3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
North_Petrol 30.12.20 01:29 am

Spec OPS: The Line (Spec Ops: The Line) storyline ambiguities

First of all, I must note that the very plot of the game really hooked me not only with its originality, but also with its intricacy and extremely large number of details. I played the game 3 times, collected all the intelligence, and all these times I tried to delve into the narrative and, in general, I got a single picture.

Please tell me if I am right in my reasoning? Here's what I got from the whole game:

Colonel Konrad is a great officer. This is recognized by his soldiers of the 33rd Battalion of the Damned, the best infantry battalion (as we know from the game) in the US Army, which he commands, and they are loyal to him (see the soldier's interview in the intelligence section of the Battle chapter).
Before the storms in Dubai, he was involved in the modern Afghan war. Our GG - Captain Walker - knew this colonel not by hearsay - they fought together there, in Afghanistan. It was Konrad who saved Walker there (when Walker was seriously wounded by the Taliban, Konrad dragged him half a mile to the helicopter). Plus, during that war, a military journalist collaborated with Konrad - the same DJ in Dubai, who had already abandoned journalism by the time he arrived in the UAE.
Judging from Konrad's psycho-profile, which is in the intelligence, he, due to his failure (which one is not known) in Afghanistan, has "post-traumatic stress disorder", which can lead to unpredictable events. Plus, from this psycho-profile, one can learn that the colonel also has a "moral callousness", that is, he does not experience any moral restrictions in his actions.

Now abnormal sandstorms are starting in Dubai. At first, the sandy winds that began were not so anomalous, there was almost no damage from them. But these winds did not stop, but on the contrary - each time they gained more and more strength. Apparently, when the storms had already begun to acquire a truly anomalous character, then the local authorities announced the impending natural disaster in the news and told the residents to stay calm. The latter, like a fool, obeyed, while the politicians and the rich in Dubai were already packing their suitcases and leaving the city on airplanes very first, much earlier than ordinary residents of Dubai (this is described in detail in intelligence data, according to which local politicians and rich people dumped from Dubai in 2 days before the news was alerted).
Thus, Dubai with the rest of the inhabitants was completely left to the destruction of the rapidly gaining strength of anomalous sandstorms.
All this background is taken from the official website: www.specopstheline.com/us/#fall-of-dubai.
The "Life After the Storm" intelligence from the "Battle" chapter describes this anomalous natural phenomenon itself: "It is sand flying at a speed of 80 miles per hour, breaking glass, ripping skin from the body, stuffing into the lungs."
Thus, considering:
1) How destructive the storms have become.
2) The fact that local leaders simply threw ordinary residents.
3) And also the fact that the storms cut off these residents from the outside world, it becomes clear that the remnants of the local authorities could not carry out the evacuation normally and already all the inhabitants of Dubai were left to die in the storm-torn city helpless in front of this element and unable to leave the city ...

At this time, Konrad was carrying out the order - the withdrawal of his battalion from Afgan. But he disobeyed the order given to him and with all his fighters, during the withdrawal, went to Dubai in order to evacuate the residents there, imprisoned in a natural "sand trap". Since the soldiers subordinate to him respected him and were loyal to him, they went with Konrad, i.e. agreed to violate the order to return to America. In their homeland, in the United States, the government regarded this negatively and, since If the order was violated, then Konrad with his 33rd "Damned" quite logically rose to the rank of "traitors / deserters" in the States.
I would like to dwell on this point, because it is he who is least clarified in the game. Nowhere is it written how the colonel found out about the storms, how he reached Dubai with a whole battalion (especially through anomalous sandstorms). In general, it seems to me a bit delusional, but nevertheless, the fact remains - Colonel Konrad with the "Damned" unauthorizedly invaded the dying Dubai and also voluntarily undertook to evacuate the remaining residents there without any reason and without any reward for this. It should be remembered that he arrived in the city not only with his fighters, but also with that journalist-DJ, who is his friend and whom he trusts very much.

