3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Skydeggans 30.12.20 01:17 am

Bad fps, good pc.

Hello. My configuration: i5-4460, Asus Gtx 960 strix (no factory overclocked), 8gb RAM, gigabyte motherboard on 81 chipset, 500 watt PSU (certified). It seems to be a normal, average configuration at the moment, only FPS gives out worse than it should be. The most striking example: CS: GO, I don't understand at all what the FPS depends on in this game, then it stays in the region of 100-120 on any server with any graphics settings and resolution, while it seems that when the settings are lowered, the FPS only drops, after reinstalling 180-230, after a week, magically, the average FPS drops to 100-150 everywhere, after - reinstallation, but there is no increase. GTA 5: in some places 60-70 frames at high (no MSAA, everything except tessellation, grass, effects and, in my opinion, reflections on ultras, soft shadows pre-pre-last, in additional, only the item that does not eat FPS is included), and in some places in the city center, on the highway and in other difficult places 40-45, or even all 35-37, sometimes it sinks for a second or two below. At the same time, the processor is heavily loaded, in the region of 90-100%, 80-90 if it does not sink to 40, when 100% of the CPU load and 50 - maximum 70% of the video card are sinking. (GTA, if anything, a pirate). Skyrim (also pirate) of the legendary edition with high-cut textures also sometimes "pleases" 37-45 fps. Shadow of Mordor (pirate, you guessed it) 50-60 frames instead of 60-80 for people with the same configuration (overclocking, by the way, doesn't help me much). Temperatures: about 60 degrees video card, 60-65 processor (default shit cooler). I periodically clean the system with CCleaner, checked for the presence of viruses, any software does not load the system, Windows on this PC never reinstalled (collected in November 2015). By the way, objects are loaded at a fairly low distance for high grafon settings (in GTA5, and in general, after 30 minutes, there were wild friends, but there the MB repack was lousy), in the Witcher 3 I noticed this for a long time, like only in cities, also in Skyrim. I play a little, so I didn't attach any importance to this before, I played almost only in The Witcher 3 and sinned on repack, the average FPS was 10 percent lower than in the benchmarks of other people with the same config and GPU frequency, as well as the minimum FPS was much lower , then I didn't play at all, in May I started to play all sorts of toys again and was already getting hot from all this, I realized that it was not about pirates, in the same licensed 3 battle in multiplayer mixes, the FPS is 10-15 percent lower than that of people with identical iron.
19 Comments
Sort by:
B
Bomber 30.12.20

check the frequencies of the video card and processor, whether they are reset during the game, play in the window and open the task manager, set the priority on the CPU load and see what the processor loads in addition to the game when it is 100% loaded and the FPS failures, and also look not overloaded whether the hard drive is at this time.

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

Bomber
Frequencies do not drop directly during the game, only in the menu. Nothing but a game does not load the CPU. By the way, except in GTA 5, I do not observe the load up to 100%, and even there now, for some reason, unlike the result during the day, showed no more than 95% load in complex scenes, but it is the GPU load there that drops to half or a little more result, and vidyuha in general seems to rarely load above 70-80%, in Middle-earth the CPU is loaded up to 60-80% and the video card is loaded up to 80-100%, and in Skyrim 50% is both the CPU and the GPU, that when 60 fps, that when 41-45. In the Witcher, even when I played it, the cp was loaded in places at 95-100%, but this depends on the location. I didn't really understand how to monitor the load of the railway, I didn't find a kind of regularity between jumps on the chart and drawdowns of FPS.

B
Bomber 30.12.20

Skydeggans the
fact that in GTA loads the processor up to 100% is normal, but in Skyrim it’s strange, I don’t know what’s the matter. Usually, FPS drops with a low load on the percent and the video card when the HDD is busy. Does the red light on the system unit light up often when you play? in the same place in the task manager there is a line of load on the hard disk. maybe it doesn't work well for you? Although HZ, I have not encountered this before.

L
Listoman 30.12.20

Well, in the gtashka, the procyclist simply does not take out, and in the ksochka multi-core processing can be disabled

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

Listoman
Processing in cs is included. And as for whether the procyclist takes out or not, no matter how much I watched the performance tests of the same hardware on YouTube, the graphics card load is 100% there, and the CPU load is noticeably lower than mine.

L
Listoman 30.12.20

Skydeggans Have
you thought about miners? It is also possible that Windows has a lock for the number of cores)

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

Listoman
Didn't think, I don't know what it is at all lol. Where can I check if there is a lock for the number of cores?

