3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 05.01.21 11:19 pm

Count shoals and creepy brakes (Subnautica)

Hello everyone. Of course, I understand that the game is still in Early Access and there is still a lot to come, including bug fixes and optimizations. I'll say right away that I have a face. So there is such a problem and I will try to describe it as clearly as possible. I do not attach screenshots, too lazy to do. This means: when you just start playing at the highest graphics settings, then everything is beautiful, but the game lags, and quite tough. During the game, I change the settings to the recommended ones, then the graph is a little worse, namely the glare at the bottom is not so beautiful and the water surface is slightly in pixels, but the game does not slow down, in general it is comfortable to play (and it is pleasant for the eye and does not slow down), but the process of changing the setting itself takes about 5 minutes! But the crux of the problem is further. In general, I played, survived, left the game, Then I launch it and, at the recommended or highest settings, load the save and observe the water surface in a rather low quality, the pixels are the same, no anti-aliasing, it also touches the shadows and the bottom surface also looks worse than usual. I change the settings here, for example, from the highest to the recommended ones, the same long process and everything becomes normal, as it was before. If you change from the recommended to the highest, then the graph is super, everything is very beautiful but wildly slows down. In general, I have to do it all the time like this: I play at the recommended settings, save and change the settings to the highest before leaving, exit. Then, without changing the graphics settings from the maximum, I load the save, the graph is wretched for some reason (as it was said above) and I change it already in the game for the recommended ones and that's it, the graph of norms does not lag.
In the menu itself, the quality changes instantly, but in the game for a very long time ... Also, after exiting the game for 5 - 8 minutes, it is impossible to use the computer, the hard disk lamp is constantly on and the computer does not respond to anything, it thinks about something shorter. Then all the rules.
At the very beginning, I wrote about early access for a reason, because on the Amway 921 streams at the highest settings, there are no problems with this and the settings in the game change almost as instantly as in the menu and the game does not lag. Well, sometimes it jams. What is the problem? In optimization for different configurations?
I have such hardware:
Prots i7 920, 2.67 GHz, 6 GB of RAM, Nvidia GTX 570 for 1280 MB. Hard drives are ordinary, not SSD, unfortunately for now.
PS The version of the game is stable, not experimental. Build 33409, May 2016.
7 Comments
Sort by:
a
agles 05.01.21

The game is not 100% optimized and raw. 50-60% of people, regardless of the power of iron, have the same crap. I have iron more powerful than yours 5 or 6 times and basically the same thing. Especially when I rebuild the base and then ales-kaput starts ... it's not realistic to play. For comparison, I play the new DOOM on the ultra, and it will be more voracious, so we need to wait for optimization and at least another 100 or 120 patches for this game, it’s damp to hell.

A
Alexey Enyutin 05.01.21

By the way, I discovered a funny thing in myself.

I played a pirate game (then I thought that the developers were worthy to buy the game, but I "matured" to buy it when I found out about the discount). Version 33125 like (where battery and power cell chargers are added). I downloaded the experimental version after purchasing ...
... And I noticed that, unlike pirate, the game works much better. I don't have those brakes that I had on the pirate.

That is, it was optimized for the campaign. In particular, after loading, I have no messages on the experimental program about receiving blueprints that caused lags after loading. Yesterday was version 34063.

S
Strelec-zmeya 05.01.21

Alexey Yenyutin I
mean, you play an experimental version of the game on litsukh? And there are no lags anymore? And the bug when the coral disks were not cut off with a knife was corrected? I have not tried it, but does it require anything to access the experimental version?

A
Alexey Enyutin 05.01.21

Strelec-zmeya
Yeah, license, experimental. Last night there was version 34086.
Lagov (except for light ones associated with loading the territory, especially noticeable when swimming on a moth because of the speed) did not notice. I even changed the quality in the settings from the minimum to the recommended one ..
I haven’t encountered a situation when the knife stopped cutting corals.
In general, it remains to wait when something is decided with the loading of the territories and everything will be fine.

For open beta versions, nothing is required, for closed beta versions you need an access key. I am quite satisfied with the open beta versions (if the developers have, of course, closed ones - in terms of the update rate, it looks like they work with one mainly)
I just indicated in the properties that I need an experimental one and that's it.

A
Alexey Enyutin 05.01.21

Yesterday I turned on the FPS display in the Nvidia Geforce Experience.
Game version 34218. Graphics settings - recommended, water quality - average

FPS, in general, even when swimming on a moth, did not fall below 30. There are small lags when loading the territory, but play normally

Comp - AMD FX-4300 / 16Gb / Nvidia Geforce 750 GTX 2Gb ... The drive is not an SSD. The game is on the second physical disc

H
Homikator 05.01.21

I tested for a long time and came to the conclusion that hard lags are starting to appear due to the large number of buildings and rees in the chests.
For the purity of the experiment, I used the console and made a huge underwater world, with full minced meat (I got so carried away that I did not notice how 4 hours passed), before the construction of the FPS it was in the range of 40-60, after 15-25, well sometimes it reached 30.
I have a smart computer for this toy, who is interested, the information is in the profile.
I have a SavedGames folder and as a result weighs 623 MB, this is somehow not normal.

M
MikuHadsune 05.01.21

All just guys, the game is in test mode. On which computer do not put it. drawdowns will be everywhere.