This evacuation itself turns out to be a difficult task: the amount of water remaining in Dubai is comparatively limited for thousands of people (everything is stored in the reservoir, which we capture in the plot), there is also a strong shortage of food, anomalous storms pose an extremely high threat to human life + ties with the headquarters because of the winds, no. The battalion centrally distributes water from the reservoir to all surviving residents + food in the same way + keeps order among the residents and prevents the spread of panic. We must pay tribute to the "Damned" - without all this, the survivors of Dubai would have perished. But this centralized regime, this maintenance of order among the survivors, was a real dictatorship: those who stole supplies were shot; those who did not obey the military, they were shot in the same way (for order in the midst of such a total catastrophe can only be maintained by tough measures) and so on in the same spirit. Many residents did not want to endure this forced martial law and were on the verge of rebellion, they hated the Americans. But since there was no other alternative and the 33rd ensured at least some existence of the survivors, then not everyone was on the verge of rebellion. But even some officers from the battalion did not agree with such a harsh military regime, which Konrad established to save the remaining residents. He also eliminated them. Moreover, in cruel ways (burned and, as it were, hung on poles), his "moral callousness", which I mentioned earlier, affects. Since there was no other alternative and the 33rd provided at least some kind of existence for the survivors, not everyone was on the verge of rebellion. But even some officers from the battalion did not agree with such a harsh military regime, which Konrad established to save the remaining residents. He also eliminated them. Moreover, in cruel ways (burned and, as it were, hung on poles), his "moral callousness", which I mentioned earlier, affects. Since there was no other alternative and the 33rd provided at least some kind of existence for the survivors, not everyone was on the verge of rebellion. But even some officers from the battalion did not agree with such a harsh military regime that Konrad established in order to save the remaining residents. He also eliminated them. Moreover, in cruel ways (burned and, as it were, hung on poles), his "moral callousness", which I mentioned earlier, affects.
There is no connection with the outside world due to the incessant storms, it is not possible to withdraw the remnants of civilians, the atmosphere of rebellion among the people (and even among the command staff) is heating up. The military regime for citizens, meanwhile, does not work, violators of the established strict order are still being killed. Nevertheless, most of the civilians appreciate the fact that the "Damned" somehow save them.

The US government somehow knows that the battalion and the colonel are in Dubai. And secretly they send CIA operatives there to find out what the "Damned" are doing there.
The CIA reconnoitered the entire situation and here are the conclusions that were drawn from everything that was reconnoitered:
1) US troops (a whole infantry battalion) invaded the territory of a foreign country, having absolutely no right to do so (and this is a gross violation of international law).
2) The troops established a harsh regime for the civilians. Some of the civilians (how many are not known) die from such a regime. It turns out that the US army even kills the surviving residents of Dubai. Although not all, but nevertheless.
3) Whatever the noble purpose for which all these acts were done, in fact in the world it will be regarded as the US invasion of the UAE, and the military regime of Konrad, established to carry out the evacuation, will be regarded as a natural American occupation.
The CIA understood that if the world community became aware of everything, then the third point would come true. And the entire region will then declare war on the United States, from which the United States will certainly not win. Operative Riggs tells us this when we find him half under the truck.
But due to the storms, no one from the outside world knew what was happening in Dubai (it is possible that the UAE themselves did not even know about the presence of the 33rd in Dubai). Therefore, in order to prevent the penetration of any information about the actions of the 33rd, the CIA decides to bury all this truth together with all the military. To do this, they somehow miraculously provide those civilians who are ready to go against the evacuation regime of Konrad with weapons (how, where and who supplied these weapons to Dubai, which is being destroyed by storms), thereby forming a real army of rebels (their number is unknown, but, judging by the course of the game, there are a lot of them) who are fighting against the "Damned". Those. The CIA works together with the rebels, which are used rather as "cannon fodder" to achieve the MAIN PURPOSE. And the main goal of the CIA is the reservoir. After all, only from it all the water supplies for all survivors are drawn and without water in Dubai everyone will die => die and the whole truth about everything that happened in the city. Therefore, the CIA must seize this reservoir, steal all the water from there, leave the whole of Dubai to die of thirst and in a couple of days everyone will die, and the whole truth about what happened will die.
But the 33rd is not going to surrender so easily (it is possible that some of the battalion's soldiers nevertheless deserted, but the total mass continued to be subordinate to Konrad) and between the "Damned" and the rebels + the CIA there is a protracted military conflict, due to which even more die people and ensuring the survival of civilians becomes even more difficult, and the CIA still cannot get to the reservoir. Judging by the fact that this conflict was harmful to both sides, the rebels from the CIA team establish a temporary truce with the "Damned".

