3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Z
ZiZu Zankercu 05.01.21 11:16 pm

GPU temperature in gtx 970 G1 gaming from gigabytes

during idle time, at 85% of the cooler spin-up, the card temperature is 52-53 degrees.
the GPU load, as you can see on the monitoring, is also high.
the card is 2 years old.
the case had to be opened, in the closed case the temperature was 65 degrees.
coolers are installed on the back cover - blowing in and out from above. coolers large 120 and 140 mm.
there is almost no dust in the system block.
the question is - is it normal for the card to have such a temperature and load in idle mode? or do you still need to sound the alarm?

PS The system unit stands on the table in a spacious place.
the hardware inside is
AMD FX 6300
GTX 970
16 GB RAM
800w power supply
OS -

Win7x64 no vire, check was carried out using Dr Web
at the first launch of the card (2 years ago) the temperature was at idle 38 degrees.
10 Comments
Sort by:
-
--- VENOM --- 05.01.21

Funny question if the card is 2 years old. Or is it used by you? It's just strange to use it for 2 years and just now think. But in general - the miner looks like a virus, which eats a video card, farms bitcoins to someone, and you have a headache.

E
EX0800_ 05.01.21

Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for the miner

-
--- VENOM --- 05.01.21

In general, why did he say about 2 years - in such cases they write - has she always worked like this or has just started? And if now - after what? Maybe what game or program you installed? For by itself, for no apparent reason, she certainly could, but hardly. Except to look at the thermal paste between the percent and CO. If it is (even if it is dry), then it should not be like that.

L
Len4ik00N 05.01.21

ZiZu Zankercu
If your home is not +40 or more, then 52 degrees at 85% cooler rotation speed is a lot. First you need to make sure that it is in the hardware, and not in the erroneous readings of the sensors: try to see the temperature using several different programs, and not only in idle mode. Check the condition of the thermal paste, it may have dried out and no longer transfers heat so well.

G
Geth Hunter 05.01.21

because the gigabyte has poor cooling. Stood 780 with 3 working turntables in idle 40 and above. MSI 970 idle 32 with turntables off. Draw conclusions

b
billypit 05.01.21

ZiZu Zankercu
" Idle " is when the card is not loaded, but your card is 90% loaded and its memory controller is loaded. And she oil at full speed. This is far from easy.
You don't seem to be quite a noob, you write websites, but to see what loads the map, what's stopping you?
Look in the dispatcher, turn off the experience just in case.
And the firewood has been updated more than once - make a clean installation, with resetting the settings
The problem is clearly there, loading the map in idle should not be so.
What else do you have in the tray, I xs. Look for the reason in the processes.

Z
ZiZu Zankercu 05.01.21

Thank you all, I figured it out myself. updated the vidyuhi drivers (made a clean installation), now the temperature is 28 degrees. the load on the GPU is gone.
all thanks again, the topic can be closed. help is no longer required.

S
Sanchez ramirez 05.01.21

ZiZu Zankercu wrote:
coolers on the back cover - blowing in and from above to blowing out
That is, immediately blowing cold air through the top? In my opinion, not the best cooling option. Well, it is, by the way.

W
WWQ 05.01.21

virus or miner, or all at once.
I would recommend every two years to change all the thermal interfaces on the video, motherboard and process, which has a positive effect on temperatures and service life.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

it is necessary to look at the fact of loading the GPU kernel and chattotes in idle time.
if there is a miner - some kind of download and increase in frequency will be.
it is unlikely but possible that as a result of driver error or overclocking curve, the card can reach a constant frequency regardless of the load.