3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
marshallugntu 05.01.21 11:22 pm

Which is better - a used laptop or a new one?

We choose an inexpensive laptop for money, the gaming function is not a priority, but if possible it would be nice at a minimum so that fresh toys are launched (gta5, v3, mx) The
question is: which will be more productive:
1) a used laptop with a good processor, but an old vidyuha (example - Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2400 MHz (4 cores 8 threads), 6 GB of RAM, GeForce GT740M 2Gb)
2) or a new one with a weaker processor, but with a more recent vidyuha (example - Pentium N3540 4x2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 820M 1 Gb)
31 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

in the first, the video card is better lul. what to choose here ...
but for gambling, they probably will be especially lacking. just for a little too graphic

K
Kosh13 05.01.21

The laptop is not for games. So you can automatically bu.
Moreover, 740m head and shoulders above 820m

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Kosh13
approx. Thank you. I wasn't sure about vidyuhi, I thought maybe if the generation is newer, then the results of the newer w / c will be better

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

MunchkiN 616
I on a 4 year old computer run all of the above games at a minimum and play)) phenom II x4 3.0 GHz, 12 ram, radeon 5770 1 gb.

K
Kosh13 05.01.21

marshallugntu
How much does this boo cost?

A
Arti 05.01.21

marshallugntu the
first option is definitely better. the first number in the name of the video card is the generation, but the second number already indicates the performance class. So, as you were already told, the 740 is a cut above the 820.
By the way, the laptop itself with the same video card (only the younger generation) has a 640M. Config in the profile.
GTA 5 is played at high settings, with FXAA anti-aliasing is comfortable. MCX refuses to work without lags, but this is a feature of this game ... I did not try to launch The Witcher 3 after the patches released, but at first it lagged noticeably. But now it seems like people are playing on weaker systems, so in theory it should work.
(I took a used laptop myself and do not regret it) for 15 thousand rubles it was unrealistic to collect anything more powerful. Even AC Unity runs on medium-high settings (about 25 fps though), but you can play.

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Kosh13
21. new 29.5

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Arti
understood, thanks!
ours is more expensive ... but our prices are high for everything ...

K
Kosh13 05.01.21

marshallugntu
Expensive. You can find one for 15 here. Although for Yakutsk it may be normal.

K
Kosh13 05.01.21

marshallugntu
Bargain until at least 18-19.

A
Arti 05.01.21

marshallugntu
Kosh13
is basically a normal price now. Due to the instability of the dollar, all equipment has risen in price. Fortunately, I managed to buy a laptop on time, and even under warranty: D And what is there to lie, the price was more than acceptable at that time.
P.S. now I also estimate my laptop in the region of 20 thousand. For in stores, a laptop with a similar performance costs about 30 (without exaggeration, I checked)

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Kosh13
yes, prices are lower in the central regions. Due to the remoteness from the center and the complex transport system, we have such markups for everything. in the European part of Russia a liter of 92nd 32+, we have 42+, hence all the arithmetic)

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Arti,
yes, and under the pretext of a dollar, the sellers generally went berserk ... the dollar went up by 1.5 times, and the equipment by 2 :) was asking the price of a new system unit - there was no way below 40k ...

A
Arti 05.01.21

marshallugntu
agree .. Now a gaming PC will not be cheaper

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Arti
Kosh13
forgot to unsubscribe here) in the end they took this option (at the end of August still)

Dell Inspiron 17R Special Edition (7720)
17.3 "FullHD (1920x1080) Intel Core i7 3630QM (2.4-3.4GHz), 8GB RAM (1600MHz), GeForce GT 650M (2GB), 1TB HDD + Cooler Master Stand
Matte display, backlit keyboard, built-in Skullcandy ™ speakers (dual speakers and a subwoofer) with Waves MaxxAudio® 4, 4x USB 3.0, Ethernet, 802.11n Wi-Fi , Bluetooth.
For 25 tr. There were no
better offers in terms of price-quality later, I specially monitored ads

K
Kosh13 05.01.21

marshallugntu
So it seems like niche but vidyuha tin. Does she pull anything else on the middle?

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

Kosh13
Not really. The Witcher 3 is somehow at a minimum. And so, I don’t remember what else they launched. They bought my brother for study, a couple of days before departure, they took it, drive it, and there was no time for much. By the way, vidyuha is even more or less)) Basically, for this price, laptops with low cards of that generation are sold

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 05.01.21

marshallugntu The
laptop is not too old and the battery still somehow pulls?

m
marshallugntu 05.01.21

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I will not say about the battery, my brother uses it in stationary mode as far as I know.

G
Golivud 05.01.21

As for me, the laptop is cool for that kind of money, I generally like things, the design is good, nothing more.