Two points remain unrevealed here:
1) Where and how the CIA operatives from Dubai received weapons and provided them with the rebels. It is also not clear who made the decision to "bury the whole truth" - directly the CIA from Dubai or their command from the United States?
2) When exactly did Konrad commit suicide? During the 33rd war with the rebels, or even before the arrival of the CIA? This moment is also not told in the game.
But one thing is clear for sure: Konrad could not get people out of Dubai, the losses among the survivors grew and grew. In fact, Konrad failed the evacuation initiated by him and sends a well-known signal to the outside world "This is Colonel Konrad. The evacuation of Dubai ended in complete failure. The losses are ... great ..." so that at least someone could hear him from the outside. And the reason for his suicide is also clear: in Afghanistan, he once suffered a major failure => he has post-traumatic disorder, which can lead to unpredictable consequences => in Dubai, he also suffered a huge failure: he could not evacuate people, so also the losses among them great and all this is on his conscience => this huge failure + mental disorder and led him to suicide (he had a disorder, but he was not crazy - this is also very important to understand here).
But, be that as it may, Konrad leaves the order to the entire battalion before committing suicide to "hold on to the last and save the survivors" and after Konrad the "Damned" is supervised (tobish directs) the same DJ-journalist who has access to radio stations in many places in Dubai.

So, when there is still a shaky truce on the front between the 33 and the rebels, and the CIA has not yet managed to take the reservoir, Captain Walker enters the city with his squad. Their goal is to find out what happened to Konrad.
According to Walker's translated audio magazine (http://ps3hits.ru/archives/103743), he volunteered for this task to find Konrad:
"So why did I volunteer? Two reasons. First, if the mission seems silly at first glance, in fact there will be a ton of shit. Who better to shovel shit if not Delta Force? Second, I owe John Conrad my life. It was he who in Afghanistan dragged the bleeding me on him for almost a kilometer to the point of evacuation. So when the chance presented itself to repay the debt and save the life of the hero Konrad, I could not pass by. "
It also states that from his own squad, he was close to Adams:
"With Adams, we have been fighting together for a long time, we have covered each other's backs more than once, so we are more than just colleagues."

The task itself did not initially imply that you would have to kill, especially the soldiers of your own country. Walker is sent with the squad after someone (also unknown who) receives the same signal Konrad, which he sent before the suicide. As we enter the city, the truce comes to an end - the conflict between the rebels and the military flares up again with renewed vigor. This truce was interrupted due to an attack by armed rebels on a detachment of warriors near a wrecked passenger plane. I want to note right away that it was not Walker who destroyed the truce with his intervention, but the rebels (remember, when we first find a fresh corpse of a soldier in the hummer, and then these marauders climb out - it was they who killed the soldier, which is unacceptable during a truce). The DJ says the same on the radio: "Dastardly attack on the 33rd battalion. That's it, guys,
The "damned" also retaliate, simultaneously putting pressure on peaceful civilians (when Walkrea met with the battalion's detachments, the latter even fired at the civilians and took them somewhere). But first things first. For all rebels, any soldier in the US Army is evil incarnate, no matter if it is a Delta fighter or from the 33rd Battalion of the Damned. Therefore, we first conduct battles with these rebels, who are initially set against us. Then the 33rd still begins to fight against us, Walker and his fighters are trying to understand what is happening and are diligently looking for Konrad. At the same time, they are faced with the indignation of the local civilian population, tk. Walker and his fighters destroy those who protected these civilians and provided water + food.
The most important thing in this war begins, after Walker accidentally incinerated civilians when he fired at one of the military camps, our captain begins to go slowly crazy. He wanted to be a hero (first to repay the debt to Konrad, then to become his judge in the course of events), and instead became a war criminal. He himself does not want to put up with this truth inside himself and therefore invents his own truth, in which he shifts the blame from himself to Konrad, who by that time has long been rotting in his citadel. Well, only then, in full, it gradually flies off the coils: he hears Konrad's imaginary voice over a walkie-talkie in which there are no batteries (a kind of confrontation between the consciousness of the still not quite crazy Walker with his invented truth, in which Konrad is guilty of everything), instead of the hanged corpses to him living people crumple and instead of a stormtrooper, our GG imagines a dead Lugo. There it is clear from Walker's imaginary dialogue). and instead of a stormtrooper, our GG imagines a dead Lugo. There it is clear from Walker's imaginary dialogue).
But besides the fact that Walker, with the help of his fighters, destroys those who defended the civilians, and at the same time kills several dozen of these same civilians, the main character will also destroy the entire city. Those. seizes with operative Riggs all the water from the reservoir, Riggs decides that this water should not get to anyone and destroys all the trucks with tanks and voila - all of Dubai is doomed to extinction from thirst. And if not for Walker, then this epic with the reservoir would not have happened. So Walker in one way or another doomed all civilians to death. Those who, at the cost of incredible cruelty, were rescued by Konrad with the 33rd battalion + white phosphorus burned several dozen civilians + killed the remnants of the 33rd, soldiers of his own country.

