3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Raykor 30.12.20 01:05 am

Y900 Razer Edition Gaming Desktop vs ASUS G31, comparing top gaming desktops

I propose to think a little and decide which of these 2 gaming desktops (Y900 Razer Edition Gaming Desktop and ASUS G31) will be more stylish, more productive and better in terms of price / quality ratio? And do they make sense or is it better to assemble the PC in parts?
59 Comments
Sort by:
M
MuSStafA 30.12.20

If you understand what's what, then you can assemble it yourself. There are heaps of forums and blogs on this topic. If you don't want to bother, there are also a lot of ready-made models. What will be "more stylish, more productive and better in terms of price / quality" - this is already for specific models you need to look at. I will say one thing, I trust engineers of a large manufacturer more than sofa experts.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.12.20

SpoilerThe Lenovo Ideacentre Y900 RE is housed in a Full Tower chassis. Windows 10 acts as a software basis, and an Intel Core i7 Skylake processor is used as a hardware. True, its model is still unknown, but it will definitely be a processor with a free multiplier of the K series. A pair of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics cards are responsible for the graphics processing in the new
product.pffffff face,
depending on what is required from such a pitch
manually, it will come out exactly what Therefore, you will not have to overpay for the price and quality for something that may not be necessary.
I did not find a descriptive asus. the performance of such assemblies is very predictable in terms of the details installed in them. the systems with their already assembled stand separately, and they are usually assembled under a certain order and not as a serial model.

J
Ju St 30.12.20

In order to independently assemble such a PC, it will take a lot of time and effort, so it is easier for some to pay a little more than to suffer and take a steam bath by choosing components and studying forums and blogs) As for the description of Asus, here is an excerpt: The system consists of a main unit and an additional ... The smaller device houses a 600W power supply, while the larger case houses two GeForce GTX 1080 graphics cards, an overclocked Intel Core i7 processor (6700K?) And, oddly enough, an optical drive that writes Blu-ray and DVD discs. ... The amount of RAM can be up to 64 GB, and the number of M.2 SSD-drives is 4 pcs.

A
Amarelius 30.12.20

Yes, in my youth I bother with the selection of components, because there was time for this and there was no money. Now everything is exactly the opposite. Do you think I will bother assembling or will I buy a ready-made one right away? )))

R
Raykor 30.12.20

Amarelius
So I'm talking about too, it's much easier for me to buy a ready-made PC, even if I overpay a little, moreover, it must necessarily be from good components from well-known manufacturers, and not from non-names, which will fly quickly and will not show the declared performance. By the way, an external power supply, how convenient and profitable is it?

J
Ju St 30.12.20

I don’t know, I didn’t use it) Let's take, for example, this very G31, what kind of components is used there? Is everything branded? But I somehow did not come across cases and power supplies of this company)

m
maxzeva 30.12.20

Well, you must understand that naturally this is unrealistic. Well, definitely it will be a motherboard and a video one hundred percent, the rest should be watched whose.

J
Ju St 30.12.20

So this is where you can see it, and then curiosity just tears to pieces) In the case of Asus, at least presumably, That there is something branded, which not everyone can boast of) Does the package include only a system unit?

A
Allinos 30.12.20

The system manager with all the components that you wrote about above, and the power supply unit. Will there be any other goodies for now, but it is unlikely that something else is needed here) Or do you think otherwise?

R
Raykor 30.12.20

allividic
I've read that there will also be a mouse and keyboard in the kit, which is not bad, since they are usually not in assemblies. And let's start with the fact that none of your friends will have such a cool building)

m
maxzeva 30.12.20

Of the purchased ones, yes. and there are also self-assembled ones, and here there are enough of them. It's a matter of convenience and practicality.

M
MuSStafA 30.12.20

Excerpt from the note: “Asus notes the ROG G31 Edition 10 features automatic overclocking with a simple push of a button and a cooling system that includes a“ 3D ”vapor chamber. The computer will be equipped with an ESS DAC for high quality audio. " Maybe I'm not in the subject, but somehow I did not come across homemade products with a separate acceleration button. And the DAC is a very nice addition. Again, our own production, as I understand it.

P
Pavel Rusakovich 30.12.20

MuSStafA
DAC - will it be here in the form of a separate board or is it soldered to the motherboard? Does anyone know exactly how it is organized? It's just that in addition to gaming, I like to listen to music on good speakers.

M
MuSStafA 30.12.20

No idea. What's the difference? The main thing is its presence. It turns out that in addition to the DAC, there is also a dedicated amplifier for headphones.

R
Raykor 30.12.20

By the way, the question is, how convenient and practical is an external power supply unit? I just never met with this, I used to have more traditional systems)

M
MunchkiN 616 30.12.20

if the computer is not supposed to be moved or modified then what difference does it make. there are monitors with an external power supply. Back in the day, these skinny router-sized computers were popular - they also had an external power supply.

J
Ju St 30.12.20

Raykor
I think you yourself understand that Claudia Clave is different. And for some reason, I don’t remember that Asus was engaged in the production of keyboards. Does anyone know the details? Mechanics, right?

P
Pavel Rusakovich 30.12.20

Ju St
I think that they put the Claudia there, from some partners. Asus does not make Claudia. As I was told for beginner gamers, the mouse and keyboard will roll, but for the pros, you will definitely need to buy another. The only question is different, if, for example, a configuration where you can refuse a mouse and keyboard? Still, it costs money ...

m
maxzeva 30.12.20

About what kind of keyboard the asus will have at all, not a word, and how not looking. Have not found. If you have any specific information, then throw proof, and there is nothing to reason about

J
Ju St 30.12.20

I just assume that the package bundle will be in the best Asus traditions. other desktops have keyboard + mouse included by default. But we can only say for sure when the model goes on sale. By the way, will regular retailers have it or only branded ones?