3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
Zefman 30.12.20 01:32 am

Differences between Defense Point and Flak Cannon. Best Weapon (Stellaris)

I did not understand a little what the differences between the Defense Points and the Flak of the cannon, except for their size (S and L, respectively). Do they both shoot down missiles and fighters / bombers?
All weapons are very similar in terms of damage and energy consumption. But it feels like the energy weapon is the most powerful. Kinetic has no bonuses against shields or armor. The missiles fly for a long time - the target is almost destroyed, but a huge number of missiles are shot at it, which simply disappear after the target is destroyed, i.e. they flew in vain. Energy and bonuses has and removes damage immediately. Moreover, it is clear that he removes in advance, at the moment of the volley, and not at the moment of impact. It is strange that the developers have not balanced. Or am I missing something?
9 Comments
Sort by:
I
IIpocTo_urpok 30.12.20

I also don't fully understand. They wrote about kinetic weapons that they calmly pass through shields, but in reality this is not so. Energy is really the most profitable, but only in terms of buildup (with disintegrators and neutrons). The missile is easily countered, so it is suitable as a secondary weapon. But kinetic weapons have autocannons with huge DPS. I don’t know about the flak, but the points shoot not only at rockets and attack aircraft, but also at ships as soon as they enter their radius (of course, no damage, but still). This means that the flask also shoots at everything that moves, so you should not neglect them.

I
Ilya Rak 30.12.20

IIpocTo_urpok wrote: They wrote
about kinetic weapons that they calmly pass through shields, but in reality this is not so.
never wrote that. Why else would there be shields at all? It's just that kinetics are more effective in terms of armor.

Z
Zefman 30.12.20

I looked through my sectors and found a FUCKED CHIP.
Taking into account the ban on restructuring and the orientation of sectors on energy, Comp has built a bunch of engineering laboratories (up to 7 on one planet). NEVER set sector orientation towards science.
I even moved the capital from city to city so that the buildings were the best.
And the computer fucked up everything.
Brain explosion. The game has been removed.

S
Spillik 30.12.20

Ilya Rak
Lasers are effective on armor. When you create a race, the description of kinetic weapons says that they go well against shields.

S
SAHR 30.12.20

if kinetic is pumped to the maximum there will be artillery that destroys fleets very well

a
ace8927 30.12.20

SAHR
I put uu on the destroyers, it's cool to see how 20 destroyers from a long distance carry a fleet that is 5 times larger))

r
russia234 30.12.20

The point from the flask is affected by the range and damage (8-20, I don't remember the damage) Bonuses to penetration, damage, ignore only have energy.
Kinetics demolishes shields in close combat because of its rate of fire, and the autocannon cuts them corny, but its range is limited (xs. Because of what). So despite some inferiority of corvettes in battles of battleships, you can let them in so that the shields can be demolished (I wrote about my corvettes in the Ideal Fleet)

r
russia234 30.12.20

SAHR
She's faster , but not as long-range as the Tachyon.

z
z8TiREX8z 30.12.20

The kinetics is good at close range, the enemy's 20k fleet took out my 50k at close range very quickly, but at a distance from the kinect there is little use.