And at the end of the game, after everything that happened, we are given a choice:
1) Or admit the obvious fact that the deaths of thousands (or even more) of peaceful people whom they tried to save are precisely Walker's own fault. Konrad is not a madman, not a murderer or a deserter, and he is not guilty of the actions of our hero. With this awareness, there is only one way out - a bullet in your forehead.
2) Have the courage to deny the obvious. Deny your own guilt in the acts and consequences committed. Then we will survive, but either we will finally become a brutal maddened killer, a real reflection of Dubai, or we will leave with a group of US Army soldiers who came to our aid. In this case, the psychiatric hospital for the hero, it seems to me, will not be the last measure, because you still have to testify to the authorities about what happened in Dubai, and Walker's actions are a war crime, so judge how a military tribunal will decide his short-lived fate.

That's all I understood from the plot of Spec OPS: The Line.

But I do not understand 2 moments from the epilogue:
1) When Captain Walker leaves with the rescuers, what did this dialogue mean, namely Walker's answer?
- military: "Captain, I would like to ask you how you were able to go through all this?"
- Walker: "I couldn't"
2) When we start to resist the rescuers and they kill us, then what is the point of hearing the dying Walker of his old conversation with Konrad?
30 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anton Shamardin 30.12.20

North_Petrol
1. Everything is simple here, at the end the screen turns white (as in the course of the game more than once), implying that these are hallucinations of the main hero.
2. The meaning is simple, no one is going anywhere, because the whole epilogue is just another glitch of the hero.

if you believe the words of the chief screenwriter, then everyone will determine the end of the game for himself.
However, according to him, everything that happened after the helicopter crash was Walker's torment in hell or purgatory for everything he did. And the image of Konrad that is buggy to him can be perceived both as a sense of guilt and as a glitch of a madman.

"For me, everything after the crash is Walker kind of reliving the hell of what he had just done," says Williams. "You can even interpret Konrad as being not necessarily a delusion inside his mind, but some kind of external projection of his guilt in this purgatory or hell or afterlife, or however you choose to view it."

That said, Williams notes one last, vital visual trick. "Any time the game is doing a normal transition, it'll fade to black. Any time Walker is hallucinating, or lying to himself, in a kind of delusional fashion, the game will fade to white," he says. "The entire epilogue sequence where Walker goes home, it fades to white. Even if you are not reading that Walker died in the chopper crash, it is meant to be understood that Walker is hallucinating going home."

N
Nemesis 30.12.20

1) The CIA could well have a stable transport channel for the supply of weapons. After all, the operation was large-scale and it is unlikely that everything was done only on the spot.
2) If my memory serves me, Konrad made an attempt to withdraw a group of people, but another storm covered them and thousands of people died. As a result, he realized that there was no way out and broke down. This happened before Walker's arrival.
3) The words "I could not" can mean a lot. For example, that he did not go through Dubai, but in his mind will forever remain here. Or, if you put victory in the concept of "pass", then "I could not" means that I did not win, but even lost. Something like this ))

U
ULTR19 30.12.20

If there are any living here, respond. I am unclear about some details that have little to do with the plot, but still.
Is that why Dubai is different in the game? Where has Burj Khalifa (the tallest building in the world) gone? Where are so many skyscrapers coming from ??
There is a misunderstanding with the Water Colosseum. This is not a reservoir, but a sports pool, which means that the water there is chlorinated and it is impossible to drink it.
Where does the 33rd have mortar ammunition filled with white phosphorus, if it is prohibited for use?
The same question about the French FAMAS assault rifles in service with the battalion.
And an important plot question: why were the "Delta" fighters sent after Konrad, if there were already CIA agents in the city who could perform this task?

