3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
x
xxx05 01.01.21 04:52 am

to select a video card for a motherboard?

I'm going to buy a video card with 3-4GB memory, I know that I will have to change the processor; I also have a rather old motherboard, but PCI 3.0 connectors are present. The question is: what else should be taken into account, and whether to pay attention to the board at all, the connectors are suitable
6 Comments
Sort by:
A
Aelix86 01.01.21

xxx05 There
are a lot of nuances . For example:
1. Processor socket (AMD is simpler with this than Intel).
2. RAM (now the era of DDR4 begins, but 3 is still nothing)
3. Power supply unit.
You yourself must understand what you want to get at the output and based on this, think about what and how to upgrade.

Ps according to your description of the system unit you cannot advise anything, tk. there is no description of the configuration of your PC, there is no information about your budget for the upgrade and, finally, no information about which video card you want to buy.

x
xxx05 01.01.21

Aelix86
So I just wanted to know what to look for, and then I will adjust to my budget, suddenly I have to change the processor and motherboard, in which case, for example, a video card will need to be taken cheaper

A
Aelix86 01.01.21

xxx05
It all depends on what kind of motherboard you have, if the socket is AM3, AM3 +, then you may not need to change it. Look at what processors your motherboard supports, and if you are going to take one of them, you will hardly have to change the motherboard. I do not know what kind of motherboard you have, what percentage, so it is difficult to advise anything specific.

M
MunchkiN 616 01.01.21

no need to pay attention to the version of psl express x16,
but if the processor is changed, most likely there will be a new mp.

x
xxx05 01.01.21

Aelix86
Thank you)

T
Tigers_Trust 01.01.21

In general, the mat fee is not taken into account when choosing a video card, if the mother is not 10 years old from the date of production.
It is more important to combine a processor and a video card, because if there is a power imbalance, the system will not be balanced and, as a result, you will have to save up again for an upgrade.