3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sion94 28.12.20 02:16 am

Beckett Bonus Ability (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines)

Brief Introduction.
Anyone interested in Becket's bonus ability? I just didn't find the proper guides on this topic and did a little research myself. I would like to share the results:
1. As you know, the bonus ability for any clan can be developed no more than to the 3rd level and the price of the first level is 6 points.
2. If you add any other ability through the console that you (according to the plot) cannot have, then the price for the first level will be 10 points, but it will be possible to develop it to the maximum.
3. In this simple way, I revealed that each clan has only one ability with a starting price of 6 points, namely:
Gangrel: Haste Brujah
and Ventrue: Animalism
Malkavians and Nosferatu: Fortitude
Tremere and Toreador: Transformation
To do this, at the time of talking with him after the mission in the Giovanni mansion and the battle with the Chang brothers, you must have at least 8 points of humanity and ask him to tell about himself in response, he will want to know about you, select
the 1st point (about humanity and the nature of the beast) and get a bonus ability.
4. Thank you for your attention.
6 Comments
Sort by:
X
Xerus13 30.12.20

Sion94
This is not called ability, but discipline. Only by the middle of the post did I understand what it was all about. Things should be called by their proper names.
And it's so cool that someone decided to get worn out and collect information about additional discipline. I was interested in this, but I couldn't find information, and somehow I didn't want to do the experiments myself. But I have a few questions about getting this bonus discipline. I couldn't get it. First, can you take a screenshot and highlight the answer you want? I watched a video where a person showed how to get discipline, and he chose the option "I am a gangrel like you", and not about humanity, and he did it. Secondly, it said that you need to pump all your basic disciplines to the maximum, and only then approach. I did this right before the conversation using the console, but nothing came of it. Question: how did you do, which of what I described actually works / does not work, and what am I doing wrong?

S
Sion94 30.12.20

Xerus13
1. Gangrel's dialogues with Beckett may differ for obvious reasons. When I get to this point as a representative of this clan, then I'll clarify.
2.I, too, at first fell for this nonsense, but this approach did not work. Then he clarified on one of the English-speaking forums that the main condition is humanity 8+ and checked this with his "Ventrue" which, in principle, did not pump "presence". This approach also worked for Nosferatu, Malkavians, and Toreador (Brujah, Gangrel, and Tremere in progress).
3. It may be the case in the version of the game, personally, I'm going through the English-language VtMB-ClanQuest Mod.

X
Xerus13 05.01.21

Sion94
How are the results? Has already?

PS My version of the game is NP + v.10.6, Russian voice acting

S
Sion94 07.01.21

Xerus13
Good morning and happy holidays!
The answer has been found. In the case of Gangrel, you need to pump all disciplines to at least level 3 before talking with the Prince (it will not work later) while humanity should be 8+. In the subsequent conversation with Beckett, we choose 1 option "I am a Gangrel just like you" and then the only option "I have mastered all the disciplines but do not mind learning something new" and get Swiftness

X
Xerus13 07.01.21

Sion94
Thanks, I will try

S
Saturmine 20.02.22

Seht what you stifled