3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
S1nTemor 27.12.20 10:13 am

Strange GTX 650 cooler.

Good day, I really need help, can anyone come across a similar one.
The video card heats up a lot (and the computer itself heats up because of this) if some game is not running, the cooler does not work (I don’t know, maybe it was intended) and heats up from 47 to 53 degrees. And in games, no matter how the temperature rises it seems that the cooler works at 15-20 percent of its main power. But it showed itself in the Sony Vegas 13 program, at the time of processing the material and the like, judging by the noise, it started to work for everything, apparently the heating reached some kind of peak point, it made a noise like this for a while, and the cooler is silent again.
I tried to manually set the speed, through MSI Afterburner, and there the cooler starts to make noise only if I set the speed bar above 80%. And it seems that 80 and 100% are no different in noise. I tried to set a more normal speed to bring down the temperature but Alas.
I changed the thermal grease, cleaned everything from dust as expected, but the problem remained.
I hope for some good advice, or any help, I read a lot of articles on the forums, but I didn't find something like that. And so it turns out that in order to sit normally at the PC, you need to set the ceiling speed in the program. The effect is certainly excellent, but there will be noise at the level.

I will say right away that the games are working properly, but the temperature and the lack of cooling are annoying. Already on the forums I met information about viruses eating memory and so on, but something is in doubt. Here are the screenshots, if I need to, I can still do it.
ALL SCREENS ARE MADE SIMPLE, maximum YouTube is included and a couple of links.

8 Comments
Sort by:
C
CRASHBULLET 27.12.20

Miner google, if there are suspicions, then there is a reason, pirated games from torrents, recently they can throw up problems, the antivirus of Casper did not help me personally, stopping the cooler is most likely a manufacturer's "feature", see the characteristics, change the thermal paste for sure, level AC mx2. If you want to monitor the temperature yourself, use msi afterburner or analogs of asus and co.

S
S1nTemor 27.12.20

CRASBULLET
So I changed the thermal paste. And regarding Afterburner. It only works if I set the cooler RPM above 80%, everything below is idle. Maybe this is such a model that the cooler simply does not work in idle mode, but in games it goes sluggishly, in fact I can stop it with my finger. Although everything is smeared, there is no dust. I don’t know what it is, and if these are normal temperatures.

C
CRASHBULLET 27.12.20

It only works if I set the fan speed above 80%, everything below is inactive.
Strange shit, can the cooler be kaput? or the controller, bring the SC let them look.

n
nominar 27.12.20

S1nTemor
In games, what is the temperature?

T
Tigers_Trust 27.12.20

They looked badly for information, I wasn’t zealous either, but I found at least 2 forums where this problem popped up with the video card from the asus 650.
As a result, one person was helped by the fact that he removed all the programs that controlled the cooler and everything became normal.
The second did not know how he ended, since the topic died.
Alternatively, use the advice from the topic and demolish all the software that can control the cooler (MSI Afterburner is also for demolition).
Also, this is from me personally, if such a feature appeared after updating the firewood, then roll back to the old version.
MB in the new firewood Juan made such a gift to all owners of the 600 series and sawed in them a function that starts up the cooler only when it reaches 60 degrees (fantastic, but everything can be).
In general, carry out the manipulations and share the results.

S
S1nTemor 27.12.20

Thanks for the advice of the guys, I figured out the problem. Quite high temperature in the room due to the heat. And the factory settings on the cooler are set, so to speak, rather weak for such work) I adjusted the speed through Afterburner, increased the speed at all temperatures and the cooling began to work normally. Yes, and as I understood in the model itself the cooler works only during games, in idle time it does not function.

V
Vasek Vasekk 27.12.20

A neighbor had a similar problem - but of a slightly different nature - a simple high temperature.
1. Replacement of thermal paste - and its application with the thinnest possible layer on the chip.
2. Demolition of drivers - and reinstallation cleanly.
3 Afterburner's demolition - and reinstalling it. Programmed auto mode enabled - on auto. Everything now works - and the tempo dropped by 12 degrees.
The cooler speed of 40% in idle games rose to a maximum of 65, and the temperature was 67 degrees in Battle4.
The computer is in a hot sunny room - where there is nothing to breathe with an open window.

S
S1nTemor 27.12.20

I looked and checked drweb in the processes, everything is fine there. I think I'll try to demolish the afterburner, everything essentially started after it.