3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mountain 05.01.21 11:38 pm

your version of the plot? (SPOILERS) (Layers of Fear)

After completing the game, I still did not understand the plot, and what happened there at all ... can you help? Thank you
10 Comments
Sort by:
k
killycrok 05.01.21

Mountain
Some dude out there, wanted to paint a "perfect" picture, and we plunge into the world of his nightmares and memories, but his picture did not come out.

H
HitD 05.01.21

killycrok
"but his picture did not come out" depends on the ending.

M
Meniuris 05.01.21

As far as I understood from the notes and monologues, the wife suffered in the fire, losing her beauty. The husband tried to help, sent threats to the doctors, but they were powerless. He began to avoid his spouse, began to drink. The wife began to suffer because of this, and later committed suicide. The daughter was taken by the state. In my opinion, the husband is not to blame for anything. I believe that a severed finger, eyes, etc. in reality it was not, it was in the painter's sick thoughts, as well as the ghost of his wife and all the visions. This is clearly seen by the end of the game, when he throws the portrait of his wife into the room with the rest of the failed paintings, while all the visions immediately end and we see the real situation at home. The main character repeats the portrait of his wife over and over again, but each has some kind of flaw.

p
pshanyrckov 05.01.21

I have a wrong ending judging by the inscription in the room above the door where the painting stood.

s
soulfox 05.01.21

Throughout the game, you need to make a choice. You can choose a job or a family. Depending on the choice (it is elementary not to enter a certain room or vice versa - to enter) by us, the narrative, rooms, notes and the ending change. This is a very unusual game.

p
pshanyrckov 05.01.21

The Russian voice acting just came out to her ..

S
SadSam 05.01.21

I just found out about the second ending (* good ")
initially, I thought that the main character is dead and for his actions this is his punishment - eternity in attempts to draw his masterpiece, since this was the main thing in his life for him .
at the end of the room with a chessboard, it was the question - "Do you even know who to play a game?" with whom.?

A
Artem Cullen 05.01.21

passed twice, and still the ending "WIFE" I can't find the very first photo in the album, and the last one, it's like an article or a clipping. In short, I don't understand how to open the rest of the 2 endings)

R
Reverrius 05.01.21

What scares me most is what could have happened to the child. After the suicide of his wife, he was taken away, and his father was deprived of parental rights, but ... there is a note which says that the main character kidnapped his child. In addition, it is worth paying attention to the symbolism in the nightmare of the protagonist, where we find a dead rat on a crib, and in a creepy picture we see a "monster" holding a rat in his arms, which is a reference to the "correct picture".
Maybe all those components that we found for the picture during the game (hair, skin, finger, bone, blood, eyes ...) were from his daughter ... And the butchered corpse is hidden behind a closed door, under which someone then spilled the "wine" ...?

o
oxxxymiron889 05.01.21

So what other endings?