3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MonteQ13 05.01.21 09:38 am

Too dark indoors (bug) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello. I flipped through similar topics, but the commentators in them are very witty and do not suggest any particular solution except how - "buy a new monitor", "throw out the calculator", etc. I bought the game only recently and did not play it before, because I had a weak PC. The game was bought on Steam, no graphic mods installed, licensed clean Win 10 with a purchased key. At the moment, the game is in Novigrad. Before the mission "Treasures of Count Royven" I was fine with everything in terms of graphics (except for the annoying rain). But at the moment when
The spoiler hero allegedly hands over Trissy, we enter the residence building - pitch darkness begins. At the same time, everything is in order on the street. The problem turned out to be rain and cloudy skies. It rained during the mission. I came to this purely by accident - I was looking for solutions on the Internet about frequent rains and found how to "turn off" the rain. First you need to make it possible to call the console - in the folder (disk with games) steamapps common The Witcher 3 bin config base in the general.ini file, add the third line DBGConsoleOn = true. In the game itself, the console is called via "~" and "stoprain" is written (without quotes). Having done this, I got the result - the picture became normal. This is most likely due to the fact that the buildings in The Witcher 3 are one with the world, and not loading locations as in the first part. So the game thinks that if it's cloudy outside, then it should be even worse inside ...)) I don't know. As for so many years it has not been fixed, it is probably impossible to do it. Hope this topic helps someone. P / S: I'm not going to put on graphic mods.
Screenshot 1 - cloudy and rain:

Screenshot 2 - the same room and time, but the rain is turned off:

13 Comments
Sort by:
X
X Ishimura X 05.01.21

MonteQ13
Try "changeweather (WT_Clear)" without quotes, any weather changes to clear and calm. And for dark rooms, especially caves, the game contains the Cat elixir.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

it's not a bug, it's a feature. there will still be several dark dungeons

G
Guest 16.07.23

You are a savior! thank you <3

G
Guest 16.07.23

G
Guest 16.07.23