3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Iydbyl 05.01.21 09:42 am

Joystick counts as xbox (Mortal Kombat 11)

My joystick is similar in structure to a dualshock, that is, instead of letters, it has a square, a triangle and the like. But in the game itself, the designations from the xbox'a. Can I change the game to show symbols instead of letters? Thank you in advance!
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 05.01.21

Iydbyl wrote:
... Is it possible to change the game to show symbols instead of letters? ...
If the developers did not provide support for the Sony controller in the game, or change icons for it, they will be displayed as standard, and they (by default) are considered from small soft controllers (Xbox 360, One, Series). In Steam, it seems, you can customize something ...
Spoiler
... but I haven't had DualShocks since PlayStation 2, I won't say for sure. Either look for some third-party software (if any), or remember the location of the buttons and press the necessary ones from memory.

P
PsychoMantis88 07.01.21

SonyK_2
I have a similar problem. I have dualshock 4
in the pirated version of the game from the khatab shows how it should be, I had everything zbs, there were buttons from ps4. But the Steam license shows me two gamepads, one is a fake box, and the second is dualshok. Current here is a dualshok as xbox 360 displays, But from a fake box 360 it shows as from xbox one.
In the pirate, the main ZBS everything was as it should, everything was mixed up for the license, and the fake kind of emulates hbok360hbok360 well in other games ...
That's the way it is.

S
SonyK_2 07.01.21

PsychoMantis88
To avoid this (in terms of confusing buttons and icons), back in 2008 I bought an Xbox 360 controller (it still works, although the left stick is loose) - with a definition in games (except for those that controllers do not support ) there are no problems at all (I don't configure anything in Steam, and even more so in pirates), only the driver has been installed in advance and that's it. And if you install Windows with a connected controller, it seems like it can install the driver itself (starting with Vista), I personally did not check it.
How many times has he dropped (he dropped it, not thrown out of anger) - still intact. And I liked it so much that in 2018 I bought a second controller - from the Xbox One. It has the only drawback that drivers are not installed normally for 7 without some kind of update - you have to "shaman". So it goes... ;)

P
PsychoMantis88 08.01.21

SonyK_2
I have a boxing gamepad from 360. Of course it is inferior to the original. But there is, I know that.
I have the pad from ps4, that is, I can remove it from the curling iron and insert it on the pc. As a person of the old school, I love three + a cross, a square, a circle). But I'm not really used to boxing, and sometimes I get confused about the buttons. Although boxing has been falling for me for a long time. Moreover, in the mortar, it is very important. Therefore, the controller that you love the most is important there.
In general, I solved this problem. In incentive, you need to remove a couple of daws from the controller itself. Now all the buttons show as they should, without any jumps and mods. The gamepad from ps4 is not badly compatible with Steam. You can even insert third-party games into Steam, and run games through it, the pad from the curling iron will plow. In fact, steam is a gamepad emulator.

S
SonyK_2 08.01.21

PsychoMantis88 wrote:
I have a boxing gamepad from 360. Of course it is inferior to the original ...
How do you understand it, a "cheap" version?
... As a person of the old school, I love three + a cross, a square, a circle ... I
myself once "loved", there were: Dandy, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2. Then I switched to PC.
... I'm not really used to boxing, and sometimes I get confused about the buttons ...
It's a matter of habit, I myself had no problems with this - the Xbox one looks like a Dreamcast, but I got used to it quickly, although I used DualShock 1 in parallel with it and 2.
.... In the incentive, you need to remove a couple of daws from the controller itself. Now all the buttons show as it should, without any races and mods. The gamepad from ps4 is not badly compatible with Steam. You can even insert third-party games into Steam, and run games through it, the pad from the curling iron will plow. In fact, steam is a gamepad emulator.
I wrote about this, I just did not use it myself, due to the lack of need - it works in most games, and in old (and where there is no support) I use Xpadder. Pirates (where there are problems with the display of button icons), you can try adding to Steam and playing through it. If there is a suspicion that a crack will fly off, start Steam in offline mode.