N
North_Petrol 30.12.20

Anton, who is the chief scriptwriter of the game?

Nemesis why Konrad's gamble failed is not clear. No, well, it is clear that due to storms, extremely extreme weather difficulties, etc. like that. Only I doubt that only one storm, albeit a large-scale one, was able to stop a whole battalion of the best infantrymen. Well, the phrase "I could not," does not give final rest when I remember it. It can really mean a lot, but what exactly is left to guess :)

ULTR19, probably this tower does not exist due to the fact that it somehow did not fit into the plot / atmosphere. You need to ask the developers themselves. And so in the game there are a lot of skyscrapers, as in real Dubai.
The pool could be converted to store fresh water, and all chlorinated water, say, could be distributed in turn for the technical needs of the army.
But with white phosphorus you put me at a standstill)) They themselves would not have been able to make shells in buried Dubai. Maybe the Damned were given it in limited quantities in Afghanistan? Well, there, on a military secret, let's say. Or maybe it's not that forbidden. Honestly, I also wondered where they got it from.
FAMAS from the Amer. troops - beyond the ordinary, to be honest. Well, here the developers just fantasized while creating the game :)

And about the purpose of sending Delta. Here I have one version: first, the CIA was sent to Dubai. It is possible that the operatives have lost contact with the headquarters. Or they have agreed to terminate communication with the headquarters, because it is impossible to communicate over long distances through anomalous storms. And they entered Dubai, acting on their own, without orders from the United States. Therefore, the command did not know how the task was being carried out. Therefore, they needed someone who could check how the CIA officers did their job. And this required a small group of well-trained fighters. And then Walker, hearing the name "Conrad", immediately volunteers, taking Adams and Lugo with him into the squad (all this is described in detail in Walker's audio journal). That's how the Delta squad was sent.

U
ULTR19 30.12.20

Only I doubt that only one storm, albeit a large-scale one, was able to stop a whole battalion of the best infantrymen.
Sand has an extremely negative effect on the technique, as it gets clogged into all cracks, incl. and the engine. Also, the wheels simply get stuck in the sand.

By the way, in real Dubai there are not very many skyscrapers, they stand, mainly, only along the Sheikh Zeid highway.
If the water that was originally in the pool was drained, then where was the drinking water from?

And they entered Dubai, acting on their own, without orders from the United States.
Well, why do agents need it?

N
North_Petrol 30.12.20

ULTR19, I didn't think about the technique, thanks for prompting. Well, what about skyscrapers in Dubai. There are 38 of them, of various sizes, but at least 220 meters high (well, this is already taken from Wikipedia). But how many of them there are in the game - I don't know.
As for water: we could collect all the drinking supplies from other reservoirs, if there were any in the city. Other ideas do not come to mind ..

Well, why do agents need it?
How is that ?! The CIA had a task: to investigate what Konrad was doing with his battalion there in Dubai. I think that the agents themselves, without orders from their command (after all, contacting the command through anomalous storms seems to be unrealistic), after carefully analyzing the actions of the 33rd, decided to hide the truth from the world (this is just in the spirit of the CIA). That is, those agents in Dubai acted independently, without orders from the top of the Office; independently performed the task that they themselves set themselves - to bury the truth, so that there would be no international scandal that would definitely not benefit the States. This is the job of the CIA - to protect the United States.

U
ULTR19 30.12.20

North_Petrol
Ordinary agents who simply follow orders from their superiors cannot arbitrarily resolve international problems and make decisions without the consent from above.

Here's a simple example: one person kills another. A police officer who has arrived at the scene cannot take and hold a trial over the killer, pronounce a sentence and execute him.

N
North_Petrol 30.12.20

ULTR19, and so the fact of the matter is that those agents were by no means ordinary. An entire US battalion unauthorizedly invaded the territory of a foreign state, moreover, where deadly anomalous natural phenomena are happening. And it was necessary to investigate all this. Naturally, for such a case, which smelled like international, the CIA needed proven employees, veterans of their business, in order to carefully and secretly complete the task. So those trusted employees were sent, and those, in turn, inveterate defenders of the States, realized that such an international scandal should not be allowed, and decided to conduct everything on their own.
I am sure that the authorities, if the operatives would have successfully buried everything, they would have praised such actions, tk. then a whole world scandal against the United States would have been warned.
And to compare the CIA (especially special agents) with the police, in my opinion, is wrong. Indeed, the former have much more power and freedom to carry out their secret and, often, dirty work than the latter.

