plays it, and even more so at 10-ke, but still I hope for any help.
Thanks in advance!
5 Comments
Sort by:
g
goofygoonz 27.12.20

And it's good that it doesn't start, don't spoil your psyche.

g
grev_4 27.12.20

goofygoon1337
)))) Yes, I already played it at one time. I installed it for my nephew (6.5 years old), nothing else came to my mind that it would be easier to slip it from RPGshek. In the first and second Gothic, the graphics are not alley - they cut your eyes on the big screen (and their control is non-classical, as I remember, and not all keys can be changed); the third - all the repacks are somehow clumsy, half of the tasks hang; in The Witcher, it's too early for him to run - it is not known at what moment he will stumble upon a mat and a nude; Dragon Age, I think, he will not master ... I thought he could install Risen or Risen 2 or 3 for him, but I don't remember how things are with the age limit ...
PS Moreover, he has already passed a quarter of Arkania ... and desire finish it off from him yet.

D
DreamFAW 27.12.20

Have you tried Fixing Compatibility Issues? Suddenly it will help.
Of the good simple games I can recommend Sudeki, the first Fable and Jade Empire :)
Arkania once did not start for me either, though on Windows 7, but the problem was solved by installing PhysX, and there was some other one called PhysX Legacy.

g
grev_4 27.12.20

DreamFAW
Oh! Exactly! Fable! How did I forget about him ?!
Thank you!

g
grev_4 27.12.20

Reinstalling PhysX helped.