3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mark Chernov 05.01.21 11:32 pm

Problems with installing steam games after reinstalling OC, etc.

The topic is very popular, but I decided to write it down, I don't know, maybe they are here.
In general, after buying a game, everyone is faced with such a problem that you bought the game and brought the game itself from a friend who is already playing, you brought it home, but he loads it steam, but how would you put it where you need to.
So here is the solution, copy the file from the Steam steam.dll folder and paste this file into the game itself, but before all this, you must delete the game in steam (e) and then insert the game steam steamapps common (Game name) Next, in steam (e) press install and voila, the game looks for existing game files.
2 Comments
Sort by:
G
Geth Hunter 05.01.21

What? I didn't fucking get it. Who inserted where? To whom did you insert it? Did your friend put it in? Congratulations

a
asbarton 05.01.21

There are no problems installing steam once you start it, then you delete all folders except Steam.exe and steamapps
steamapps this is the place where your games are installed, then you transfer steamapps (from the old windows). And you run steam.exe and everything works! Ideally, keep the steam folder on the D: drive at all (then there won't be any problems with installing a new OS)