3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The s 05.01.21 09:20 am

Overclocking different dies

Friends, who fumble about overclocking, how the dies of one manufacturer are accelerated, but with different frequencies there are 2 dies, one was smashed 2400 cl 17 and the other 2666 cl 19, I don’t rummage in this at all I would like to know if it is possible to overclock them normally to 3000-3200?

19 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 05.01.21

The S
If the chips are the same then it should go better, but it's unlikely. The most suitable overclocking is not just frequency and primary timings, but overclocking of all parameters in general. If the platform is on Reisen, the situation will be slightly simplified by the Drum calculator from Jura 1usmus.
1. In your case, it is desirable to see the marking of the chips.
2. Download Typhoon Burner, save the XMP profile, load it into the calculator and find the best overclocking bar.
3. The bar with the worst overclocking should be set Closer to the process, as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer.
Well, empirically, already try to throw the frequency, and then everything else.
You can also try to overclock separately (in turn). With the worst overclocking, set the bar closer to the CPU and try to set its settings on both bars.

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
Thanks, we will try

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
Krch something burst out, it turned out the following started up at 3000 with timings of 18 17 17 48, I don't know if it's bad or normal, but I didn't feel the difference in performance

R
Ryazancev 05.01.21

The S
Performance can be quickly checked in AIDA64. Reading, Writing, Copying and Delays should increase. To see an increase in performance, most often you need to
1. put on the voltage. In your case, 1.3-1.35. Not higher!!!
2. And work comprehensively (competently, not by typing) with all the timings, not only with the primary ones.
Only this complex tuning method will give an increase from a few percent to a couple of tens of minutes. FPS + small increase to the average FPS. It all depends on the CPU (frequency, memory controller frequency, number of cores).
Now you just have Horse timings for this frequency, maybe everything has become even worse.

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
I tried to set all the timings as in that Yura program, but he didn't want to start it, by the way, I set the voltage to 1.3

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
Yes, and there are standard timings that go for 2400

R
Ryazancev 05.01.21

The S To
be honest, I doubt very much that you put EVERYTHING according to the calculator (at the most useless bar). Anyway, nothing is known about your config. There are more than two dozen parameters. If you moved them, you would see the result 100%, especially at 3000 MHz.

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
Well, look at one plate that is at 2666, it is Di give which is 2400 there is not clear, the micron chip and which program does not show

T
The s 05.01.21

Ryazancev
In the calculator I chose Di give and further on the characteristics

T
The s 07.01.21

Ryazancev
in general, one die E die another D die

T
The s 07.01.21

I understand it will be the worst in this case?

R
Ryazancev 07.01.21

The S
Tell me, what for is it you need, to arrange problems out of the blue ?! Memory is not at all expensive, and even if B.U. market, so generally. I would take a couple of the same with radiators, the same Crusial.
Yes Di-gimme worse. But the lack of cooling spoils everything, because the "oakiness" can be compensated for by throwing in the voltage. And this is the temperature!

T
The s 07.01.21

Ryazancev
While there is no money, it turned out to start at 3200 16-19-18-36

T
The s 07.01.21

Default reading 30 to latency 87, by increasing the frequency it became 42k and latency 78, I think some profit from this should be

T
The s 07.01.21

Ryazancev
The end result was 16-17-17-36 at 3200 and 1.25 volts

X
XOPSSS 29.01.21

Question. Maybe someone can tell me, since I did not find an answer regarding my hardware on the internet.
Mother - asus tuf b450-pro gaming
RAM - HyperX DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 Fury Black - 4 8GB dies
Will the memory work at 3000/3200 on this motherboard? In BIOS, I put a profile in docp at 3000 and at 3200 - nothing. So 2400 remained. In overclocking and so on of memory - I'm a full kettle.
And if you can overclock, how can you do it easier?
Thanks in advance for your help

X
XOPSSS 29.01.21

Tell me, on one tab it is indicated that the frequency is 2400, and on the other (memori) - that 3200. Who to believe? Freakvensie value changes depending on which profile I put in Bios. I put 3000 MHz - it shows the frequency under 1500. I put 3200 - it shows under 1600 (as in the photo)

L
Lex-one 29.01.21

XOPSSS
That's right, multiply this frequency by 2 and that's it.
Your memory is running at 3200

X
XOPSSS 29.01.21

Lex-one
Thank you very much)