Well, that's what I think. I don’t know how the writers intended.

U
ULTR19 30.12.20

North_Petrol
Well, maybe ...

J
Janu_111 30.12.20

There are a lot of inconsistencies in the plot. Let's say a certain anomalous zone is formed in the UAE, brought in by a sand tsunami. Then the whole region should be taken into account, since storms cannot come from nowhere and they must be born somewhere. Hence it follows that almost the entire Arabian Peninsula is covered with sand, even if the Persian Gulf has become shallow.
On this basis, there is an assumption of a certain local apocalypse concerning the Arab countries. Judging by what I saw in the game, it is physically impossible to get to Dubai during a storm, and the breaks between storms are too small for the soldiers to safely enter the city during the game with all the recaptured equipment.
Secondly, it is highly doubtful that the American battalion, which was previously in a hot spot, and not at a resort, would suddenly decide to violate the order without permission and move to help the residents of Dubai, to whom they should have absolutely nothing to do. At the very least, they certainly wouldn't be paid for this work.
For such a matter as assistance to the affected region, a special humanitarian mission is formed with a composition formed under the auspices of the UN or the League of Arab States.
During such emergencies, people always unite and help each other, and do not pour lead from all holes. Troops without command never fight in an organized manner, but are divided into small groups of interests. The game's plot is contrary to human nature.

How Colonel Konrad saw the rescue of civilians in Dubai, if everything that we saw during the game was sometimes a kind of concentration camp, and sometimes just madness. And where was he going to lead people in the desert, or did Konrad decide to play the role of Moses?

As they say, the devil is in the details, and every detail of the plot was absurd and lifeless. For example, during the game, the rebels generously poured lead on the GG, while according to intelligence they had just barely enough ammunition.

You cannot blame the protagonist for any crimes, if the bar is not even moral, but banal reality in visible Dubai has melted to the state of a puddle in the sand. All that I saw during the game were the corpses of the rebels, civilians, dissenters from the 33rd battalion in different positions, hanged, burned, agonizing.

In places I thought I was back in Bulletstorm. In some ways, the atmosphere of violence and reality in these games has something in common. Half of the game did not leave a feeling of nutty and absurdity of the situation in which the GG found himself.

If Konrad was already mummified in his chair, then who then sent the soldiers to the Delta after DJ's death?
The tension should have slept, but it increased. It doesn't work that way!

I want to note the sophisticated AI of the enemy. The shootings were extremely fierce to a pain in the head, especially towards the end.

A
Anton Shamardin 30.12.20

I repeat, according to my data, after the helicopter crash, no one survived, and everything that happens in the game is the memories and punishment of Walker for his actions.

And as for the difficulty, yes, I wanted to go to "Certain Death" for the sake of achievement, but after two chapters I spat on this venture

North_Petrol there are no special problems with English, read the view of Walt Williams, I meant it

S
Soviet Navy 30.12.20

In fact, Konrad with the 33rd battalion did not invade Dubai without permission. He volunteered and was dispatched by US command to evacuate civilians. He violated the order when the evacuation failed and he was ordered to withdraw the battalion from the UAE, but he refused. This is stated both in Walker's diary and in the game itself. And the CIA agents did not act on their own. The intelligence found says that one of the operatives went to the leadership with a report "which they will definitely not like."

S
Sihth 30.12.20

By the way !! Remember the very first battle where you were told to shoot at the glass. So !!! When the video was shown before the battle, the bus also got into the frame, and with the killed insurgents. And at the end of the video, you could see how they rise. And I don’t remember exactly one more thing, but when you fly in a helicopter, doesn’t he say that it was somewhere. And it seems to me that the gg himself screwed up his partners. when the enemies appeared with their faces, I think so, because in some chapter I fought with an imaginary juggernaut. And the picture at the end of the game, which only Mr. And she is in Konrad's citadel. There are more questions than answers. The truth is out there.

