3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MrWorld 28.12.20 03:00 am

Will an i5 4460 processor be enough for a GTX 1070 graphics card?

I'm going to buy a video card for myself, but I'm afraid the processor will be a bottleneck for this card. Now it costs i5 4460 3.2GHz, which processor can I buy for the future?
34 Comments
Sort by:
t
turtles 28.12.20

Will pull.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 28.12.20

MrWorld
If for the future, then the i5-6600K. Well, and a cooler that would pull overclocking to 4.3 GHz - then it will reveal exactly the video.

M
MrWorld 28.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
And from the i7 series it costs nothing? What cooler can you buy for the processor in the future? Here is the size of my case http://almaty.tomas.kz/p/403802-korpus-huntkey-spider-atx-midi-tower-bez- bp-red / # product_testimonials. Cooler within 5k rubles

x
xoen 28.12.20

MrWorld
For i7 games, don't take it. i5 is enough. Why pay extra for unused opportunities?
From coolers I can advise Zalman solid-copper, do not forget to take good thermal paste. It is important!

The bottleneck could be the motherboard, but you're not building SLI. x16 on one slot should be.

s
sector1111 28.12.20

MrWorld wrote:
but I'm afraid the processor will be a bottleneck for this card in
some places, but in general it will be fine

K
Kahran ramsus 28.12.20

percent 100%, card up to 90%. Doesn't pull out.

SaIIIa
Probably he needs a 750W power supply. : D

w
warp 37 28.12.20

Should be enough. Of course, overclocking would not hurt, but, unfortunately, the processor is not a K-series.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 28.12.20

MrWorld
Everything has already been verifiedhttp: //www.ferra.ru/ru/system/review/experiment-cpu-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-1080/#%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%BE%D1 % 86% D0% B5% D1% 81% D1% 81% D0% BE% D1% 80% D0% BE% D0% B7% D0% B0% D0% B2% D0% B8% D1% 81% D0% B8 % D0% BC% D0% BE% D1% 81% D1% 82% D1% 8C_GTX_1070

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.20

You can buy such a card for such a processor, but not in all games released more than a year ago the card will be used. and if they do not hesitate to put the grafon within a year, games can probably come out that will count against this card. in principle, it can be well filled with modern games.
change the entire system for the future. there will probably be new generations of processors or amude zen will catch up with 4770 and 7

w
warp 37 28.12.20

Today, by the way, there was a rumor that Volta will be released in 2017. If the rumor is confirmed, then now changing the GTX 970 to Pascal is a very dubious decision.

I myself am now upset because I ordered a GTX 1060.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 28.12.20

SaIIIa wrote:
why not just buy a normal assembly of a computer once and worry about it for 6 years?
Please - don't be so naive ... They won't allow you to sit for so many years without thinking about the upgrade. Every season - the developers will let you know what kind of slag your PC is, increasing system requirements at times. And after a year or a year and a half, the newly purchased PC will pull games from strength to medium-high.

w
warp 37 28.12.20

SaIIIa, what? My GTX 670 is already four years old (in 2012 it was the second most powerful single-chip card) - it's time to buy a GTX 1060, the characteristics are very tasty.

And I'm certainly not the one who every year gives fabulous money for a piece of PCB.

w
warp 37 28.12.20

SaIIIa wrote: the
computer is probably 9 years old.
If your PC is nine years old, you have not played games for several years, or you are cunning. After all, nine-year-old cards do not support DirectX 11.

As for the nine-year-old processor, I can believe it, because a friend plays on Core 2 Quad Q6600. True, the map is from 2012.

w
warp 37 28.12.20

SaIIIa wrote:
I don’t care on directX 11, without this is it impossible to play?
In modern games it is impossible.

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 28.12.20

SaIIIa
I update my PC every four to five years - such a stable tradition. Although the old laptop lived for more than ten years.
You are clearly wishful thinking. It will be difficult to play modern games on a PC nine years ago, even at low ones. Even if the PC was a top-end in the past. Considering that many games now require DH11 as a de facto.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 28.12.20

SaIIIa
Here my vidia will almost soon be missed)))) And you say, 970 copes well with any game If a dude takes two years, maximum three, then 1070, just that !!! In fact, the 660-750s are enough for someone, we don't know his preferences in the graphics settings and screen resolution, and SO 1070 AND 1080 are GREAT CHOICE for a comfortable FPS for several years.

K
Kryogen 28.12.20

warp 37
Oh, videos come out every year, but you can sit and wait all the time, and the whole life will pass.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.20

in principle, you can play on a computer in 2009 and okromya now and still not plan to update anything, but this pitch should have been assembled to the maximum. in total for 10-15 years, whoever collects this is usually not a schoolboy and will not sit until the moment when his games simply will not start or it will be impossible to play them. Therefore, a top-end computer for 5-6 years of video cards every 2 years. school computer for 3-4 years of video cards once a year for a pekboyar.
still interesting with powerful graphic stations, but due to the fact that everything is very expensive. if the game is relevant, it will be bad to pull. many years later, it may mature and will hold out and again change video cards - so pitch for centuries is nonsense.

s
setarusessao666 28.12.20

SaIIIa
directX is simply responsible for the graphics level
directX is a graphic Api. Was directX 10 while it was in use it was supported by new video cards. Then directX 11 came to replace it and the old one was removed from modern games, as it lost its relevance. And old video cards simply do not know how to work with the new Api. Let's say a video card is 7 years old, how can its creators know what changes will occur and give the video card support for the not yet existing application programming interface.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.20

setarusessao666 the
technical design of video cards practically changed with each dx. released a new standard for shaders and architectures with which it will work.
technically, dx10 video cards of the shm4.0 generation can work exactly with dx11 api. At the expense of 3.0, this generation dx9.0s most likely can also, but I'm not sure.
the difference is that they cannot execute command commands under shm 5.0. and even if there are all sorts of artifacts
, it is worth checking in the game - you need some kind of dx featur leyvel and shm 5.0. everything below the game says no
, it is customary for the people to say a card with support for dx 11, this means with shm 5.0 from 460 gifors and 56xx radeon, for example
dx10 is already 2600 radeon and 8600 gifors, etc.
between dx11 and dx12 at the hardware level, there are also control cards up to generations and architectures, but they are already very vague to understand, although they are all referred to as shm 5.0