B
Bomber 30.12.20

Skydeggans
open the task manager / performance, click on the graph there logical processors and 4 windows should appear if 4 cores are active and all should be equally loaded approximately

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

Bomber
No cores locked

B
Bomber 30.12.20

Skydeggans
HZ, it's a failure. try to spread your brains.

l
lookaway 30.12.20

Skydeggans wrote:
How to monitor the loading of the railway, I did not really figure it out
Spoiler

strange jumps in FPS. I would say that it is overheating, but 65 degrees is not the same temperature, it seems to me. and in GTA the FPS should not go down to 45 from 60 (unless it's just a one-time jump).

try to monitor the load on the percent through the dispatcher. Sometimes my antivirus goes crazy and it starts some of its checks when I play, because of which the brakes drive up.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.12.20

a lot of letters there is little specific information about the pitch, it
can contain a memory of one plate for 8 gibubs from some kind of crash or samsung,
and at the test stand, the mower dominator 2 scarves under 2 GHz with extreme timings.
Further, actually why such a FPS and not another, despite the fact that the FPS is large enough to roll up is difficult. play the role of both the driver and the installation of the video card drivers and, ultimately, the system components separately.
if the computer is also designed to access the Internet, I encountered such a problem that the browser accumulated scripts from which the pitch worked somewhat slower.
In zhta5 I think 8 gigs are not enough. everyone who writes about friezes usually has the same friezes in 30 minutes. the rest is the processor.
Skyrim engine is not optimized and with mods it is not possible to say why it works like that. when I started to equip graphote there, I got drawdowns of up to 20 fps on the processor in some places. Its meaning to discuss is not
at the expense of other games I do not know.
In the cops, I think the procuhaned potsons go to the driver and manually put shit quality. with the same trick, I go and put an ultra cool quality and lose up to 10 fps despite the favorable winds in the video card and its overclocking itself is higher than the stated figures. and finally, on budget cards without slays, you can get quite noticeable differences in manipulating mip maps af and smoothing alpha textures

s
sonovv 30.12.20

Skydeggans
I have a similar system, too, 960 also intel 4 cores 8 GB of RAM, the same and 90% sure that this is thanks to the nvidia drivers the same thing in ks and gta 5. advice from me, turn off vertical sync + I turn off chrome, how does it load the processor and then I get a full GPU load

B
Blacksid 30.12.20

You put the rivatuner, calculate the minimum fps in the game, add the game to the rivatuner, set the local of the minimum fps - profit.
Ps I do not understand what settings you are setting, personally I have gtx 960+ FX6300 4.1 GHz, if you do not set anti-aliasing msaa, then everything is bearable, the fps is exactly higher than the one that you wrote. Otherwise, you need a better percentage and video

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

lookaway
Monitor, only Skype works in the background, sometimes steam and the afterburner itself for monitoring, I don't use antivirus at all, I use Cure It periodically, nothing from the background loads the system. Now I'll check the load on the railway.
MunchkiN 616
Does GTA5 need 8GB if it consumes 4-6GB? In my pitch there is 1 Kingston bar, one of those that is not "ULTRA YOBA GAMING SERIES", the usual green, without a radiator, 1666 MHz. As for how all these RAM frequencies affect the performance, I clearly remember a video where 800 mhz RAM is compared with one bar and 1666 mhz with two bars, the difference is monstrous: 2-3 fps. I don’t have any mods for skurim, this is a DLC from abyss, without it the FPS drawdowns are exactly the same. In cs, my fps does not change even from lowering the graph from ultra, 1080p to 1280x960 and low (or rather, it changes: for the worse).

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

There is no definite pattern between drawdowns and an increase in the load on the railway, which is in terms of indicator, where in mb / s, which is in percentage, which is according to the schedule. Sometimes it sags a little and jumps + 40%, sometimes it sags more and the indicators from the monitoring remain at a low level

_
_Watermelon_ 30.12.20

MunchkiN 616
can have a memory in it with one plate for 8 gibubs from some kind of smashed or Samsung,
and at the test stand, a mower dominator 2 scarves under 2 GHz with extreme timings
What?

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 30.12.20

Skydeggans wrote:
Skyrim (also pirate) of the legendary edition with high-cut textures also sometimes "pleases" 37-45 fps.
Check how much will be on 2k textures and shadows. The resolution is 1920x1080, does the vidyahi have 2 GB of video memory?

S
Skydeggans 30.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
Yes, Full HD, 2gb