S
Sweety_Tang 30.12.20

Who is still alive here?)
In general, Walker really died in the helicopter, since:
1) in the mission after the crash (when you run to the aid of Adams) if you die, then the screen will fade white (which hints at a hallucination) and during After loading the restart, you will hear Konrad's voice. And after loading into the game, a white screen will enter us again, while Walker grabs his head with his hand and shakes it as if coming to his senses and the mission will repeat again.
2) in the helicopter Walker says that it was somewhere already. Or, after all, Walker does not die in a crash (but let's say he is dying, since at the very beginning of the game, when another helicopter crashes into us in a storm, we hear a dying down rotation blades and on the screen we are shown something very reminiscent of closing eyelids with a first-person view) but then everything that happens after flying on a turntable is purely hallucinations of a dying consciousness.

although I do not like these versions because they only confuse everything even more. These are rather versions for a more artistic elaboration of the contradictions and guilt of Walker (in other words, as the screenwriter said: `` For ME, everything ends with a helicopter, and the rest is purely remorse of the protagonists, no matter where, even in the fading mind of Walker. Determine the ending yourself, if not read that he died in a turntable "

if we take into account the fact that after the crash of the turntable all the glitches, then the topic with Colonel Konrad generally remains not disclosed, what is wrong with him, where is he, and so on ... Then walker, logically, should not understand at all that he has gone crazy because if he died, then accordingly, Konrad's body will never be found. That is why I say that the ending about which the screenwriter speaks is a purely artistic interpretation, because it completely concentrates on the guilt of Walker and the remorse of his conscience for incinerating innocent civilians (and the colonel is no longer important here, he is a projection of guilt, and the hero suffers only from - for civilians)

WHO THINKS DOES AGREE WITH ME)?

S
Sweety_Tang 30.12.20

and now as for sending the delta to dubai ... most likely, like at the beginning of the game, we are told the reconnaissance mission and we need to try to find survivors. because Adams says that there shouldn't have been people here at all, let alone the crazy DJ and that they began to shoot at them ....

So where am I leading. The CIA was sent to scout what was happening, they arrived, saw what Konrad had done and received an order to bury the truth. (The intelligence said that one crusader went with a report that the command would definitely not like and that it was scary to imagine what instructions would follow)

So I think that the delta was sent just in order for them to "control" the actions of the CIA ("we have an order. We will find someone - we leave Dubai, we get in touch, the headquarters sends a detachment, and we bring it home '') ... after all, if the Tsrushniki managed to destroy the storage and bury the truth, then the delta would not find anyone at all, but would simply wander around the dead city and return home, which means the mission of the CIA has been completed and the world community will never know about it ... But it turned out the opposite. and the delta gets into the thick of the battle and does not cut in at all what is going on here) Walker decides for himself without an order to get to the bottom of the truth ... well, then it rushed)))))

T
Tula Potsik 30.12.20

Sihth
The painting does not exist, nor does Konrad beside her. This is Guilt.
And who then destroyed the remnants of 33 and covered Walker if not Adams?
Sweety_Tang
I don't think everyone died in the helicopter.

E
Eduard_R 30.12.20

It's funny, but in Glushkov's novel "The Hunt" from the "Season of Disasters" series, the events take place in Dubai, where an abnormal sandstorm is raging.

e
emil1man 30.12.20

The dialogue at the end, it seems to me, is not

- Military: "Captain, I would like to ask you how you were able to go through all this?"
- Walker: "I couldn't,"

but rather like this:

- Military: "Captain, I would like to ask you how you were able to go through all this / survive in all this?"
- Walker: "Could I?"

M
Metroller 30.12.20

In my opinion, the words "I could not" mean that he broke down (when he saw a deified woman with a child, he began to show hallucinations) and blamed all the blame on Konrad (which is what your message says), who was dead.

M
Maria Khloptseva 30.12.20

Do not forget that at the end there is a scene where Walker tells his teammates that they need to get out - EXIT - from the city, and a shift should come in their place. Those. no one sent Walker to Dubai at all, Walker was part of the 33rd. He went crazy before the game even started, Adams and Lugo are dead BEFORE the game starts. Various details in the game indicate this. But here is where the game contradicts itself. Why did he go crazy then? In fact, Walker may have been alone the whole game, not only without allies, but also without opponents. Everything had already happened before the start of the game. In general, the message of the game is clear, it is only incomprehensible, are these small jambs exactly jambs, or is there some explanation for these inconsistencies?